A Conversation for Talking Point: 11 September, 2001 - One Year On

9-11-2003

Post 1

Alfredo

Today it is 9-11-2003.
There were ceremonies today at Ground Zero.

I remember I was very impressed those days by what happened; all that human suffering, peoples got trapped, jumping from windows hand in hand with collegues into a harsh death.
Life that seemed to have become totally irralevant as old leaves falling from the trees.
But these were human beings, from flesh and blood.
So intens dehumiliating.

My daughter lives close by and was already a volunteer at the Red Cross. She helped for a year, days every week. She called me often, so I was relatively close by.
Chaos, panic, desorientation, sadnes, stress and exhaustion, everywhere.
So overwhelming, so massive.
She can't bear the smell of barbecue anymore in her life.......

And later on George Bush - who didn't really know what to do with his presidency - found his mission; "war on terrorism" and the neo- conservatives around him use it as their excuse for America, being not just the only superpower, but the controller of the globe.

This "war on terrorism" will fail, because it is a simplification of the threat of terrorism.
"Controlling the world" will fail, because you can be superior in almost everything; you cannnot really control the world without human support, as we can see in Iraq.


Today it is september the 11th, 2003.
I will never forget those people waving from their windows with T-shirts and finally jumping from windows and almost vanished in the air till they met death in the streets of New York.
I do remember them, especially today.

And I do realize that this disaster is in a global view relatively small, compared to hunger, starvation and aids.

But still, today, I remember those falling humans into an unimaginable cruel way of dieing.

Tomorrow and the days after, I'll focus at other catastrophies around the globe, as Koffi Annan often mentions in his speeches.


Alfredo, Amsterdam


Thread Moved

Post 2

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community' to 'Talking Point: 11 September, 2001 - One Year On'.

smiley - peacedove


Where can I éver find "Talking Point 9/11- one year after

Post 3

Alfredo

I got this repley;

"Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community' to 'Talking Point: 11 September, 2001 - One Year On".

I don't get them unravelled, all these talking points, despite all bureaucratic defibnitions.

Where in this f*****g world can I find "Talking point: 11 sept. one year on"

Although now it is two years on and the global political situation is very different.

I get fed up with those confusing talking points.

Angry Alfredo from Amsterdam.


Where can I éver find "Talking Point 9/11- one year after

Post 4

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

smiley - hug I think of them as well.

I was far away in England when it happened.

My grandfather was in hospital after suffering a heart attack. I went to visit him after work on that day. I was greeted by the TV being on and the towers collapsing.

The worst day of my life. I feel for you my friend. smiley - cuddle


Scar

Post 5

Alfredo


Yes, Vicky, such human evil and suffering leave deep scars at planet earth.
There appears to be a drive to do evil.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more