A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 61

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Same timezone as lil, and I've yet to even *almost* make the first LED *mutter*

But I'm pretty sure I've avoided the Seuss Pants, at least.

*refills the mufflewhump basket*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 62

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Do I get the blue furry Cookie Monster pants? (On me, they'd be Cookie Monster pants. On somebody else, maybe Grover pants. But definitely some sort of Muppet.)

What's that sheep doing there? Oh, hello, hayayfi! smiley - winkeye

Remembrances from the previous thread? We got off on a tangent about stinky people for a while...

I used to spend a lot of time at the Bull and Bush, as it was near to my home and if we were too drunk to drive, we could walk (although we never did.) It's an authentic English pub, run by a guy named Nick from England. No telly, a big bar and lots of beer, and no stools in front of the bar, so everybody stands up. Which is the way it should be - with a stool, there's a lot less energy. And darts in the back. I painted the mural below the bar top - last time I checked it was still there. I need to repaint it, actually - it's been ten years since I put it there.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 63

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
[B4 wanders in, realizes he’s still got his work boots on, turns back to the Foyer, takes them off and stows them neatly. He pulls a set of moccasins from under a table, slips them on, and enters without making a sound.]

I’m not trying to sneak in without being noticed, just to avoid those horrid blue pants. I know there’ll be someone even later than me to show up later in the thread.
smiley - biggrin
Goodness, that coffee smells wonderful. Just what I need before I take off to head home. [He helps himself to a serving from the samovar, adds cream and sugar, then stirs and swirls the mocha mixture.] I’ll need to stay awake on the trip along those windy curves around the Missouri bottom river. Even though it’s later than usual I’m leaving work (pre-Outage prep), I still want to swing by WallyWorld and pick up a copy of Eragon in widescreen. I missed its run in the theaters and don’t want to completely ~not know~ what quality dragon flick it is. Looks good from the previews, and my eldest Son lent me Book 1 and Book 2; just haven’t had time to dive in to enjoy the writing. Like so many folks today, I often find myself catching a good story only after it’s been transformed into a screen version.
smiley - lighthouse
You folks know I’m not much longer for being on this thread, right? [He sips languorously on his java, then blows the steam off the top as he pulls the cup back down.] Next week will be nigh on to impossible for me to keep up with y’all, and the whole of April is going to be a complete dearth. Save me a spot near the end of this thread, or at the beginning of the next. I’ll be back after I’ve slept off the Nuclear Industrial Power Plant Refuel Syndrome. NIPPRS is a combination of sleep-deprivation, adrenalin plateaus, inconsistent diet, and emotional politics. I’ll try to explain in greater detail some day, but anyone who’s worked for a large organization facing a short deadline to complete a task could probably tell you.
smiley - winkeye
B4ispend2muchtimewriting&notenoughtimedoingwhatisaid…


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 64

hayayfi

Okay I know I live in the bush but I am not sure why I look like a sheepsmiley - erm

Unless of course it's cause I am warm, friendly, gentle, harmless, provide comfort from the cold, like the outdoors, okay getting nervous now why are people pulling out the BBQ and the mint jellysmiley - run


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 65

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Hayayfi, weren't you looking sheepish earlier? smiley - sheep


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 66

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 67

hayayfi

looking even more sheepish now smiley - blush


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 68

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Good night all.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 69

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Best late-night drinking memories were some outdoor bar in Corfu that certainly doesn't exist any more, seeing as the Corfiot commercial class are in the habit of burning down the competition if it gets too successful. But those warm indigo nights ... *falls into nostalgic trance*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 70

Spaceechik, Typomancer

*skids in and realizes everyone is staring...*

Sorry, thought it wouldn't be until Friday!

There wouldn't happen to be some lovely Lemon Ginger Tea, would there, to stave off lurgy germs? I spent the day around a *lot* of sick people!


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 71

Spaceechik, Typomancer

*gratefully accepts cup of smiley - tea from Matina, heroically keeping eyes off the lovely cinnamon rolls on the tray*

Thank you, Matina, you're a lifesaver -- I need this desperately! smiley - smiley

I went in to the hospital for my two month visit for the fish oil study I'm in, and wandered out over 7 *hours* later -- for what should have been a 3 hour visit; with added Holter monitor. I'll have to go back in the morning to return it, which I hadn't planned on doing. Please, remind me never to volunteer again. smiley - erm

smiley - tea

Good to see you, Gnomon, and Little Miss Nicky! And I'm sorry to hear that you'll be scarce, B4, but smiley - goodluck on your refueling. smiley - smiley

smiley - angel

Kelli, I'm tickled to hear of Toby's smiley - magic gummy smiles! There's nothing so sweet as a baby's smile.

*settles back on cushion with a sigh* Last thread, I enjoyed hearing about all the library goings on. I spent some time in my local today, and they were so helpful; I smiley - love libraries, and librarians!


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 72

nicki

[LMN]

Hello all!


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 73

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*rushes in and curls up in the corner in foetal position*


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 74

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

[RNick - sipping an early-morning smiley - coffee]


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 75

Teuchter

* looks at David with concern - and places warm blanket over him


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 76

Phil

Everything OK David?

Kelli, enjoy the gummy smiles while you can, there'll soon be teeth there to take your fingertips off!

Best bar/pub...that's hard. Sitting on the roof terrace at the camel bar in Na'ama bay Egypt. Drinking with friends in all sorts of little boozers in Nodnol. Listening to live music and drinking real ale at various festival bars (or more locally at the Globe, Glossop). Pubs that do great food, I've not yet found one that does as good a burger as the Algiers, Baltimore (that's Baltimore Ireland, not Baltimore, MD), or at the Lantern Pike in Little Hayfield. And of course there is more...


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 77

Gnomon - time to move on

Sorry for being a bit distracted at the moment. My head is full of charts, distances, possibilities ... I'm planning our holiday in Greece. While most people pay someone else to ferry them to a place beside a pool, I believe in seeing the sights along the way, so I'm trying to find somewhere on the east coast of mainland Greece about one third of the way between Athens airport and Volos to spend two nights, one at the start of the holiday and one at the end. The job is not made easier by the fact that Greek town names can be spelled in many different ways.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 78

hayayfi

The best place I have had a drink hmmmm that's hard its a toss up between three places a small resturant built inside a cave on the Adriatic coast near a place Called Sveti Stepvan best red wine I've ever had,smiley - magic then there is a place on the Zambezei river in Zambia that was just magnificent for wildlife as the sun went down and made a really good rum and coke smiley - ok and lastly the Jockey club in Singapore best gin sling and the greatest jazz musicians you could ever hope to hearsmiley - cheers ooh that reminds me of a place in louisiana that also had good music and deep fried alligator too smiley - cool

smiley - yikes makes me sound like a lush doesn't it


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 79

Sol

Back from Margate. It was freezing. Very windy and it kept hailing. The Landlady of the amusingly bear themed B and B kept giving B, the Russian, significant looks and talking about winds from Siberia.

Still, the waves were impressive and our room had such a splendid view of the bay that we didn't, technically, need to go out at all.


8CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 80

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Mornin All smiley - biggrin

Late in to work today as we had to get the smiley - dog dressings changed. He looks like a right ninny with his lampshade, but it's doing the trick.

Waves to new and returning Salonistas


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more