A Conversation for The Mother of All Gooses

Gingerbread House

Post 81

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

This pantomime has more plots than a graveyard smiley - erm. If Mary is the Farmer's Wife what is she doing with Mysterious Stranger? Wouldn't she be better off staying with her husband who probably likes sheep - even ones with sharp teeth.


Gingerbread House

Post 82

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

Did someone say the porridge thickens? Porridge would be nice I think, for my headache, just dump it over my head. Oh, my head is THROBBING!

* smiley - headhurts Lifts his hands from his head to reveal that his head is literally throbbing, as if something is trying to push it's way out *


Gingerbread House

Post 83

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


smiley - yikes
*wonders if Humpty's mother was a bird, a snake or a platypus*


Gingerbread House

Post 84

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Or a smiley - dragon! smiley - yikes *moves to the doorway*


Gingerbread House

Post 85

Coniraya

I had never given a minute's thought to Humpty's antecedents, until now.........smiley - erm


Gingerbread House

Post 86

The Swan

*hiding under the table, worried that the farmer's wife might be the same one that struck at him with the tongs, just because he got scared and fluttered into the milk-pan, and then the butter-cask, and then the meal-tub*smiley - erm


Gingerbread House

Post 87

Buttercup the Pantomime Cow

*checks the Back Passage to make sure that the escape route through the back door is clear*


Gingerbread House

Post 88

Mary and her full-grown <sheep>

*Looks at the Stranger, puzzled*

Evil? Evil? How can he be evil with fleece as white as snow? If he was evil, he would be a smiley - blacksheep instead of a smiley - sheep. Besides, I've known him all of his life and he has never done anything evil. Well, except for that time in third grade when Jack Horner stole my lunch and wouldn't give it back. But then, that wasn't really evil, just very uncomfortable to watch. Nobody ever messed with me again after that. smiley - biggrin Anyway, just never mind about little sheepy, you'll hardly know he is there. And who knows, he may find a nice little ewe of his own and settle down himself.

*Notices the woman looking at her*

Farmer's wife? Me? Oh no, ma'am. I'm not even married...*bats eyes at the Stranger*...yet.


Gingerbread House

Post 89

Henrietta 'Fowl' Deedes

*Gladys the smiley - spider dangles from the ceiling by a thread above Henrietta's head*

[Gladys]: Hmmm. Perhaps she's the Farmer's Wife. *points a leg towards Cinders* It's always the quiet ones in my experience.


Gingerbread House

Post 90

Henrietta 'Fowl' Deedes

*Henrietta looks up at the spider somewhat surprised* She's not the only one!

This is all very irregular. It definitely says here Farmer's Wife, Gingerbread Cottage, 12.30pm. Still you lot will have to do. *starts handing around green brochures, balancing one on Humpty's head*


Gingerbread House

Post 91

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

* A small crack appears in Humpty's head, and the brochure slips through. The throbbing stops for a moment. *

Ah, thank you Miss Deeds. Whatever type bandage you put on my head has helped tremendously. By the way, if I could talk to you later about suing the builder of that ride I think I might have a case. My head feels like it is about to break open since I rode it, or hung beneath it. Most unsafe really, no safety features at all.


Gingerbread House

Post 92

Cinders

Oh no, Miss Deedes, I'm not the Farmer's Wife.

But if he is tall, dark, handsome and kind then I could be tempted. smiley - blush


Gingerbread House

Post 93

Mysterious Stranger

*fingers the cleft in his prominent chin*

*twirls his moustache*

*sensing that not only is there something smiley - fishy with Mary's smiley - sheep but also with Mary herself*

Je régrette, ma chérie - keep smiley - sheep = deal is off, get rid of smiley - sheep = smiley - ok

*tries to catch Cinders' attention*


Gingerbread House

Post 94

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

Tut tut. It's terrible what this says. They can't get away with it. No.

* Turns and looks behind himself. *


Gingerbread House

Post 95

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - cat
**Purr in Boots, who had discreetly been sitting in the rocker, facing the hearth in an attempt to dry the last vestiges of the 'toidy debacle', stands and approaches the woman with the brochures.**

[Purr] Miss Deedes, may Ai pleasse perruse one of yeour brrochures? Ai am afrraid, though, that the lady yeou sseek--the Farrmer's Wife--has not made herr prresence known ssince ourr arrival...
smiley - cat


Gingerbread House

Post 96

Robyn Bankes

I am definitely not the Farmer's Wife and have no intention of ever becoming one. Far too much like hard work.

*admires the smiley - xmastree ornaments*


Gingerbread House

Post 97

Mary and her full-grown <sheep>

*Shifts so that she is standing between the Stranger and Cinders.*

Well, maybe he could just visit on weekends and holidays?


Gingerbread House

Post 98

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

It's all so romantic. A sort of remake of Gone With The Wind.


Gingerbread House

Post 99

Buttercup the Pantomime Cow

[Front]: Sorry, dear heart. It must be the tic tac plants. They always have that affect on me. smiley - blush


Gingerbread House

Post 100

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

smiley - headhurts Oh! Miss Deeds! The pain in my head is getting quite bad again, could we maybe move my lawsuit forward a little more quickly? Really the rattling in my brain is getting severe, and you will never get away with it, not now that I have the evidence, you and your evil law firm will be stopped!

* Looks behind himself again. smiley - huh *


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more