A Conversation for The Mother of All Gooses

Gingerbread House

Post 101

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*from audience pov*

Didn't the Extremely Wild Ride issue a disclaimer before we all embarked? He said it awfully fast, but he did say it, I think. Poor Humpty. Look how his head is bulging!


Gingerbread House

Post 102

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

Yes, the wild ride did issue a disclaimer, but then I did not actually get ON the ride. I think I have quite a good case. If Miss Deed agrees to represent me that evil law firm will *never* represent me! How could I agree to do business with them when they are trying to pull off this kind of thing?!

* Looks under his chair. *

Is there a ventriliquist here? smiley - headhurts I seem to be developing dandruff too.


Gingerbread House

Post 103

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

* Wipes some dandruff off of his head, but instead comes a way with a small piece of shell. *

smiley - yikes At last, a little bit of light!

* Faints *


Gingerbread House

Post 104

Titania (gone for lunch)

*backs away from Humpty Dumpty, thinking of what the others have said of what kind of egg he might be*

[Ripley] *climbs up on T's back*


Gingerbread House

Post 105

Purr in Boots

smiley - cat
**Purr's attention is more than momentarily drawn awar from the pamphlet and other papers handed him by Miss Deedes. He slinks over to Humpty Dumpty and begins eggsamining him from behind.**

[Purr] Curriouserr and curriouserr... Humpty, dearr frriend, arre yeou ffeeling quite well? Yeou sseem to be a bit out of ssorrts... Urrrrr... May Ai offerr a paw in assistance? Maiy chap, yeou arre eitherr moulting or yeou arre morre crracked than Ai had at ffirst imagined...
smiley - cat


Gingerbread House

Post 106

Pansy Ffing

*Pansy has been deeply engrossed in the green brochure for some time.*

smiley - spaceMiss Henrietta, do you think the Farmer's Wife is going to turn up for her appointment? If not, I'm very interested in having a look round. Is the seller open to all offers?
What about on the house price?


Gingerbread House

Post 107

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Ba-BOOM!


Gingerbread House

Post 108

Mysterious Stranger

*squirms, trying to get used to the feeling that just for once a girl might actually be seriously interested in him*

Eh - every other weekend - and every other holiday as well?

*smiles sheepishly at Mary*


Gingerbread House

Post 109

Mary and her full-grown <sheep>

WHO HOOOO!



I mean, sure, that would be fine. smiley - biggrin


Gingerbread House

Post 110

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

Purr, dear friend, lean closer so you can hear me clearly. I think these are my last moments. smiley - cry No closer, that's right, closer. Tell my brothers and sisters...

* A foot suddenly shoots out of Humpty's head, hitting Purr *

There! That's much better!
smiley - headhurts


Gingerbread House

Post 111

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Wow! smiley - wow Humpty is ... hatching!


Gingerbread House

Post 112

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*nibbles a bit of the smiley - choc door*

This is so exciting... and worrying. smiley - erm


Gingerbread House

Post 113

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

Hatching! What's that? Is that the thing my father was supposed to tell me about when I was 10? I don't think I'm hatching, I think I'm dying...

* Another foot shoots out, and Humpty flips over so he is now standing on his head smiley - erm feet. *

...to get out of here. I think if I just move this way I can...

* A wing pops out of Humpty's side *


Gingerbread House

Post 114

The Swan

*looks at Humpty Dumpty from the relative safety beneath the kitchen table, eyes wide with half horror, half excitement*

Qua-honk!


Gingerbread House

Post 115

Henrietta 'Fowl' Deedes

Now look here! I'm trying to sell this cottage and I can't have people hatching out in it. It gives entirely the wrong impression.


Gingerbread House

Post 116

Buttercup the Pantomime Cow

[Back]: You'd think someone called Henrietta would be more sympathetic to someone hatching.


Gingerbread House

Post 117

Coniraya

smiley - laugh


Gingerbread House

Post 118

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

* Another wing shoots out of Humpty's shell, this one clutching the green brochure and waving it vigorously. *

Ah-ha! Ah-ha! You think you can pull that one, do you Miss Deeds! But I have everything I need right here, I can

* Flips over so the egg-legs are bottom-most *

hurry up and get this lawsuit moving, please? The effects of the ride are worse than I thought, I seem to be developing schizosis, or schizitis, or perhaps schizorrhia. And my shell has cracked!


Gingerbread House

Post 119

Purr in Boots

smiley - cat
**Still rubbing his jaw with one paw, Purr recovers from the impact. He licks his lips, licks his paw, preens his whiskers with the paw, then licks his lips again. And again. And once more for good measure, then turns to face the Hatchling nee Humpty. There's a strange look in his pale-blue slitted cat's eyes; a feral wild look that rises in intensity so it's almost palpable. He leers at the wings and the legs protruding from Humpty's shell, considering something...**

[Purr] Tasstes like chicken... Meowrrrrrr...

**Startled by his own thoughts, Purr physically shrugs away the emotion, then composes himself, smoothing down his jerkin and dusting off his breeches. Sublimating his natural urge, he discreetly takes a gingerbread cookie from the tin on the table. It's painfully evident that the sweet is a poor substitute, in Purr's eyes.**

[Purr] Besst kibble Ai have had ssince Ai worrked pet commerrcialss in the Sstates. [he lies]
smiley - cat


Gingerbread House

Post 120

Humpty Dumpty (and Chicken Little, his chicken)

* Flips over again and pops head out of shell to see what Purr is talking about *

smiley - yikes Who's the wise guy who drew a face on my shell with crayon?

* shakes off the remainder of the shell *


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more