A Conversation for The Café

Aroma Cafe: Under New Architecture

Post 281

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It's just gone midnight, and I'm heading back. Got another long walk, since there's notrail yet and the tunnel is blocked. Tomorrow I am going to make a trail when I'm not cooking. Lintilla, curry at the atelier tomorrow, don't forget. Goodnight y'all.

Post 282

Lintilla

Thanks Lil, don't worry the path will be there soon !
I'll try and make the atelier, I have a date with the civil war tomarrow afternoon, but i'll try to at least stop in real quick.
Bye!smiley - smiley

Post 283

Lintilla

Woah, just forgot my name there a sec. but I see my screen has reminded me it's Lintilla (that strange little feature will never cease to amaze me)smiley - smiley

I should really be off for the night. Perhaps I will learn about I Ching another time.

See you all soon!
Bye!
*jingle/jangle*

Post 284

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Sigh. l'm sorry if l've been rude tonight. l've had the worst time getting this page to load. Didn't mean to snub anyone, if l did.

lt's just too frustrating to work, so l'm offlining for the night. l'll be in tomorrow, server-willing. Have a pleasant evening/morning, all.

*knocks back her very cold tea in a toast-like-fashion*
To better days...

*rinses cup, replaces it, and is out the door*

Post 285

Bluebottle

Rinses cup! Rinses cup! Demarkation! I do the washing up!

*Washes up, and puts the v/_\3 on*
Don't let me catch you trying to steal my job again!

Post 286

Witty Moniker

*leans in, looks around*

Okay, no italics around. Should be a nice, quiet morning. *not that the food fight wasn't loads of fun*

Hi, Ook!

Ook: Ook.

IIEM: Kona, black, and an Ook special, please.

*Ook climbs down from the rafters and claims his meal*

*WM takes a seat near the window*

Post 287

Witty Moniker

*finishes coffee, places cup on counter, does not rinse it*

Be back later.

Post 288

ox

G'day, Bluebottle, is that fresh tea? Looks like everyone else has stepped out or as yet not stepped in...

Post 289

*comes in through back porch*
*puts machete under counter after dropping a small pile of wooden arrows on the floor inside the back porch door*
*peeks in main area*

Quiet morning for a change!
*pops down to washroom to clean up after woodland exertions* Ho! I forgot to tell you to stop. OK bot, good job with the repainting and all. Back up to the broom closet with you.

A L Special for me, IIEM. *fetches today's papers in and puts them on counter*

Post 290

Cheezdanish, Slacker Princess

*jingle jing...*

*yawns*

Mownin' all. I am in serious need of caffene today. My fiance (whom I'm trying to convince to put up a page here on h2g2) has a tummy thing and can't drink coffee. So I feel guilty drinking coffee in front of him. So I don't. So I'm sleepy.

Lil, a triple, no, quad espresso with whipped cream, caramel and chocolate sprinkly things, please.

*yawns, and curls up on the purple velvet couch with a copy of "Atlas Shrugged"*

Post 291

Afgncaap5

*Teleports in*

Hello, all. Here I go, trying to keep this forum in my "top ten".

*Gets a Usual from the IIEM*

Post 292

Demon Drawer

Hi CD the reading, in response to last nights question was strangely good, spooky and correct in different ways. smiley - smiley

Post 293

Garius Lupus

*Walks in, looks around*

Oh, there you are, Lil. Here's a little device that will allow you to pass through the force field. Affy and I both have them. The shield should be coming down soon, anyway.

*hands Lil something that looks like a small coin.*

Post 294

Thanks!

Did everybody get their orders from the IIEM? Affi, please don't hope for me to do your usual. That's a ballet, not a drink order.

I established a trail this morning, and roped wooden arrows onto tree trunks so that I keep to the same path. I had to cut some branches, but I took all the little growth and laid the branches along the path. So it's pretty easy to tell where to go. Soon the moss will give way where we tread and the path will "take".

I booked my Amtrak trip this morning! Complete with sleepers! Going from Orlando to Albuquerque via Philadelphia and Chicago.

Post 295

Afgncaap5

Don't worry, Lil. I've not asked an actual person to make the Usual for a long time. Unless you count W2, that is.smiley - smiley But for all we know, he won't exist by the time I ask him.

Post 296

ox

*waves from the back of the Cafe*

Guess I never left this morning! Lil, sounds like you're in for a long ride. Are you excited to go?

Post 297

I'm really excited. I haven't been in train sleepers since I was 10. It will be SO COOL to watch the scenery go by with my laptop in front of me. I expect to get not much done at all. smiley - smiley

*puts water on to boil for green tea*
Lakeland-Orlando by coach, then overnight to Philadelphia. A couple of hours there followed by an overnight to Chicago. half the day in Chicago, then overnight to Albuquerque. Then I rent a car and wander, and end up in the town of Lincoln on Friday. And so it goes. A very big trip. With business to conduct at the end!

Post 298

Demon Drawer

Sounds cool but then I've done most of Europe. smiley - smiley

Post 299

I would love to do Europe by train. There is still an Oriental Express is there not?

Shall I make your regular tea while I've got water on?

Post 300

ox

Hi, DD! Lil, that sounds more like an adventure! I haven't traveled in a long time but I enjoy hearing about trips from other folk. Hope you'll be able to keep us all posted as you go along...

RL is getting hard to put off so I must hurry away. Hope to chat again before you go!

*jing*

Key: Complain about this post