A Conversation for The Mother of All Gooses

Row Row Lake

Post 201

Wee Awl

*If the revellers happened to glance into the water, they would see deep below, a long yellow shape gliding silently towards the area with the fairies.

For a brief moment, newspaper taxis appear on the shore, but then, realizing their mistake, speed off.*


Row Row Lake

Post 202

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*leaps up and down on a stepping stone*

Look! *points* It's that periscope thing.

*eats more smiley - popcorn*


Row Row Lake

Post 203

Buttercup the Pantomime Cow

*Buttercup rolls over and stands up in the shallows at the edge of the lake*

[Back]: Did you see that?
[Front]: What? Where?
[Back]: Over by the fairies. smiley - spacesmiley - musicalnote Wee Awl live in a yellow submarine...


Row Row Lake

Post 204

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - laugh
What a set-up for that line! Oh, my. Yes, that was worth the wait...
smiley - laugh
I simply must have the soundtrack from this production. (turns to Lil) Will they be selling this in the Lobby after the show?
B4
smiley - biggrin


Row Row Lake

Post 205

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I have no idea who set the line up but Buttercup thanks them from the bottom of her second stomach smiley - laugh


Row Row Lake

Post 206

Purr in Boots

smiley - cat
**Thinking the cheers and merriment are due to his playing, Purr rejoins the underlying musical theme and launches into a lengthy Beatles medley. He even hums along with each tune, occasionally lending his voice to the lyrics.**

"While maiy fid-dle gently weepss..."

**Which is what most of the audience is beginning to do, as the strains from his instrument start to strain everyone's nerves.**
smiley - cat


Row Row Lake

Post 207

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


(B4, clutching his ears and smiley - erming, looks plaintively back to Lil.)

On second thought... Or can the sound crew edit THAT out?

smiley - coolB4smiley - wah


Row Row Lake

Post 208

Thistle Howl - a frighteningly cute Critter of the Night

*scratches her head* Yellow Submarine? Sorry, I don't know much about classical music. Who sang that, Bing Crosby?


Row Row Lake

Post 209

Wee Awl

*The yellow cigar shape approaches the brown obloid shape from underneath. The brown obloid shape begins to shake a little, every now and then, as if something were plucking at it.*


You're welcome, Amy. smiley - biggrin


Row Row Lake

Post 210

Robyn Bankes

Look! There is something going in the lake, look at those ripples!

*stands on the edge of the bank for a better look*


Row Row Lake

Post 211

Mysterious Stranger

*staggered backwards under the weight of the smiley - sheep but now seems, for some reason, to have passed out, lying flat on his back, unconscious*


Row Row Lake

Post 212

Mary and her full-grown <sheep>

Oh! Stranger! Speak to me!

*Hits the smiley - sheep on the nose*

Bad sheep!

smiley - sheep <-- turns away with head hung down and inadvertently kicks the garlic into the water.

*Mary, kneeling, strokes the Stranger's face and chafes his hands*


Row Row Lake

Post 213

Robyn Bankes

Don't worry, Mary I know what will bring him round.

*feels deep inside the bag until she finds a bucket, dips it into the lake, as she turns to Mysterious her foot catches in a tree root...she teeters back and forth, each teeter taking her nearer the audience..........*

Oh no, watch out.........

*she loses her balance and the bucket tips, the audience hold their breath as they realise what is like to happen next*

*as she tries to regain her balance, the bucket lurches out of her hands and the crowd gets covered in .......................................................................................................................................................

smiley - yikes.............



Oh no!.................





smiley - sorry...............




.............confetti!


Row Row Lake

Post 214

coelacanth

plththththth

I've got some confetti in my mouth. smiley - tongueout
smiley - bluefish


Row Row Lake

Post 215

Mysterious Stranger

*slowly coming to, partly because of the removal of the cause of the obnoxious smell, partly because of his senses picking up warmth and pulse close by as Mary leans over him*


Row Row Lake

Post 216

Mary and her full-grown <sheep>

*Sees the Stranger's eyelids flicker*

Oh! Thank heavens you're all right!

*Continues to stroke his face, but takes a quick glance around to see if anyone is looking. The sheep has slunk off a little ways and is facing the other direction. Mary wiggles her eyebrows at the audience.*

Perhaps he needs mouth-to-mouth.


Row Row Lake

Post 217

Thistle Howl - a frighteningly cute Critter of the Night

*begins skipping flat stones across the Lake. She notices with a start that one she gets good distance with crosses a patern of ripples just as it looses steam and sinks, these ripples seem to be made by something approaching.*

Ooooops! I think I hit something.


Row Row Lake

Post 218

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

OUCH! Somebody hit me with a rock!

*Examines his shell for cracks, then carefully steps on to the next stepping stone.*

It's getting dangerous out here.


Row Row Lake

Post 219

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*moves onto the next stepping stone*


Row Row Lake

Post 220

Titania (gone for lunch)

*elbows Witty*

Do you think we are supposed to follow the actors?smiley - huh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more