A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Welcome to the Atelier! If this is your first peek in, do please check our forum page at A304354. Not only will you learn a lot about who and what we are, but you'll find further offsite links to illustrations, backstory and floorplan.

We had no scribe for this thread, so we will fall back on Plan B and ask salonistas to provide a favorite reminiscence about the last conversation, after they get their breath back from racing here. Your hostess apologises for not having kept her own notes during this period, but she had passages of time during which she was grateful merely to be able to keep up with the backlog. I am always grateful to those who attend and participate in what must by now be the longest running conversation at the BBC.

There is certainly one thing that we can all agree gets a special accolade: Kelli gave birth to Eldest Spud! Our first baby. The CLI bots are at work constructing a nursery adjacent to the conservatory. The entire atelier extends its congratulations to Kelli on her achievement and new family member.

*A group of bots come in wearing costumes and proceed to perform a morris dance in honor of Kelli's baby, the Spring Equinox, and to give Matina and Chloe some time to finish cleaning up the salon. When they finish, they file off, bells tinkling, and head down the stairs to practise on the lawn*

And now we are ready to receive you once again, salonistas and newcomers. There are fresh-baked cinnamon buns, coffee and tea always at the ready, and if you ask Matina the kitchen bot nicely, you can probably get what you need, if not what you want.
smiley - tea
Please make yourselves at home.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

I subscribed to the last conversation, but after about 40 postings I had totally lost track of what it was about, so I unsubscribed. But I'm here now and listening.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Agapanthus

*Bursts into the Salon, looking dishevelled*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Is this I'm-no-longer-knocked-up-I'm-just-fat Kelli?


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 5

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Matina brings Gnomon an Irish coffee in a First-to-the-Forum mug*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

Lady Chattingly

Did I make the first page? smiley - run


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Witty Moniker

*Trips over Gnomon and Ag.*

smiley - sorry


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Ah ha there you all are smiley - peacedove


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 9

Witty Moniker

*Leaps over Lady C.*

smiley - boing


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

*Curls up by the fire and sips Irish coffee*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

Bagpuss

*climbs onto an overstuffed chair*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

marvthegrate LtG KEA


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Rocket skates splutter into life, too late it seems, and Mr. D is sent careering into the wall.*

smiley - bruised

I think I need a smiley - stiffdrink.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Well, I made the first LED at least


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Mr D, you'll probably get the desired affect if I breathe on you.

smiley - ale


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

nicki

*wanders in after a very long absence*


*sits quietly in the corner waiting for someone to notice*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

For the life of me, I couldn't recollect who was new in the last thread and who had drifted forward from the previous one. Welcome back Gnomon! Was 8B hayayfi's first?


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Waves to Little Miss Nicky*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I guess I should mention that things are falling into place rather nicely for the new job. Just got off the phone with a child care provider who can take my kids to school. This is a huge thing because during my training, I have to be to work at 0600.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Why little miss nicky, you'll have to do better than that if you want to hide. smiley - smiley Have long have you been away?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more