A Conversation for Musicians Guild Membership Page

Join Here

Post 261

Candi - now 42!

I would like to stay in the Ignored musicians' guild and be a member of the Musicians' Guild as well, if that's allowed, because my kind of music is often ignored, but I think I deserve to be the official guild as well, so that it is ignored less. Does that make sense?

I will wait for confirmation before putting the badge in my space.

(taking this all very seriously)

smiley - smileysmiley - winkeye

Candi.

Join Here

Post 262

Rat, who can't remember his way round this bloody thing.

well I said it was ok for strider (pending, of course, crazy mans approval)...caint really have one rule for one and other for everyone else can we smiley - winkeye

Over to crazy man now...

Join Here

Post 263

Galen

i have made myself a washtub bass and i have played it some
i am not very good, but i love music and making it
i sing, and depending what types of work that need done on the guild pages, i would be willing to do some

Join Here

Post 264

David R. Litwin

Thanks for the inclusion!

Join Here

Post 265

David R. Litwin

Now the, what is my first official order?

Join Here

Post 266

WHITE WIZARD ~ Chancellor of magic ~

Hi there, White wizard here.Can I have a membership please.I play the keyboard, guitar, sing & make lots of growling noises.The ultimate goal would have to be stardom.Oh yeah I used to be a dj as well.Influences are: megadeth, metallica, slipknot, ramstein, soulfly, craddle of filth etc

Join Here

Post 267

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

WW,

So what's the thing with NuMetal then - isn't it just like rap with loud guitars on?

Bassman smiley - cool

Join Here

Post 268

Well basically yeah.A thrash metal band called anthrax as far as I know were the first to do it in the late eightes.The song was called 'Im the man', but it was made as a joke.They later re mixed the song with run dmc.The album is called attack of the killer b's.(bee's)

Join Here

Post 269

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

The thing that gets me is that some of the guys can sing well and have great voices - so why all the shouting? Angst I suppose!!

I suppose I'm no great fan because I'm getting to the age where a broad mind and a narrow waist change places!! smiley - laugh

Bassman smiley - cool

Join Here

Post 270

You just get more of a feel for the music when they keep switching between the two, (tension build up) if that makes sense_

Join Here

Post 271

Researcher 177402

Now I`m here... Here I'll stay around around around around.....
Down on h2g2 justah- you `n me! smiley - winkeye dun, durrudirrun duh, din, din, dirri dun, din, dirrun, din, dirrun... din dirrun, dun, durrudirrun duh, din, din, dirri dun, din, dirrun, din, dirrun... din dirrun...

smiley - footprintsaka (",)

Join Here

Post 272

AAH A Queen fan.Thunder bolts & lightning, very very frighten me.

Join Here

Post 273

erostratus

I play the piano, the trombone and the baritone horn. I have studied voice intensively and have made a little money singing on some small stages.

I love classical; big classical. I'm particularly fond of Mahler, Sibelius, Nielsen, Stravinsky, Bartok, Shostakovich and Copland. I'm a sucker, frequently and unhappy one, for Lorin Maazel records. I also love Beecham, Klemperer, Bernstein and Szell. And I've recently developed a Celibidache habit.

I guess I want a community of enthusiasts that want to enthusiastically discuss things I'm enthusiastic about. I'd love to run into enthusiasts living in Seattle. (That's where I live.)

Join Here

Post 274

Lifson Kofie

I'm a trombonist/bass trombonist/trumpet player in Eastbourne, England, erostratus. Although we won't be able to jam, we can chat if you like! I can also play baritone horn, but it's my brothers and her gets a bit narked when I try to borrow it!!!

Jump to my personal space to see the (IE only) trombone smiley! I'm also the Muse of Trombonists.

Just thought I'd say hi!

smiley - geekLifson Kofiesmiley - coffee

Join Here

Post 275

Bobert

I play the trumpet for fun and in a brass ensemble. I also play the recorder and bombard for my own amusement. I like most types of music, but am partial to classical and Celtic (especially Irish) music. My favorite composers are Mahler and Gabrielli. I'm not sure what I hope to getfrom the Guild, probably meeting other musicians.

Join Here

Post 276

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello, this is Fragilis -- the creator of the Musicians Guild. I haven't popped by in a long time, and for that I apologize.

I'm sorry to see so much confusion and frustration by people trying to join the Guild. I've written a Journal Entry concerning what's happened. You can read it at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/U150368

Unfortunately, I still don't have time to update the Guild pages. This means all those people trying to join simply can't.

Or rather, they can't until somebody else steps up to do some spring cleaning with the Guild pages.

Anyway, read the journal entry for more information.

Join Here

Post 277

h2g2 Musicians Guild

The Guild is now back on its feet, so would anyone still wanting to join, please drop me a note, either here or on the main Guild page (U150368) and I'll add you to the list and say hello and ramble for a while about nothing in particular. Probably... smiley - smiley

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 278

Brent of Binbin

Hi,
I'm a musicology student, and have tryed my hand (or rather both hands, and sometimes even feet!) at several keyboard instruments, but settled with a passion on the keyboard instruments of the 18th Century. Having gone into musicology, I don't play as much as I used to, but take the odd accompanying gig when I need the money (and hey, did you ever meet a uni student or a musician that didn't need the money?!)
My favourite area of music is the fine line where the Baroque meets the classical, but I also like impressionism, pop and especially minimalism. I joined this goup because I'd like to be able to talk to other musicians and music appreciators.
smiley - smiley

Join Here

Post 279

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi Brent smiley - smiley

Welcome to the Guild! There probably aren't too many people around at the moment, but hopefully things will pick up soon. If you want to add the Guild badge to your user space, the instructions are at A434648 - any problems just let me know smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers

Danny B.

PS. Didn't Thomas Beecham define a musicologist as 'a man who can read music but can't hear it'..? smiley - winkeye

Join Here

Post 280

Magra

I like to join the Musicians Guide too smiley - smiley
I play the flute and since nearly a year tenor sax (So I have still a lot to learn smiley - winkeye) And I sing in a choir, but unfortunatly had never real singing lessons.
As my first instrument is the flute and I played "only" classical music on it I have a lot of favorite composers there. Especially baroque music like Bach, but also music of the 20th century like Debussy, Saint-Saens,...
Then I love jazz. Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, and a lot more. That's one reason why I started to learn saxophon.

About help to maintain this page, I've done ab bit HTML, but never worked witht java, perl, cgi etc. I'm quite new to the Guide, but if there's anything I can do, why not? smiley - smiley Maybe you can tell me, what kind of work this means?

Key: Complain about this post