The Post 1M 27.06.02 - 29.08.02

0 Conversations

The Post OfficeThe Post

Arts and Film | Artwork | Campaigns, Puzzles and Competitions | Cartoons | News, Sport, Science and Information
Regular Columns and Columnists | Serials and Stories - Fact and Fiction | Travelogues and Previous Columns | Post Pages
Back Issues

The thirteenth page of Past Issue links with a brief description of some, but by no means all,
of the excellent articles featured.

Some articles are retained by their authors so will not contain links.

In this instance please use your 'Back' button.



  • 27.06.02

    Ormy returns with his Notes, Wowbagger gives us another great cartoon, Aby picks more from the Community, more predictions from Greebo and the Top Ten continues.

    Somewhere Under the Rainbow returns, a Bean Special is this weeks recipe, Maw's Future Prefect continues, and AGG/GAG gives us 2 new writers and one h2g2 fairy tale.

    The South-West Meet is reviewed, Catwoman poses a question, a football verse in the poem and 45 Words makes an announcement.

    Awix tells us of his experiances at a Convention and Timelord gives us his usual wordsearch and quiz.


  • 04.07.02

    Sadly both sea and Abi were not able to bring us their regular columns this week but a repeated Wowbagger is dedicated to Mark Moxon and Ormy gives us more of his up to the minute views.

    Demon Drawers brings us two 45 Words, Greebo tells our Horror Scope and brings us the Top Ten results on Terry Pratchett books whilst there's another report from the LesBiGay community.

    More from Future Prefect, a brand new column starts, H2g2 Fables by Kate Schechter, and a new part work serial by Titania called Dark Times.

    Two poems this week, by Awix and Lethe, Tennis and football gets two mentions a piece, quizzes and a wordsearch by Timelord and Bluebottle, and the Post runs a Spot the Difference competition.

    More news from AGG/GAG, an update from 360, Bluebottle tells us of the Southampton Meet, Conventional Thinking Part 2, and Pastey brings us another Techno Babble.


  • 11.07.02

    Ormy is here with his regular column, but sadly this weeks h2g2 Life is the last we will see for a while as Wowbagger takes a well earned break.

    Demon Drawer brings us his excellent 45 Words, Abi picks out more fun around h2g2, Greebo predicts more futures and spimcoot returns with a re-vamped Paper Cuts.

    Somewhere Under the Rainbow, AGG/GAG, Techno Babble and a look at Wimbledon 2002 make for great reading, along with a Poem by Lethe and the answers to the Douglas Adams quiz from last week.

    There's fiction galore with H2g2 Fables, Future Prefect, The Dark Times and The Quest, Timelord has another quiz and a Wordsearch for you to puzzle over and laugh along with FBI Agents.


  • 18.07.02

    Ormy looks at the world in Notes, Paper Cuts gives us the picture and 45 Words is just that.

    Egon starts his new sporting column, Awix returns with 24 Lies a Second and brings us the third and last part of Conventional Thinking.

    The Recipe is Summer Cherry and Blueberry Crumb Pie, news from somewhere Under the Rainbow, Future Prefect and The Quest carry on and AGG/GAG asks, 'Does it communicate... something?.'

    An update from 360, Techno Babble from Pastey, an occasional series begins, The Living Earth and Kate Schechter has a go at poetry.

    Part three of Dark Times, a new cartoon with an old subject and Timelord's quiz and Wordsearch complete this weeks packed edition.

  • 25.07.02

    Ormy is not with us this week but Paper Cuts is still in the chatting mood, whilst 45 Words is on Niagara Falls and 24 LAS is on the bloody trail of Resident Evil.

    The Post Recipe is Stuffed Peppers, another roundup in Somewhere Under the Rainbow and Greebo tells all in the Horror Scope.

    A new column with a fishy title in Cod Philosophy with Otto Fisch starts this week, AGG/GAG and Tech No Babble as usual, and there's a report on the wedding of the h2g2 year, Shea and TJ.

    A report on the Summer Meet by Munchkin, Greebo writes a poem, a cartoon to make you laugh and Part Four of Titania's The Dark Times.

    There's an AGG/GAG Special on Games for a rainy day, whilst Timelord brings us his quiz and a wordsearch to get the grey matter working.

  • 01.08.02

    Ormy brings us his Notes, and spimcoot is still in the chatty mood in Paper Cuts, whilst a guest steps in for Abi.

    Awix reviews Goldmember, we welcome back Aaron O'Keefe with IMWRS, The Living Earth tells us of extreme weather and old jokes to laugh about in the Wowbagger Withdrawal Corner.

    Our three on running stories are all here this week with, Future Prefect, The Dark Times and The Quest, Egon brings us up to date with what's happening in the sporting world,and AGG/GAG brings us reading assignments and discussion papers.

    A review on the London Summer Meet, as well as a chance to have a go at the competition from the Summer Meet, news from 360, and a review of the World Cup Final.

    A new column starts, The Grimm Reaper, a tale of coming home in Root Feelings and the recipe this week is, Fastnacht Day.

  • 08.08.02

    Ormondroyd gives us his Notes, Paper Cuts is still in a chatty mood, AGG/GAG tells us about things weird and we give you the h2g2 London Quiz answers.

    Mark Moxon is imortalized in prose, as is Dustin Hoffman in 45 Words and the regulars 360 and 24 Lies A Second are both here.

    Pastey brings us another Techno Babble, enjoy Cod Philosophy with Otto Fisch, Enders Game is reviewed in the BooKNooK and share another joke with the Wowbagger Withdrawal Corner.

    Psycho Chicken goes to Boston, part 6 of Titania's Dark Times, sea's Quest continues and part 2 of The Diary of a Wedding Attendee.

    The recipe this week is Foolproof Fruitcake, another update from Somewhere Under the Rainbow, I Want a Pet is the poem of the week, and laugh at the World's Shortest Books.

  • 15.08.02

    Ormy brings us another of his excellent Notes From a Small Planet, AGG/GAG is brought to us by Sir Bossel, chat with spimcoot in Paper Cuts and learn whats going on around h2g2 from Abi's Community Column.

    Bluebottle introduces the 4th Annual Bikini Contest, Bagpuss tells us about Canada, another 24 Lies a Second from Awix and another update from the world of 360.

    A review of the Pennsylvania meet, another IMWRS, the stand alone article, How I beat Gravity, and another joke in the Wowbagger Withdrawal Corner.

    Part Two of Psycho Chicken's trip to Boston, part seven of Dark Times, the recipe this week is Ham Loaf, and sea's Quest continues to enthrall us.

  • 22.08.02

    Ormy gives us more of his views in Notes and spimmie chats from cartoonist corner.

    Not one but two 45 Words grace this issue, The America's Cup started 1851 and Ingrid Bergman 1915-1982. Awix reviews a creepy eight legged film, more from IMWRS, 'What happened to the Post Staff' in the Wowbagger Withdrawal Corner and Part Eight of Titania's superb Dark Times.

    The adventure continues in Future Prefect, news from Somwhere Under the Rainbow, laugh along with a visit to the fortune teller and this week Spaceman Spiff brings you AGG/GAG.

    An update from 360, news about the fourth annual Bikini Contest, and Researcher 195827 tells us a Story About Albert Brooks.

    A girl called Ben writes the Poem, Greebo introduces the new Smiley's, part three of Psycho Chicken's Boston trip, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire Volume One by Edward Gibbon is featured in the BooKNook and Techno Babble is brought to us by Vegiman this week.

  • 29.08.02

    The Post takes a break but offers a guided tour around the archives as a substitute.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A770078

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more