London Meet, Summer 2017

2 Conversations

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Daytime activities

It was decided that the one travelling the farthest should just decide what she wants to do, and offer the information to those who want to join in. The one travelling the farthest protested making a unilateral decision, but conceded the point...

In the morning (late morning) is the Brunel tour. It starts at 10:401 at the Embankment Tube river exit, and finishes up 2 hours later at the Brunel Museum. In between is walking, a train ride, and a boat ride. An Oyster Card or Day Travel Card will cover the train ride, and the boat costs 4.75GBP per adult (50% of the price for non-tour members). The base cost for the tour is 10GBP per adult, 8GBP for over 65s, students, and London Walks loyalty card holders, and children under 15 are free if accompanied by an adult. There is no prebooking, so getting to the meeting point early is important.

At 2:15, the British Museum Tour starts from the Russell Square Tube station. It, too, is approximately 2 hours long, and the base pricing information is the same as for the Brunel tour2. According to Google, public transit times between the end of the first tour and the start of the second are 30-45 minutes, which gives around half an hour for a quick lunch in between.

Evening Meet

We will be meeting at Shakespeare's Head at 6pm.

Pre/Post-Meet activities?

Feel free to peruse the itinerary page. While there probably won't be exact times on there, I do have a phone and phone number to use while I am in the UK. My email is at yahoo.com, and can be reached by putting amy_p1 in front of the @. Please put "phone number" in the subject line. Also, I don't know if I'm going to be checking email much if at all while I'm in the UK, so best to email me before July 20.

Attendees

2legs and W

Agapanthus

Amy P

Clive

Cybercat

Hapi

Hati

minichessemouse

MMF

Robbie Stamp

sol

spimcoot

Superfrenchie

Z

May Attend

Bel

Bluebottle

dasilva

HappyDude

Icy North

ismarah

kelli

Malabarista

Mina

Mol

Mr. Dreadful

Peta

Radox the Green

Robyn Hoode

Rosa

Rosemary and Rosemary's baby3

Sho

Titania

TRiG

Wand'rin Star

Want to, but can't

Gw7en

Mu Beta

Pierce

1Meet 10-15 minutes prior2Both tours are with the same company.3Yes, I know, I'm horrible, but I couldn't resist! 'Tis actually a toddler, anyway.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87879857

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more