Talking Point: 11 September, 2001 - One Year On

68 Conversations

11 September, 2001

This week on Talking Point we look back over the last 12 months to the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York. h2g2 was a focus for shock and discussion in the weeks following 11 September, 2001. We would like to invite people who contributed to our Talking Point of last year and those who have joined h2g2 since, to let us know how they feel one year on. What, if anything, has changed? Is the world a safer place or did the events in New York serve to underlie the fact that we are all potential targets for terrorism?

Please remember that for many people, this is still a very sensitive subject. Please respect other people's views and emotions.

What were your memories of 11 September, 2001? We want you to tell us:

  • Where were you when you heard about the attacks on the Twin Towers?
  • How did you hear the news?
  • What was your initial reaction?
  • Has your world view changed and if so, how?
  • Do you feel less safe then you did a year ago?
  • What should the Trade Center site be used for now?
  • Will you be marking the day and if so how?
  • Or do you think that it is time to move on?
  • 1Thanks to Jimster for the graphic.

    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A805989

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    Credits

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more