A Conversation for The Ruined Indian Village

A bomb in the atelier

Post 501

Garius Lupus

Okay, folks, you can rest your minds about the existing bombs being reprogramed, or something. The only real bombs on the premises are the ones in the armoury, deep below the building itself, behind several layers of security. Uh, that's not counting the experimental ones we were working on before we left. But they're in the restricted area of the lab and well guarded. There aren't any actual bombs planted around the Atelier - at least by us, anyway. And there's a good reason for that: we don't need any actual bombs there. If we wanted to blow it up, it would just be a few simple keystrokes and we could reprogram the fridge, say, or the elevator, or countless other bits of technology and make them into bombs. It would be so simple we could do it in seconds.

So you see, there are no actual bombs of ours to worry about. smiley - biggrin


A bomb in the atelier

Post 502

Titania (gone for lunch)

*doesn't feel very relieved by GL's explanation*

Making bombs of fridges and elevators?smiley - erm

*stands up, dusts off crumbs*

I'm ready to go - is there a shorter way back to where we left the horses than going through the caves again? Or maybe Amos brought them around too?


A bomb in the atelier

Post 503

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oh,
*looks over to the aristocrats by the altar*

ladies and gentlemen, you are welcome to join us in our return journey to the atelier. I can offer you accomodation, and we can even host your nuptials. smiley - smiley

Garius, Affy, can you get a message to Matina, that three suites should be made ready for guests?

Amos says the bearers and footmen can be put up at the farm, and I will reserve a room for your valet as well.



A bomb in the atelier

Post 504

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*comes to the door, on hearing his name*

All the horses 're here your elfship ma'am, including your Gandalf. And we be takin the shore road home, mostly downhill and smooth goin'.

Who'll be coming in the carriage then? Lord Munchkin is riding shotgun up with me, said he still doesn't trust the locals.


A bomb in the atelier

Post 505

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thank you, Amos...smiley - smiley *gives him a nod*

Sol - Gandalf or the carriage? I'll be waiting outside...

*drifting off to find a big stone to make the mounting easier*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 506

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Well, I'm off then. I can't wait to get back, I'm sure you understand.

*heads out the door, nodding to Amos. Only a minute later there is the sound of hoofbeats and a horse galloping away*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 507

Witty Moniker

I'll go in the carriage. I could use a bit of a rest.

*sips smiley - tea*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 508

Garius Lupus

*Finishes his smiley - tea and wipes some smiley - choc from his mouth*

Nice biscuits, Caer. Do you sell them at the 24/7 Witty?

*Notices the others slowly drifting out.*

Well, I guess we had better get going.

*Stands up.*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 509

The Vegetable in the Iron Mask

Oh, excuse me, Amos. I don't believe we've met before. *extends hand* I'm Herb Celery, glad to meet you. I'll take one of those seats in the carriage, if there's still one available.


A bomb in the atelier

Post 510

Coniraya

*clears away the smiley - tea things and prepares to depart in the coach*

It will be a relief to see the Atelier again smiley - smiley


A bomb in the atelier

Post 511

James Arthur Webjello-Bottomley III


Haw! I suppose we'll be off then. And we'll see whether this atelier has accomodations in the style to which my fiancee is accustomed. After you, darling. Lucky, come along old man.

*James Arthur Bottomley-Webjello III escorts Floradora out the door*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 512

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*shakes the Celery's hand vigorously*

It will be a pleasure to have you along, sir. *lowers his voice a little* The carriage is actually a small tram, so there's plenty of room, not just for the original lot but all their dogs and luggage. Twas a bit of a squeeze on the road out.

*back to normal voice* You'll find that you board at the front, ladies and gentlemen. Seats are along the side and there's a banquette down the middle with room underneath to stow your things.


A bomb in the atelier

Post 513

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*makes her way back quite quickly on the dragonFLYbot*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 514

Witty Moniker

*Steps gingerly over the remaining messes and makes her way outside to the carriage.*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 515

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Drat, I won't be getting that shower after all.

/* Pushes Zeppo smiley - dog up into the tram, then climbs in himself */


A bomb in the atelier

Post 516

Carmel Bunny, spokes stuffie for cute things everywhere

Carmel smiley - bunny gets pugs and wagon ready for boarding.

Dear me, I'd best get a move on, my writing partner will want me to turn in that edited copy - we run this game in 2 weeks. Oh, and he'll want his dogs back as well.


A bomb in the atelier

Post 517

Dizzy H. Muffin

[X] Say ... something's just occurred to me. The note said that the bomb had already been /deployed/, but it /didn't/ say that it had actually /arrived/ there. Maybe the bomb just hasn't gotten there yet!


A bomb in the atelier

Post 518

Garius Lupus

Hmmmmm. That's possible, X, but the note did say that Jesse Jello had been sent to place it there, and I saw Jesse Jello fighting us at the pass. I think he must have already placed it by then. Affy and I will just have to do our own search when we get back. And maybe invent some better detection equipment.

*GL gets up on his horse, ready to leave.*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 519

James Arthur Webjello-Bottomley III


Go, Higgins!

*with James Arthur Bottomley-Webjello III, Floradora, the Earl of Lucan, two footmen and a groom-driver aboard, the carriage departs*

*the valet dispatches the bearers to follow on foot, then stands alone, trying not to look forlorn*


A bomb in the atelier

Post 520

An Earl Called Lucan-Jello


I say - I don't hold with this travelling with the hoi palloi malarky ! Where's first class on this jalopy what ?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more