A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Do you believe...

Post 141

MaW

Fridges are good. They keep chocolate nice and hard smiley - smiley

Do you believe...

Post 142

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Yeah but only if if y'keep 'em closed. Hard chockies depend on a closed fridge system.
I keep opening mine. Open,close. Open,close. Does the light really go out? Or does it hide at the end of a tunnel?
Actually, I heard they were gonna turn that one off as a cost-cutting measure.

Do you believe...

Post 143

imWACC0

I just read thru all 142 postings, and I kept getting this image of god (looking like Gerry Garcia in a white robe) reading this and laughing like mad. “Oh my! That is a good one. Verey funny.” smiley - smiley

Do you believe...

Post 144

imWACC0

why did my quotation marks turn in to “ ?

Do you believe...

Post 145

MaW

Dunno. What OS, web browser, keyboard layout and code page are you using?

Do you believe...

Post 146

That may well be god's little way of moderating a supposed quote.
You just can't go around saying god said this and god said that. I suppose it's possible that god was laughing all along, lurking as usual, having a right chuckle at our expense. But when some 'wacco' comes along and starts 'quoting', well, a foot needs putting down somewhere, or any old nutter might come along willy-nilly and attribute all-sorts to having been said by the supreme being. They could fill a book with all the things people say god said.

Do you believe...

Post 147

Yep, the more I think about it that -&#8220- looks like god's work. Very similar to the gibberish he had us spouting at the tower of babble that time.

Do you believe...

Post 148

Babel o' fish...back to earning a crust!

God, I hate Mondayssmiley - grr. Anyone keen to ban the f*****s? Or failing that, is there an anti-Monday sect I can join? Or should I just shut-up and look forward to Tuesday?smiley - steam

Do you believe...

Post 149

It's a funny old month this May ..or it's a funny old May this month.
Y'got a full moon on the first Monday the 7th. The next Monday (14th) was Bank Holiday in the UK, today (21st) is Victoria Day Holiday in Canada and next Monday (28th) is Memorial Day in the US (and the running of the Indianapolis 500).

There was an anti-monday league here-abouts, got absorbed by the committee to change Thursday to Thing (known as the Thing-ites) when the Thingies agreed to also change Monday to Sodit. They have plans to revise the entire week actually. Try searching 'thingites'.

Do you believe...

Post 150

Nothing bloody funny about this month jwf. Think 'll listen to Desolation Row (again!!!) to cheer myself up. In fact I've gone some way to doing that already by ma*ing a b*tch of ho*e br*w.
All those *s are what happens when you spend too long online with Asterix the Gaul otherwise know as B*n.
Catching!!!
Now the theraputic effects of drinking beer (in moderation) is something I truly believe in.smiley - smileysmiley - alesmiley - smiley

Do you believe...

Post 151

Silent_Potato (Muse of Center Stage)

Everyone in the world is going to die at some point. It's just my hope we don't all die at the same time. (Not that it would matter to me much if we did). Anyway, back to the point...uh...yes, I do believe in an afterlife - In my opinion if we die *something* must happen - I don't think all our experiences go to waste, If you think of the brain as some sort of receiver for the 'soul' or whatever, when the brain dies with the body the signal (soul, whatever) is released. ah well, we'll all find out one day. Roll on death.

smiley - smiley

Do you believe...

Post 152

I don't believe in death.
Therefore I won't die.
QED....or should I give it more time do you think?

Do you believe...

Post 153

MaW

More time.

Do you believe...

Post 154

More think.

Do you believe...

Post 155

MaW

More smiley - choc

Do you believe...

Post 156

Sound advice. Thanks. Personally I'm going to give it more smiley - ale

Do you believe...

Post 157

MaW

I prefer smiley - choc.

* eats smiley - choc *

Do you believe...

Post 158

Gravity Welles

Doh! Leave it to me to be offline when a really interesting thread opens up. I just read the backlog - wow! But now it looks like you guys got all tuckered out from racking your brains and have gone all silly on me.
Oh well, I just spent an hour reading all this. I have been thinking about it and looking forward to having my say when I got to the end so I am not going to be put off by frivolity and chocolate. This is a serious issue and I have very strong feeling on the subject and I'm .... what kind of chocolate is that?

Truth to tell I'm an atheist. When you're dead you're dead. If I didn't believe that I would still have my smiley - ghostsmiley - ghost parents living with me!

Do you believe...

Post 159

sunny

hm. I consider myself an atheist, too. But recently I realised that I urgently NEEDED a concept of 'the energy is not lost after death - it transforms to something else'. without a picture of an afterlife as such.

Even if it turns out not to be true at all - it takes some of the weight off the idea of everybody having to die some day.

Do you believe...

Post 160

Well I've had more *time*, more *think* and most definitely more *smiley - ale* and I positively refuse to curl up my toes at some future date. Haven't you lot heard of the power of positive thought? Didn't some Americans gather round the White House a few years ago and levitate the bloody thing?
~ Amen ~

Key: Complain about this post