h2g2 Post 25.07.02

1 Conversation


Posted: 25th July 2002

Editorial

Slightly Harassed!

What started out as a fairly relaxed day ended up, yet again, in some disarray. I had, for me, an early rise to let the man from the Electricity Board in to change our meter. This was so that we could finally hook up our cooker and reclaim the kitchen as a viable work space. Mission accomplished!

So then the final cupboard could be fixed in place and the last remnants of 'odds from the old cupboards' stowed away. Not quite - I hadn't allowed for the fact that the new ones were just a little lower than a standard saucebottle size, and certainly way too small for specialist vinegar jars. So a majorish swop around was required. This, as always, took longer than I had imagined and I almost didn't make it back online in time to send this week's graphics in for blobbing.

The next little niggle was something I really should have remembered was happening, but had managed to totally forget. This evening was the scheduled time for me to undertake the bar training now required by Dutch law - in Dutch of course! I probably became far more worked up about this than I need have, because I could follow just about all of it fairly well - although the use of videos and Power Point presentation certainly helped no end. Did I pass? Time will tell.

Enough of my domestics! On to this week's edition. Apologies come from both sea and MaW; Abi was too wrapped up in sorting out post meet details, Egon will be here, but late, Ormy is on holiday and Kate nowhere to be seen although thought to be unwell. A lean issue then? Absolutely not! Not one but two offerings from the AGG/GAG Team, a report on the wedding of the year, the first of what we hope are a few London Meet reports and another new Team writer give you more than enough to enjoy alongside our regulars.

ShazzPRME


 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • Ask and ye shall receive; don't ask and...

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A769980

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more