A Conversation for The Rolling Rock Ranch

The Ranchhouse

Post 241

Garius Lupus

Just looks like a dead end, to me. Just that lumpy cliff up ahead.

Wait....I think I saw something flash in the middle of the cliff.

The Ranchhouse

Post 242

Coniraya

*carries on running and finds herself in the Indian Village outskirts*

A760105

The Ranchhouse

Post 243

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*takes off on the DFB and follows Caer*

The Ranchhouse

Post 244

Witty Moniker

*Follows, picking her way through the puddles of jello.*

The Ranchhouse

Post 245

Carmel Bunny, spokes stuffie for cute things everywhere

*Carmelsmiley - bunny enters just as everyone exits. Though there are no pug tracks she decides to follow anyway. With only herself to drag the little red wagon she is moving very slowly.*

The Ranchhouse

Post 246

Reverend Lovejello (a.k.a. John Wesley Hardjello)

*Spots a rabbit pulling a red wagon, puts his gun away, strides up and sits in the wagon.*

Well hallo thar, Mr. Bunny Rabbit. I ain't suppose yer got a manual an' a emerald, huh? I kinder need 'em fer negotertin' with the Celery, to free yer friend who's been kidnapped, yer know. An' I reckin' a cute little bunny like you's gonna wanna help any way yer can, is I right? Cuz yer kin trust me, cuz I's a preacher, yer know.

The Ranchhouse

Post 247

*Carmelsmiley - bunny bristles momentarily, then takes a deep breath to compose herself*

I do beg your pardon, Sir, but it's Miss not Mister, and I much prefer just bunny, not bunny rabbit.

*Never-the-less, despite the horendous first impression, Carmel resolves to be as helpful as she can be, partly because that's her nature and partly because she isn't going anywhere until he gets the heck out of her little red wagon.*

I do think I have a manual here....(she rumages through the detritus in the wagon)...Oh, goody, here it is.

*She hands the Rev. a copy of the Boy Scout Manual, cira 1952*

I was told that the chapter on knotts would be particularly useful, but dear me I just kept getting tangled.

The Ranchhouse

Post 248

Titania (gone for lunch)

*arrives from the direction of the barn, together with Sol and d'E and (hopefully> Zeppo and the pugs*

Well, look who we've got here - the reverend! *eyes him suspiciously*

You'd better get off that wagon, reverend - you'll break it any minute!

Carmel smiley - bunny - do you need help?

The Ranchhouse

Post 249

Sol

*leans over, clutching the stich in her side, panting gently and eying the... preacher? warily*

The Ranchhouse

Post 250

*Takes the manual and sildes it into his pocket, then pats the bunny roughly on the head.*

Thanky, miss, an' sorry I called yer "mister" - I's a preacher, I ain't no vet, so as sometimes I gets confused.

Well hello thar, I see's we's got some of the posse back together. We seems to have got seprated by that thar stampede. Now this bunny here an me, we's plannin' on rescuin' yer friend. I got the manual an' all I needs is that jewel so I kin begin negotiartin. Yer's wouldn't know where it is, would's yer?

The Ranchhouse

Post 251

*Carmelsmiley - bunny again tries to sort through the little red wagon's load*

A jewel? Well...I do have this...

*she holds up a roundish, multifacetted gold jewel on a chain*

Will the Soulstone of Atlantis do?

The Ranchhouse

Post 252

*the pugs arrive just behind the d'Elephant and Titania and immediately begin barking at the Rev. (they'll agree to pull the little red wagon, but they aren't hauling this guy around!)*

The Ranchhouse

Post 253

Titania (gone for lunch)

*looks towards barn*

Wow - those ghosts sure left in a hurry - I wonder why? Let's follow them!

<./>F91200?thread=198231&latest=1</.>

smiley - whistle Gandalf! d'E - which horse were you riding?

Reverend, it seems you've got what you wanted - now will you *please* get out of that wagon?

The Ranchhouse

Post 254

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I don't remember what horse I was riding! I guess I could just take that one.

Ghosts? How do you follow a ghost, if you can't see it? I say we head up that path, there seem to be footprints leading away from the house in that direction.
smiley - dog

The Ranchhouse

Post 255

Sol

Follow the sound of rattling chains? Still, I'm easy. I'll follow where you guys lead. But perhaps we better get a wiggle on?

Carmel, honey, are you sure you want to give that to this... gentleman?

The Ranchhouse

Post 256

Witty Moniker

*A bright light flashes in the distance. If the posse members squint just the right way, they'll see Witty waving to them.*

F91200?thread=192256?thread=&post=2296986#p2296986

The Ranchhouse

Post 257

Titania (gone for lunch)

*tries to shade her eyes from the unexpected flashes*

What the - ?

*squints in exactly the right way*

Hey! It's Witty! Do you think there's trouble ahead? *looks hopeful*

We'd better get going!

*knocks the reverend off the red wagon, leads Gandalf to a nearby fence, climbs up on the fence, mounts, extends a helping hand to Sol, waits until she has mounted*

Yihaaaa, Gandalf!

*disappears in a cloud of dust towards
<./>F91200?thread=192256&latest=1</.>

The Ranchhouse

Post 258

Carmelsmiley - bunny Well, if Mac ever runs the game again he can make a new prop for the Soulstone the same way he did the first time, by disassembling costume jewelry from a dollar store and spray painting it gold.

*she gets the pugs back into harness and follows Titania*

The Ranchhouse

Post 259

smiley - steam Well I ain't never! Pushy elf!

*Follows*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more