A Conversation for Central US Researchers Group

Central States Researchers

Post 1

broelan

Please use this thread to join the Central States Researchers Group. Leave your name below, and if you'd like, where you are. Let me know if you think I should include researcher locations on the page, or if you specifically do *not* want your location listed.

Oh, and Spread The Word! smiley - biggrin Thanks!

st. b

Post 2

Shea the Sarcastic

Great idea, broe! smiley - ok

Post 3

Deidzoeb

Howdy,

Can I join? Apparently Michigan isn't east enough to make the Northeast group. Glad to see someone interested in the midwest.
Please list my location as Michigan.

I have a couple entries for Mich., if you don't mind "unedited" entries.

Ann Arbor Hash Bash
A538788

Eight Interesting Facts About Chelsea, Michigan, USA.
A254828

Jiffy Mix (a company based in Chelsea, MI)
A254747

Post 4

broelan

yay! glad to have you subcom. deidzoeb smiley - smiley actually yesterday when i was gathering info for the page i came across your name a few times and was going to drop an invite to your space today before i got too busy. as you can tell by the total lack of said invitation, i got way too busy. but i'm so glad you found it smiley - biggrin

i don't have the time to update the page right this minute (it's very late, and i'm not usually on this time of day), but the next time i'm on i'll add you and your entries! and if you know of any other researchers up your way please send them over. i still intend to send invites when i get the chance, but sadly many of the people i came across while looking for articles have not returned since rupert smiley - sadface

Post 5

Deidzoeb

I just passed along the info about the Central US Researchers Group to another guy who wrote entries on some Michigan towns and the Great Lakes.

Don't worry about updating constantly. I know all about that. In fact, I only logged on again tonight with the intention of adding another name to the Zaphodista page.

Later!
Deidzoeb

Post 6

broelan

...and an hour later... i'm *still* here!
gee, can we spot the addict? smiley - winkeye
i really and truly am going to go to bed now.
really.
honestly.
well...
maybe after i check my page just one last time...
smiley - smiley

Post 7

cjurkovich

I am a native of Kansas City, Kansas who immigrated to Portland, Oregon 9 years ago.

Post 8

elwood

As a middle child I know all about waiting my turn. So what if there was a Northeast,Southwest, North of Northeast Southern West States Researchers Clubs before there was one for us. Central Staters aren't the pushy types.smiley - smiley
(if no one else notices us that's okay we know we're here)
I'm from the Detroit area.
And thank you St. Brolean for starting this up for all of us Middlers.smiley - biggrin
Let me know if there is anything I can help out with!smiley - ok

Post 9

elwood

If I'm going to thank you I guess I should spell your name correctly.smiley - silly
Thanks, Broalen
Thanks, Breolan
Thanks, Broolin
smiley - erm
Thanks, Bro
smiley - smileyAhhh!

Post 10

broelan

hi all! sorry for the delay smiley - smiley and don't worry about the spelling, elwod smiley - winkeye common error. you've all been added and the page has been temporarily updated, i still intend to add some graphics, and either today or tomorrow i'm going to post a few invitations.

i've heard unofficial rumblings about a possible all-u.s. meet up sometime next year. we're in a prime location to host smiley - smiley

thanks for signing up! and help me get the word out when you can, thanks smiley - biggrin

Post 11

Marc, RoD, Muse of BAATPTADOUBRA. NAVO,ASPATB,SGLGAHOMQ.

Hey, cool, just got a couple of little unedited things I wrote, dunno if they're worth putting up here or not, I'll leave it up to you, and now I have a great big run on sentence, isn't it lovely?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A208568 is a short blurb about Athens, where I grew up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A447680 is my article on the University of Illinois which I attend...

I want everybody in the general Illinois/Missouri area to know, as well, I leave an open invitation to everybody I know to come skydiving with me at Archway Skydiving Center in Vandalia, IL. smiley - biggrin

Marc

Post 12

broelan

yay! you made it smiley - smiley don't know about the sky-diving, tho. smiley - erm i still don't understand why anyone would willingly jump out of a perfectly good airplane smiley - winkeye

welcome!

at this time i don't have any un-edited entries referenced, but i may add them later smiley - smiley

Post 13

JadedGoddess

Ummm.... I always thought Oklahoma was a kinda Central state, but it's not listed. Maybe I'm wrong(I know that happens a lot!), but I'd still like to join. If you don't mind.

Post 14

Apollo

Researcher from (southern) Illinois here!!

thanks for getting this going Broelan! I was wondering when it would happen...

Post 15

broelan

greetings and salutations, sorry for my extended absence! i apologize for not getting back here sooner, rl is conspiring against my h2g2 time. apollo, i've added you to the illinois list, i'm glad you found us smiley - smiley what part of southern illinois are you in?

jaded goddess, i would have considered oklahoma was central as well, or southwest, but right now it is part of the southeast researchers group (along with texas) here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/a479225 . the southeastern group is rather extensive, including everything south of the central group and east of new mexico. all of the other u.s. researcher groups had been formed by the time i set up central states, so i included what hadn't already been included elsewhere. i would be glad to add you to our group as an 'honorary' member, and you're certainly welcome to keep up with the group and join in any activities we set up!

if anyone posts here and i don't get back to you right away, please don't think i'm ignoring you! i used to get to spend lovely hours here every day, and now sadly my employer thinks i should be doing more to earn my pay smiley - yikes (imagine that!). hopefully after august the worst will be over, at least i might have some free time on my off days to log in next month. if you feel i've missed something you've posted, please don't hesitate to post again, and if you feel i'm being really thick, stop by my userpage and leave me a message there. i'm trying my best not to neglect this group, and this fall my schedule should be better, at any rate. please bear with me smiley - cheerup thanks!

Post 16

elwood

hello does anybody live between the coasts with me?!!!smiley - yikes

Post 17

broelan

nope! not a soul smiley - yikes

smiley - winkeye

how've you been, elwood? i haven't seen you much lately ('course, i haven't seen much of anyone lately... as i've been much to busy with this new concept called 'real life'. it's a strange and weird world out there, i miss you guys so much!!)

how's the weather been up there? summer winding down yet?

Post 18

broelan

a thousand apologies to apollo, after just now checking the page for the first time in a few weeks, i find that after telling you that i had just added you to the page i had, in fact, not done exactly that!
smiley - cheerup i'm so very sorry! it was an honest oversight. and i *have* updated now, and added you (a few weeks late!)

Post 19

Apollo

Thanks Broelan smiley - biggrin no harm done...

and in response to your previous post, I am in the far southern part....close to Carbondale, SIU-C. Little town called Murphysboro smiley - smiley

Post 20

broelan

*checks map*
smiley - wow
that's only about two hours away smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post