A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2061

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Perches at a safe height to avoid wing and web interference. Stretches hamstrings, exudes quiet confidence and looks around for hairy trews.

Post 2062

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

"The Matrix" is forever linked to "Dark City" in my mind - I saw Dark City just before the Matrix. They have similar themes, but Dark City is an infinitely better movie. Apart from the special effects, I never saw much good about the Matrix, even less so about the sequels.

Marv, I don't think you and I would ever be able to sit through a movie together. I think David Lynch is brilliant and I enjoy Michael Moore's opinionmentaries (not quite documentaries, are they?). But I do absolutely and thoroughly understand why people don't like or appreciate both of them.
smiley - dog

Post 2063

Bookmouse

Hello Tod (sorry that's a bit belated)

Sympathy to Ag and Solnushka for injuries! Hope you are both recovering now.

*smiley - run back to work*

Post 2064

Teuchter

Are you completely recovered, LP?

Post 2065

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

smiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - peacedovesmiley - spacesmiley - space WA doing press-ups

Post 2066

SE

i will probably be seated a few rows in back of d'e at the movie theater, although at this point watching david lynch movies is more of an "aw, look what he did. how quaint" or "oh, look. he's using ______ again" etc.

Post 2067

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I seem to be one of the few that , in the context of it being a bubblegum pop song for Eurovision, actually find the UK entry quite a jolly and catchy song. In the beginning I didn't like it at all but after a while it started to appear in my mind without thinking and grow on me. It very much reminds me of a song from around five years ago that had words like "I'm your barbey doll" in it, can't remember by who though.
Sadley the company that supplies my printer ink cartridges doesn't do 50 sheet packs of paper, just 20, however with the cheaper ink cartridge and still slightly cheaper 20 pack paper, each A4 print works out at £1.29 each instead of £1.86 each print with stuff bought locally, which at a saving of 57p per print is quite a lot cheaper!

Post 2068

Hypatia

Sending soothing vibes for all burns, scalds, bruises, abrasions, and general boo-boos.

Post 2069

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I think the time has come for a revolt against the outmoded agriculturally based time system. We have electricity...so why do I have to get up now?

Post 2070

Teuchter

Because you're awake? smiley - silly

Sorry - this clean cups vigil is making me flippant.

Post 2071

FG

I thought the first Matrix was great, and after I saw the train wreck that was the sequel I had no desire to see the third installment. Ever. I'm fine with Michael Moore. I thought Fahrenheit 911 was hilarious and I'm looking forward to Sicko. I hate, hate, hate the trite saying "speak truth to power", but that's what Moore does and I thank him for it. As for David Lynch...he's from Missoula so I *want* to like him, but I don't. He can make brilliant "straight" movies; just look at The Elephant Man. Mulholland Drive started out great, and then once that woman started singing on the stage at that little theater...well, I knew it was all going downhill from there. I think he deliberately likes to top himself in the bizarre plot development department each time he makes a movie. I don't feel like there's any reason or any creativity, just a desire to screw with people's heads.

Okay, and Blue Velvet creeps me the heck out.

Post 2072

SE

mother!

Post 2073

Agapanthus

*Gives SE a bemused look*

I have all three Matrix movies on DVD, plus Animatrix. And, while I rather enjoyed Matrix I, I was bored and irritated by all the others. So why do I own them? Gifts. All four DVDs. Because people think I like SF. They're completely wrong. I LOVE SF. Which is why pants SF makes me so darn grouchy. How dare these brainless Messiah-complicated anti-froods mess up the image of SF even further by being so pathetically illogical? And, also, casting Keanu Reeves? Urgh. Also, ick. And yawn. The idea that Reeves was saving the world, ooh, hives. Hives all over. Don't want world anymore now, thank you.

Anyway.

It's my day off, and I am very tired and slightly over-caffeinated, and am therefore all rambly and ungrammatical, also S is out tonight so I am spending something like 24 hours without talking to a fellow human being and, well, sorry. Can't shut up.

Post 2074

Teuchter

*joins Ag in the day off, tired and slightly over-caffeinated corner

I haven't been able to do much today because these joints are still giving me aitch-ee-double-ell.
Did, however, manage to get an urgent repeat prescription for my meds so my wrists should continue to deflate themselves.
It looks like I will have to get my wedding ring cut off. My fingers look like unsavoury sausage things and the ring is cutting in. Hopefully I can get them to stretch the ring and mend it. It's been on that finger for nearly 30 years and I don't really want a new one.

Post 2075

Teuchter

*feels guilty and goes to untie Zomnker's shoelaces smiley - blush

Post 2076

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Just took a photo of myself trying out the flash bracketing on my new camera. A minute later it was direct printed to A4 and on my wall, I am finding all the immediateness of it all a little bizzar and strange, and a little scarey in a way. You can even put a cable on my camera and get photos as you take them displayed on my TV, all very strange!

Post 2077

Spaceechik, Typomancer

After all that talking of the "Are You Evil?" test, and you're undoing all your bad work?! smiley - winkeye

Matrix I I liked for it's newness; and since I rarely believe any story requires a sequel, never saw the other two -- why? Point was made in Matrix the first.

RE, Michael Moore -- I like him in small doses. I believe we *need* people like him, and like Al Gore, and anyone else who keeps the PTB's feet to the fire. Free speech, freedom of expression, but a little less disingenousness, please; it would be more refreshing. Some of Moore's fans bug me more than he ever will in that regard, gotta say -- his films are not gospel, nor are they meant to be. I have enjoyed his books a lot, though. "Stupid Men", anyone?

*glances in cup and notices it could do with a cleaning...*

Post 2078

Peripatetic Warrior Monk

heads for the caffeinated and slightly jumpy corner, slumps into a large and quite squishy but yet marvellously anatomically supportive sofa, then looks in interest at bits of spaghetti festooned around the atelier, opens mouth to say something, then doesnt.

I havent seen a film for donkeys years well, since Feb anyway. Looking forward to enjoying Shirk eye eye eye with the Monklets - when is it out in the UK - any ideas?

Ah, interesting, anyone know the etymology of Donkeys years as a euphemism for a long period of time. I will swap you a plausible and recognised explanation of 'freeze the balls off a brass monkey' for a 'Donkeys years'. And indeed any other explanations of sayings.

Teuchter, how about a translation of Oor Wullies auld fave - Jings Crivens?

Post 2079

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*blinks in puzzlement* What?

Mol doesn't seem to be about, so I'm halfway through going through the backlogs, writing up the reprise. But the rest of the day is not mine to dispose of, so please relax, everyone. New thread will, it is hoped, be up by teatime in London tomorrow.

*grabs the to-do list's leash and bids it to heel, then heads out to do errands*

Post 2080

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Teatime in London is what 0700 in Utah?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more