A Conversation for The BOF Inn (Under Construction)

THE SNUG

Post 3901

Sol

*Looks up a liitle woozily*

Mmmmm? Your round, T? I'll have another.

*Waves glass round a bit vauguely, but quite determindly*

THE SNUG

Post 3902

Titania (gone for lunch)

Another sherry for Sol, and another G&T for myself, please...

*still fidgeting, wishing that the smiley - ghost had a little bit more sense for rhythm*

THE SNUG

Post 3903

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*enters carrying the Earl of Lucan over his shoulder, sees an empty chair at the table with Billy and Doc Hollijello, and drops the unconscious Earl into the chair*

He just crawled out of the woods. Looks like that handy black mare of Bottomley's left him behind. Got some brandy, barman?

THE SNUG

Post 3904

Munchkin

smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrink
A sherry, a brandy and a G and T. Its the tumblers that make them all look the same I tell you.

THE SNUG

Post 3905

Witty Moniker

A smiley - stout and smiley - ale for me, if it's not too much trouble.

THE SNUG

Post 3906

Kes

*Stares at his pint*
smiley - cdoublesmiley - alesmiley - ale
S'true! They do all look the same!

THE SNUG

Post 3907

Doc Hollijello

*doffs hat*

Well ma'am yuh see ah'm not that kind of Physician but ah reckon we cud use mah cards Tarot like to see whut we kin do about yur ailment.

*shuffles deck in a flamboyant fashion then deals two card to m-r and two cards to himself. He turns his first card up which is an ace*

Well well well, whattaya know - the cards tell me that you are in danger of suffering a severe financial loss in the near future ma'am smiley - winkeye

THE SNUG

Post 3908

Munchkin

smiley - stoutsmiley - ale
I could quite enjoy this having customers larkey. Just providing everyone sticks to the rules and we can get some more fuel for the fire. All these bods seem to be preventing the heat from getting to me.

THE SNUG

Post 3909

Toccata

*wakes up, having been smiley - zzz for about a month!*

are there any smiley - xmastree yet? we could put then on the fire?

THE SNUG

Post 3910

Munchkin

The shrapnel off of those things tends to do horrible things to the slower customers, which is all we seem to have these days. And it would only lead to a rant about Christmas getting earlier which I could do without frankly. There is all that stuff we salvaged from the canal which might be of use.

THE SNUG

Post 3911

IctoanAWEWawi

*wanders up to the fire and slyly tips a handfull of hazelnuts onto the fire*

*legs it and stands by the door to watch the fun smiley - smiley *

THE SNUG

Post 3912

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

/* Stirs in front of the fire */

What, are those flames just painted onto the logs? I'm going to stand near the stove. smiley - stout please.
smiley - dog

THE SNUG

Post 3913

IctoanAWEWawi

That's no good. Where's the real fire? There's nothing like the 'zing' of charred hazelnuts erupting from a blazing log fire.

no fair. Have to get another smiley - ale or smiley - alesmiley - ale then smiley - smiley

THE SNUG

Post 3914

Munchkin

Hmmm *Has a quick shufty at the "fire"*
He's right you know, the fire must have gone out during the summer when we were all on the terrace and some fiend has painted some flames on some damp logs. This one even has a smilie face on it. Does anyone have a match or other fire starting implement?

THE SNUG

Post 3915

IctoanAWEWawi

My Face, Your .... no, that's wrong, isn;t it? Least I hope it is.

Flammable stuff. Hmmm.

Wanders over to where the *special* optics are kept and proceeds to upend several of them over the fire (well no ones gonna drink them are they? 'fact I might as well add the bottle of Bells to it.

Right, goes out to see if there are any glowing embers left in the BBQ.

THE SNUG

Post 3916

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*goes behind counter and grabs frying pan, ready to return any oncoming hazelnuts*

THE SNUG

Post 3917

IctoanAWEWawi

* lopes back in like something from a film on the neanderthal *

"Fire!" he cries in reverent tones

Carefully places glowing embers on fire, blows gently on the sparks a la Ray Meers to create flames and legs it smiley - run before they get to the whiskey and optics.

"Best of Luck, Lil, but I think you might need something a bit bigger than a frying pan!" smiley - yikes

Hides behind door....

THE SNUG

Post 3918

Munchkin

*Roots around under the bar and comes up with his old WWII tin helmet. Places on head, drinks a quick smiley - stiffdrink malt and hunkers down behind the bar, peering over cautiously at the hopefully soon to be fire*

THE SNUG

Post 3919

Garius Lupus

*Still feeling ill*

smiley - ill

*Wanders over near the fire and throws up on the flames, extinguishing them. Feels much better.*

smiley - smiley

THE SNUG

Post 3920

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

smiley - weird

You still have to pay for the sandwich.

Key: Complain about this post