A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1741

eloisa

Coats for dogs. How cruel are they?

Some of them are even in burberry. So you've got this dog thinking, 'it's bad enough you cut my knackers off but now you have to dress me like a pillock.'

Petty Hates

Post 1742

rockCHRILL

But if burbury is banned at least crimes against fashion will stop........until the chav army find another amussing way of dressing........maybe pink tootoos.....

Petty Hates

Post 1743

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

Last night on the radio I heard you can get now get specs for dogs - called doggles, I think is my new pet love.........smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 1744

Researcher 185550

smiley - biggrin

That's asking for a photoshop job that is...

Petty Hates

Post 1745

Researcher 185550

http://www12.brinkster.com/whodaman/hooligans.JPG

Those are leotards not tutus but there we go.

Petty Hates

Post 1746

warhead

Petty Hate No. (..... I don't bloody know what number, so pick one) when people phone me and say, 'Can I ask you a quick question?' I always want to say, 'No!!!!' and hang up. Why don't they just go straight ahead and ask the actual question?

Petty Hate No. (see above, +1).... when people e-mail me, or post in a forum with the subject 'Question,' which is a petty hate for much the same reasons as the previous petty hate (qv).

I'm on a roll now, Petty Hate (+1 more than the last one ....) when people start a thread in a forum with an incomplete subject so you have to open the damn thread to find out that it's something you're not interested in.

Petty Hate (next) when people phone me, or start a face-to-face conversation with just the word 'Question.'

Hell's teeth, I'm becoming so intolerant ..... which reminds me of another one, and I think I'll get some sympathetic nods here ... the use of the word 'SO' all the time .... actually, I bet that one's been complained about before.

I think I'd better stop for a while until my blood pressure drops to a safe level.

Petty Hates

Post 1747

The Groob

The English language is gradually evolving into one sentence you know?....

I was like soooooooooooooooooooo whatever!

Petty Hates

Post 1748

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

people who say you know at the end of every sentence
its, like, so annoying, you know

Petty Hates

Post 1749

Watermusic

Absolutely!! is the one that gets my goat.

Petty Hates

Post 1750

AlexoOo

Well, you can have my goat, it ate the washing last week!

Petty Hates

Post 1751

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I hate that too, I have an acquaintance who ends every sentence with "you know what I mean?" AAAAAAAAAGH!

Petty hates? People who suck their teeth or slurp soup. It makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

Petty Hates

Post 1752

eloisa

What about like.

It's like you know like and he was all like...................................................................................................................sob.

Petty Hates

Post 1753

rockCHRILL

I hate people who call you at home and say, "Where are you??".......Im down the pub, where did you think i was???? Stupid fools...

Petty Hates

Post 1754

HonestIago

I think I read or heard somewhere that saying 'like' or 'you know what I mean?' is a symptom of either lack of confidence, you want to see that people are still listening because you're afraid they might not be, or dominance, you are maikng *sure* people are still listening because you're the boss and they damn well should! I think I tend to fall into the former when I meet new people as I am a bit shy so sorry if it annoys you all too much
*timid smiley* Iago

Petty Hates

Post 1755

dasilva

In Birmingham people usually tail off with "so......"

Ah well...petty hates. Myself smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 1756

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

my cousin ends all of her sntences hetting higher in pitch its pretty grating but i wouldnt have her any other way lol

hmm that sounded wierd

Petty Hates

Post 1757

Researcher 185550

...and this one time? At band camp?

Petty Hates

Post 1758

AlexoOo

You did WHAT with your flute?

Petty hates, petty hates errrr, errrrrrm, oh yeah.

People who clear their throat noisily every 5 minutes. They haven't got a cough, they just want to be irritating.

Petty Hates

Post 1759

eloisa

Complete strangers calling me 'love'.

Do I know you? No, then bog off.

Petty Hates

Post 1760

Musashi Himura, the ronin returns, is happy to be back

i hate that too love

smiley - tongueout

peopel who see some one say something then take the oppertunity to use it as a joke

Key: Complain about this post