A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Stiff upper lip chaps!

Post 81

Himble

I'm from England. As everybody should be!!!!!

Where are our researchers from?

Post 82

Researcher 93445

Lots of small towns fading away these days, I fear. A general problem with farming communities, at least in the USA.

Post 83

Mike A (snowblind)

Now that's a new one.

Don't suppose there are any other places called Plymouth?

Stiff upper lip chaps!

Post 84

Ginger The Feisty

I was born in Southampton Uk, have lived in Winchester and Manchester and now reside in Gloucester. But I'm moving to Bristol soon!

Post 85

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

Sorry, I do know how to pronounce Auchencloigh.

I rather like Gigha myself.

Stiff upper lip chaps!

Post 86

Nick O`Teen

Well, I think that's two Canadians so far, including myself.

Stiff upper lip chaps!

Post 87

Nick O`Teen

...and one of them's moving to South Africa. smiley - sadface

Stiff upper lip chaps!

Post 88

ICU2

Lots of Americans. Lots of Australians.
...I guess the Ayes have it!!

ICU2

Stiff upper lip chaps!

Post 89

bubster

Plus, lots of folk from Angleterre...

Post 90

Anonymouse

With the current rate that farmers are going bankrupt and the land going to housing development firms I fear it won't be all that long til we'll have plenty of places for people to live, but nothing with which to feed them.

Stiff upper lip chaps!

Post 91

Contemplation (Zaphodista in a Cloak of Goo)

Cheer up, Nic,... It just mean that you have to get more of your friends to sign on here... Either that, or convince Canada to finally take over Maine... I hear the northern half is still looking to go solo...

Emp

Post 92

Elfmaydn

I'm ringing in from Manchester....
That's in NEW Hampshire in NEW England... USA
smiley - smiley

Post 93

Hey! Another Northerner! Great... I think that is the furthest north yet!

Post 94

heathen

I wouldn't be so sure - I 'm convinced that Vancouver, Canada is further North than anywhere in New England... And co-incidentally I checked and the other Canadian on here is also from Vancouver, which I guess makes it the coolest city in Canada. Either that or somebody forgot to turn off the Improbability Drive again...

Post 95

Clarification: Continental United States.

Better?

Contemplation/96169/Emp

Post 96

E'dalethni II

I'm from Golden, Colorado, USA, the home of Colorado School of Mines' engineers and Coor's Beer. Capital of the territory of Colorado. (although, the territroy no longer exists.)

However, I only lived there for three years. I plan to go back someday. I was born in Price, Utah, and moved to Grand Junction, Colorado, on the other side of the Rochy Mountains from Golden, shortly thereafter.

I now reside in the great Mojave Desert just about two hours away from DNA's current location. I'm on Edwards Air Force Base which happens to be in the middle of everywhere (ie LA, San Fran, Las Vegas, Sea World, Mexico, Legoland, Disnyland, etc). Unfortunately, it's two hours away from any of it.

Post 97

heathen

Ah... Much better (grins)

Post 98

heathen

Ah... Much better (grins)

Post 99

Nick O`Teen

Well, most of us are from Manitoba, but when the mosquitos there attack, you just run and run and run. If you run west, you eventually hit the coast (Vancouver). If you run east, you eventually get hit by a car (Toronto). Either way, you settle in for a long stay. smiley - smiley

Post 100

Nick O`Teen

I should add that, if you run north, the federal government forgets you exist, and if you run south, you end up making a lot more money. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post