A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 4021

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I like corn on the cob but twhen it gets mushed for fritters or soups, bleugh smiley - ill

Petty Hates

Post 4022

HonestIago

I don't mind corn usually - I'll never go out of my way to eat it, but I won't throw something away because it has corn in it either. But this stuff just smells foul.

Petty Hates

Post 4023

Tumsup

-. But this stuff just smells foul.-

I think the smell comes from the raw sugar in it. You get the same thing from the stalks chopped up for the cows. Whewww.

There is a tasty cure for it. Some butter in a pan, medium heat, toss it around untill the sugar caramelizes. Some onions and potatoes, maybe sweet pepper. MMMMMMmmm! If you're a carnivore, some chunks of ham doesn't hurt.

Sorry, haven't had my breakfast yet, I'll stop now.smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 4024

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Is sweet corn another name for cream corn?

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4025

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I call corn (usually yellow nibs on a cob, or just the nibs if tinned) sweetcorn, I believe that's the standard name in th UK. doesn't it have to be processed to be 'creamed' corn?

Petty Hates

Post 4026

Smashed, I believe.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4027

eloisa

I'd go for sweetcorn or corn-on-the-cob, corn is something else entirely!

Petty Hates

Post 4028

Tumsup

Corn chowder with a base of Westphalia ham and caramelized onions. A dab of chili paste to make your eyes water and some fresh baked bread thick with butter to eat it with.smiley - angel I'll fly away; I'm in heaven>

Petty Hates

Post 4029

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Getting drunk is fun. It's the morning after the night before I find rough! (I have a hangover).

Petty Hates

Post 4030

Cheerful Dragon

Right now I have a deep dislike of people who deliver free newspapers and other forms of junk. Postmen/women are trained to push letters right the way through the letter box. There's one person who delivers a free newspaper who regularly does that, too. Everybody else just pushes stuff halfway through and walks away. It's not so bad in the summer, when the weather is nice and warm. In the winter, though, I don't like paying to heat the outside world.smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 4031

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Men with manflu is my hate for today!

My brother has it and you'd think he was dying of bubonic (sp?) plague!!! He's sneezed a few times and is blowing his nose a lot but he's not exactly dying.... although from the fuss, you'd think otherwise.

Petty Hates

Post 4032

The Groob

The term "manflu"

I hate it when ewif says "You have manflu". Nobody else can tell me how bad or good I feel. If I feel awful (and I'm the person in the best position to judge, right?) then I feel awful and someone saying "If I had what you've got I'd still be going to work" won't make any difference!

Petty Hates

Post 4033

What's manflu?

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4034

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Its true Groob, only you know how bad you feel which is fair enough.

Im talking about full blown manflu..... when a guy has a runny nose and some sneezing and carries on like its the plague and they're dying and suddenly the world must come to a stop and pamper them.
When I have a cold (which is what my brother currently has) the dishes still need washing, the animals need feeding, chores doing, etc, etc etc and no one falls over themselves to do everything and pamper me so I have to get on with it. If I carried on like he is, there'd be a riot, the animals would eat each other and the house would be nose deep in rubbish because he'd never do it.

So yeah, manflu = a mans complete inability to function without moaning and whining just because they sneezed and had a runny nose.

Petty Hates

Post 4035

Also another symptom of manflu..... asking whats best to do about it, being told and then completely ignoring the advice you've been given and doing the exact opposite and then complaining you feel even worse!!

No sympathy Im afraid, if you feel tired and groggy, take something, wrap up warm and go to bed and sleep a lot if you can, dont bitch and moan and then go out on the p**s in a thin shirt and then come back and complain that you feel worse!

I wouldnt be any more sympathetic if you asked me what a circular saw does and then put your hand in it and removed a limb for example!!

Petty Hates

Post 4036

Commercials that don't actually tell you anything.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 4037

Tumsup

Commercials that say "Even though all that's happening is that you're getting a little older, you should be dissatisfied. Now go to your doctor and get him to prescribe this expensive pill that were flogging"

smiley - ill..not

Petty Hates

Post 4038

Cheerful Dragon

Shopping centres / malls / 'retail parks' that provide 'adaptations' for the disabled because they have to, but don't think the job through so the 'adaptations' aren't much use. For example, dropped kerbs so wheelchair users can cross the road / car park, but there's no marked crossing point so you can get across the car park or cross the road easily. Sometimes the dropped kerb lines up with a parking space so you can't actually get into the area you want to get to. I was at Solihull Retail Park on Sunday and the way it's laid out they obviously expect people to drive from one part to another, rather than walk. To make matters worse, one shop (Comet) decided that people with children have more difficulty getting to and from the shop than disabled people do, 'cos they put the 'parent and child' parking spaces closer to the store entrance than the 'disabled' spaces.

And don't get me started on able-bodied people who think it's OK to use a 'disabled' parking space. smiley - crosssmiley - steamsmiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 4039

Tumsup

My favorite sign on disabled parking spot. (at a biker clubhouse)

"If you weren't crippled when you parked here, you will be before you leave."

smiley - injured

Petty Hates

Post 4040

eloisa

Rich, posh buggers who don't feel the need to exercise simple common courtesy. Nanny obviously didn't slap their legs often enough!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more