h2g2 Post 29.08.02

1 Conversation


Posted: 29th August 2002

Editorial

Retrospective

This edition is different in that it is not generated by our many contributors, nor does it feature any new articles. It does, however, try to still give value for money by highlighting the extensive Post Archives and all the treasures, possibly overlooked, which can be unearthed there.

So, if you are at a loose end, why not take a trip down memory lane or discover a new - to you - contributor or past feature of The Post?

smiley - thepost


 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG Post Archives

  • AGG/GAG joined us for our 2nd Birthday edition
    and are now rapidly approaching contribution 42.
    They do a sterling job rescuing items deemed unsuitable for the official Guide and giving them the airing they deserve.


  • Ormy's 'Notes' and Other Scribblings

  • Ormondroyd first appeared in The Post way back in December 1999.
    Although probably most famous for his 'Notes', he has also amused us
    with sports tales and song lyrics.


  • Artwork Archive

  • Since its inception, The Post has been very lucky to receive artwork from some very talented h2g2ers.
    This archive shows all the inventive headers created by them
    for our contributors.


  • The Demon Drawer Collection

  • Another prolific contributor, Demon Drawer has covered
    everything from Obits to competitions, meets to number crunching and his clever '45 Words' articles.


  • Film Reviews Archive

  • Trying not to step on the toes of differing release dates for films
    The Post has featured many fine movie and DVD reviews.
    Here you can find links to all of them, including to the archives of our resident cinema buffs Awix and JJ.


  • 1-2-1 Archive

  • From out first issue we loved to discover all about our fellow h2g2ers. Some are still with us, some are long gone, but they make for fascinating reading all the same.
    This idea was later taken up by the The Frankie Roberto Interview series.


  • The Cartoon Archive

  • What can we say about these? This page contains links to the Wowbaggers, spimcoots, DoctorMOs and others which have amused us over the years.


  • Take 5 Archive

  • Long before AGG/GAG started plucking unedited gems, two intrepid reporters tried to pick their favourites from the 30 Edited Entries featured every week on the front page. The series title is, at times, very misleading!


  • Sports-related Articles Archive

  • A jump-off point for all kinds of items about physical activity. Motor biking, ice hockey, tennis, football and sailing are just a few of the many sports represented here.


  • The Greebo T Cat Collection

  • No trip around our archives would be complete without a visit to one of our most prolific contributors. From April 2000 Greebo has kept us entertained and amused.


  • h2g2 Meet Archives

  • Most of us appear to enjoy socialising as can be witnessed by the number of items in this category. Most articles here include pictures or links to pictures.


  • Music Reviews Archive

  • This collection includes cd releases, profiles and the accounts from some lucky h2g2ers of concerts they have attended. Subjects include Hendrix, The First Night of the Proms, Peter Gabriel and Radio Head.


  • The Recipe Archive

  • We have some very talented cooks in our midst as witnessed by the wide array of recipes available here. All are original and individual. Whether you are reading how to make a cake, a dessert, a quick meal or a more complex four course dinner, your taste buds will go into overdrive.


  • The Post Page of Links.

  • Our hopefully comprehensive list of all the places to see and be seen, eat drink and be merry, campaign, join or check out in order to complete the h2g2 experience.

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team.

The place where you come to communicate with the Team,

offer assistance or contribute.


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A770032

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more