A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 4001

eloisa

And is easier to spell than 'euthanised'!

Petty Hates

Post 4002

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

No it doesn't. Mercy killing is mercy killing, and I would have it referred to as such.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4003

Euthanised is fine too.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4004

toybox

Ah, but you said only 'killing', not 'mercy killing' smiley - tongueout

smiley - coffee

Cutting the credits in the end of a movie in the cinema. Or, when credits are shown, everybody getting up and starting to talk and whatnot without moving first away from the couple of weirdos who actually do like credits.

Come to it, I don't like that newish trend on TV to squeeze the credits in half the screen while the other half is used (together with an irritating voice-over) for the upcoming programmes either.

Petty Hates

Post 4005

Tumsup

People who post non sequiturs in threads just so they can tell a joke.

I took my dog to the vet to have him put down but she kept complimenting him saying things like "Oh, 'e looks pretty good for someone with bowel cancer."

Petty Hates

Post 4006

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

My iPod- damn thing won't sync.

Petty Hates

Post 4007

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

evil food shops selling food that lays me in bed for three days smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 4008

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

<>

But can it swym?

I'll get me coat...

Petty Hates

Post 4009

That's how you spell it. It's short for synchronise.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4010

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Mr Dreadful.... that was fabulous, made me LOL

Petty Hate today: Concussion and having no food in the house really. I need chocolate!

Petty Hates

Post 4011

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

<>

Yes, I know. smiley - rolleyes

Petty Hates

Post 4012

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

I've not tried it in water, no... but I can swym! LOL, loved your joke.

Petty Hates

Post 4013

HonestIago

Leeds station. Not only is it needlessly huge, with one platform starting three-quarters of the way along another one, so you miss your train, it was announced yesterday that it's a deathtrap

I miss Manchester Picadilly.

Petty Hates

Post 4014

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

<>

That is annoying. Almost as annoying as DJs who talk over the beginnings and ends of tracks (which is almost all of them).

Petty Hates

Post 4015

Cheerful Dragon

Also, DJs who talk over the instrumental bit you sometimes get in the middle of a track.smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 4016

The Groob

"irritating voice-over"

I can't stand the voice-over/continuity (or whatever you call them) people who talk with a fake smile in their tone of voice.

Petty Hates

Post 4017

HonestIago

Sweetcorn sellers in public places. The smell just makes me want to vomit smiley - ill

Petty Hates

Post 4018

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

eh? I can honestly say I've never been sold sweetcorn, well, except in tins or on the cob, raw and not smelling...

... Am I missing something?

Petty Hates

Post 4019

HonestIago

It's quite new development as far as I can tell. In fairness I only know of two people doing it, but both are in places that I have to go to quite often.

Petty Hates

Post 4020

Tumsup

Funny how different people get different reactions to things. We grew sweet corn when I was a kid. (not for sale, it wasn't work) To this day, the smell is like...I don't know, it just brings a rush of the most pleasant feelings.smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more