A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where are our researchers from?

Post 141

Mike A (snowblind)

Bristol is in the county of Avon, in the SW of England. Not far from Wales.

Bristol has the Clifton Suspension bridge, which you used to be able to bungee jump off. It has a nice university, Cribbs Causeway shopping centre, the rather beutiful downs and the river Severn, complete with two suspension bridges.

Get that Andy bloke to give you more details.

Post 142

Sqweelygig

Hey me too, I live in the title city of durham and hey it's even windyer in cornwall, trust me I've been there.

Post 143

Peta

Made me laugh out loud! You people are totally crazy but LOL! smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Post 144

Vakuum

Oh, it's ok.. I just wondered if Bristol have anything else that can be compared to not having ice bears in the streets... smiley - smiley
Bungee jumping is possible here aswell.... not that I ever would try it!

Post 145

Mike A (snowblind)

Bungee jumping into ice bears...knot knice.

Post 146

xava

We don't have polar bears in Argentina either, but we sure have some great beef! Besides cows being generally safer and better tasting than bears, if they get to the streets, they'll sure end up in the grill... smiley - winkeye

For ffmike, who's keeping score, you may jot 1 argie (thou lived the first half of my life in .bo, .cl, .sv & .uy -alphabetically- and currently in .fr; and having basque, spanish and belgian ancestry, and as far as I know some native... complicated, uh? smiley - smiley)

Post 147

Vakuum

I never tried a grilled bear..... Actually I never tried eating bear at all. I have eaten whale, though.

Post 148

Technoyokel (muse of poetry)

I live in Wales, am originally from England and am a vegetarian dry stone waller (ie. work for farmers - just don't tell them). Is this allowed?

Post 149

Researcher 93445

I shall note you down as the first Argentinian to answer the survey when I next post the results. Meanwhile, there's only one thing puzzling me: with that mix, part of you is native WHAT? smiley - smiley

Post 150

xava

Technically you could say something pc like 'native american' since there's a branch in the tree that allegedgly (sp?) traces back to them. But as far as I'm concerned, or in other words, a line that has been around enough time on the land to make them local/native instead of 2nd/3rd generation immigrants... but then again, all this is just blah, blah... people are people, and their ancestry is just the excuse for our defects (I'm half basque, so I can afford to be very stubborn... smiley - winkeye)

Post 151

Vakuum

Well, you know until you've tried, and then it's probably too late

Post 152

Vakuum

To be a vegetarian or to be a dry stone waller??
I don't have much experience with stone wallers, but vegetarians are ok smiley - smiley

Post 153

Bruce

I had reindeer in Stockholm once - yummy grilled Rudolf smiley - winkeye

;^)#

Post 154

Vakuum

I like raindeer too.... I doubt it was Rudolf in personal, but that only made it bit easier to eat. Eating santa's Rudolf would be quite immoral.
Did they serve you "smalahove" aswell? (Then you get half of a sheeps head on a plate... with eyes and all.)

Post 155

Mike A (snowblind)

Anyone tried eating kangaroo (cooked)?

It tastes icky.

Post 156

Bruce

I missed out on the "smalahove" - does it taste better than it sounds?

And properly cooked 'roo tastes yummy -its a fairly mild game meat.

So that's Rudolf, Skippy & Bambi that I've eaten - I don't think I'll adding Mickey to the list though smiley - winkeye

;^)#

Post 157

Frizzychick

Spent most of life in Crewe, now in Dover (both UK) - seem to gravitate to dire holes where nobody actually goes to unless they are going somewhere else straight away smiley - smiley .

Post 158

Mike A (snowblind)

Well my properly cooked 'roo tasted rather icky. I can't remember how or why as it was 3 years ago. I am going back to Oz next year though so I should be able to have another go at it if I'm reasonably lucky.

My what a long string of 2 letter words!

Post 159

Woodpigeon

Count me in!

I'm originally from Kilkenny (yes, where the beer comes from), but I am now living in Cork, Ireland.

See? There are a few Irish researchers here after all.... smiley - smiley

Post 160

Bondurant

I have been in Leicester for too bleedin long

Key: Complain about this post