A Conversation for London Meet, Summer 2017

What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 21

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Alrighty then! Due to a very good point raised by Hati Elsewhere (that just about all of the people going to the meet can get to London to see what they would like to much easier than I can), I've decided what I want to do during the day on Saturday, and everyone's invited to join in!

I'm going to be (possibly) overambitious for the daytime portion of the meet...

I'm planning on going on the Brunel tour (starts at 10:40am at the Embankment Tube river exit--meet 10-15 minutes beforehand). That's supposed to take about 2 hours, and includes a boat ride, which is less than 5BPB for adult tour members (I didn't think to ask about children or seniors, but I think it's safe to say that they certainly wouldn't be *more*). That ends around 12:40 (call it 12:45 to make time math simpler smiley - winkeye)at the Brunel Museum, near 2 transport options. According to Google, various transport options take about 30-45 minutes to arrive at Russel Square Tube station, which is where the tour of the British Museum meets (starts at 2:15, so say 2:00 for time math). That should give anyone going on both time to have a quick, late lunch, though packing a lunch and eating at Russell Square might be best, time-wise, though, if we can swing the time, the Mayflower Pub is near the Brunel Museum, and there are also choices at the Russell Square end. *That* can certainly wait until closer to the time, though, following studies of timetables... That gets us finished touring by 4:15 or so, and I think Ill likely be up for kicking back and relaxing until the evening! So I'm thinking V&A Friday night--I actually emailed them this morning (my time) to find out which galleries are open late on a Friday, though, so if the answer is "most of them close at the usual time" I may rethink that.


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 22

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - zen British Museum has a statue of Hapi


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 23

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

So a photo of you looking at your otherself is a mustsmiley - winkeye


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 24

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Definitely! smiley - ok

smiley - pirate


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 25

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - biggrin the statue is not quite like the original


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 26

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Hopefully not smiley - biggrin

No offense. You may be quite handsome, darling, but we already have pictures of you smiley - kiss

smiley - pirate


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 27

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - rofl .. it's the smiley - ale I suppose .. Hippos don't have other sixpacks than the ones in the fridge


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 28

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Which is exactly why we smiley - love you, of course smiley - cheers

smiley - pirate


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 29

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Is it possible to have an itinerary breakdown of days and venues just so I can get my small brain around what is happening, where and when please?


MMF

smiley - musicalnote


What shall we do? (London 22.7.17)

Post 30

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Got you covered smiley - okhttps://h2g2.com/entry/A87879046


Key: Complain about this post