h2g2 Post 18.07.02

1 Conversation


Posted: 18th July 2002

Editorial

Looking forward to a flying visit

The kitchen is still a mess, the cooker still not cleared for use and I haven't even started creating a name badge. Despite this, the excitment is growing as I contemplate packing for the trip over to London and the Meet on Friday. Mina has been tempting me by dropping hints at the wonderful prizes to be had and I finally get to meet my great friend Swiv whom I've known and chatted regularly with since my earliest days on h2g2. Infact, there are an awful lot of people attending who I'll be really pleased to see!

In this edition we welcome Egon onto the Team as our regular sports writer. If the name sounds familiar it is because he has already written some excellent reports on the World Football competition and Wimbledon. Talking of tennis, if you are a fan please check out the Announcements section.

We are also pleased to see Woodpigeon who will be writing about environmental issues from time to time. In the cooks kitchen we introduce Friar, the Big Dawg, who gives you four recipes for the price of one and Kate Schechter moves from Post Fables to the poetry corner. Next week sees the welcome return to The Post of The BookNook and a new column provided by Otto Fisch. Along with all our regulars this makes for a good read all round!

ShazzPRME


 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • ~jwf~ asks, "Does it communicate... something?"


  • The Post Recipe

  • A new contributor brings you Summer Cherry and Blueberry Crumb Pie.


  • The Quest

  • sea with her story based on the tales of

    everyday h2g2ers.

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A769971

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more