A Conversation for Central US Researchers Group

Central States Researchers

Post 41

elwood

Hi Broe,

It looks great. Thanks for all the hard work.

Just one suggestion - could you put everything related to Michigan in all caps and move it up to the first spot at the top of the list?

smiley - smiley

Post 42

Afgncaap5

Ha! The Hoosier State deserves *THAT* honor!smiley - winkeye

Post 43

elwood

I've always wondered what the heck a Hoosier is?

Sounds like a vaccuum cleaner.

(Actually my relatives hail from Lagootee)

Post 44

Afgncaap5

No one's really sure what Hoosier means. My personal favorite myth is that is was the name of a really succesfull ferry boat captain.

Post 45

elwood

One other Indiana connection for me. My wife went to Taylor University in Upland. *embarassed* So there is Hoosier in my past. (I also saw the Gene Hackman movie)

Post 46

Ruby Tuesday

Hello there,

I'm in Central Ohio...does that me Centraly centered?? smiley - winkeye
I would like to be listed on your page.
Would you please put Luna(Queen of Hearts) there also? http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/a100567
It's my alter ego. Okay, it's also my original page that I can't seem to access now.
I have not been blocked by h2g2, just by my own stupid brain!

Thanks!

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday smiley - winkeye

Post 47

Ruby Tuesday

okay, I screwed that up!!

For Luna(QoH) try http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/u100567

sorry about that! it's been awhile.

Post 48

elwood

Are you sure you're in Ohio, or maybe it's Scotland?

Anyway. Hello and welcome.
I'm sure Broelan will be right with you just have a seat over there
by that skeleton.smiley - winkeye

Post 49

broelan

smiley - tongueout

sorry 'bout that!
of course, i'd be happy to add you to the page smiley - biggrin and your alter as well. i'd love to say i'll get to that right away, but as i'm at work it may take me a few hours (read that: days). i promise i will get you up there soon tho!

Post 50

elwood

Promises, promises.

(the slam not the musical)smiley - tongueout

Post 51

Researcher ASK

Hi

I wish to join the Central US researchers group. I live in Champaign, IL.

Post 52

broelan

okay! got everyone added in smiley - smileyhttp://www.h2g2.com/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_smiley.gif" /> and it only took me two days. welcome ruby tuesday and researcher ask.

researcher ask, if you edit your space and add ' http:// ' before that link it will become clickable smiley - smiley

Post 53

Michele - Doily Mogul: Don't leave me! If you go there'll be no braincells in the room at all!

Add me please! Looks like you need more people from Kansas! (you better add Dorothy and her dog Toto also...)

I live in Overland Park, Kansas - it's a suburb of Kansas City, only on the Kansas side of the line. (For those of you who may be visiting the midwest for the first time - Kansas City sits on the state line between Missouri and Kansas. What most people consider as "downtown" KC, the remodelled Union Station and the sports arenas are on the Missouri side. We do have a Kansas City , Kansas also, but it is much smaller. Most of the "burbs" are on the Kansas side. And yes - it can get very confusing unless you have lived here awhile! smiley - huh

But to simplify things we can just say that I am from Kansas City!
And NO we do not have flying monkees - they're only in Oz!)

Thanks!
Michele
smiley - devil

Post 54

elwood

Hello fellow mid-westernererer!

I just popped by your page and you must be the busiest first day newbie ever!!!

It took me weeks to get to as much stuff as you did over night!
I think it was a month before I was brave enough to use smiley - smileys
(and I'm still not brave enough to become a thingite)

I'm also in the graphics field...in Detroit.
(though art-directors are our enemies - I'm sure you're kind to studios)

Well Broelan will be by shortly (re. when you're old and looking like a yellowed doily) to add you to the roster!

Welcome!!!smiley - biggrin

Post 55

Michele - Doily Mogul: Don't leave me! If you go there'll be no braincells in the room at all!

Thanks Elwood!

An Art Director of a Manufacturing Company is NOT a very prominant position, however it is a lot of fun. I AM the art department! smiley - monster The only bad thing is that I don't get to interact with other creative people (they have me in a cubicle next to accounting...ACCOUNTING for God's sake!) And I also have the only MAC in the company, which is networked in to all of the PC's and creates undo havoc! (That's also a lot of fun too! smiley - winkeye)

We use an advertising agency to do our air/tv time work and most of our major magazine ads. I do all of the can labels, box art, sales flyers, bathroom door notices and general-printing-of peoples-children-off of-the-only-color-printer-in-the-office stuff.

Hope to talk to you again soon!
Michele
smiley - devil

Post 56

elwood

A pleasure meeting you, Michele.

Since I'm a workday computer user, I won't be back until Monday.

So have a wonderful weekend!smiley - biggrin
(and stay away from those accountants, their brains don't work like ours)

Post 57

Afgncaap5

I've never met an accountant that I didn't really like, actually.

Not sure how many accountants I've ever met, though, but I generally like most people.

Post 58

broelan

hello michele, welcome! i'm a work-day user too, i just work different days smiley - winkeye i should be able to add you to the page today, but it's my monday so if i don't manage it i'll get to it soon, i promise.

i've been to overland park, ks... i used to have friends up that way. they've moved out of the area, so i don't know when i'll get back up that way, but hubby's mentioned an interest in going to kc some time so we might make a weekend of it eventually.

Post 59

Excellent! smiley - ok Email me when you think you're heading this way and I'll be happy to refer you to some good places to visit!

Post 60

Afgncaap5

Hmmm, that strikes me with an idea. Travelling Researchers stopping at places set up by other Researchers with free travelling tips for the area. Long shot, but it'd be interesting to think about.

Key: Complain about this post