A Conversation for The Town of Peta Gulch

Main Street

Post 121

Disgruntled Ape

*is bemused when the stuffed bunny abruptly sits up and takes over the group, but the other ape is clearly smitten, so everyone tags along to the back of the jail*

*as the big gun has stopped firing, the jaunt isn't too dangerous. One of the other apes sits in the wagon thumping his chest while the Disgruntled Ape pulls him along*

Ook. [This is more interesting than sitting in the trees all day]

Nearby Ape: Ook. [...or getting killed.]


Main Street

Post 122

Yellowjello

~there is a shot from inside the jail~

*after a few moments Yeller comes out of the alley running alongside the side of the jail. He is obviously in pain and walking with a peculiar gait. he makes it to the front of the jail where he rests for a moment by leaning on the hitching rail*

*he raises his Bowie knife and throws it with a perfect cast into the forehead of the jello on the wanted poster where it quivers for a second before slowly settling into quiescence*

*the defiant light goes out of Yellowjello's eyes and without making a sound he falls into the watertrough where he remains face down gently bobbing up and down with the motion of the water*


Main Street

Post 123

Billy the Kid

Dang! That was a good death. Did sea shoot that jellowfellow? Is there anyone left in there?

I reckon we should camp in the general store. I could go fer some looting.


Main Street

Post 124

Sol

I could go for a bath. I wonder if there is such a thing anywhere in this town.


Main Street

Post 125

Billy the Kid


*aghast* A bath!?


Main Street

Post 126

Coniraya

Sol, you took the thought right out of my head!

Whilst you look for a bath, I'll get some hot water.

*enters the store and finds it stuffed full with items for life in the Wild West*

Hmmm, red flannel longjohns? I don't think so.

*Lights the store's stove, finds a large pan*

Now which of you big strong guys is going to fill this with water from the well for Sol's bath?


Main Street

Post 127

Ape


Oook [what's a bath?]

Oook [can I pick the fleas out of your hair before?]


Main Street

Post 128

soeasilyamused, or sea

*sea staggers into view, her eyes closed and her hands raised*

um... is there a trough out there? i've got a faceful of dirt, and some of it's in my eyes!


Main Street

Post 129

Dizzy H. Muffin

[X, who had also been firing until told to stop except that I haven't been online in the past twelve IRL hours, does a passable imitation of a rimshot.]


Main Street

Post 130

Billy the Kid

*is wandering around the general store acquiring ammunition, canned fruit and some new clothes*

I reckon I'll take a little swim when it gets light. Right now I need me some shut-eye.

*heads back out with his swag, fetches his horses and leads them away in the direction of city hall*


Main Street

Post 131

Witty Moniker

*Climbs out of the coach and heads for the general store.*

I'm going to go see what's left of this town.


Main Street

Post 132

Dizzy H. Muffin

[X] I need some energy! Anyone got any sub-tanks or energy capsules, or even an honest-to-got E-can like they're some kind of witch doctor?


Main Street

Post 133

Sol

I think Munchkin's got some Kendal Mint Cake, X. Would that do?

*wonders into the store after Caer*

Oh splendid. Give me the pan and I'll go and fill it up.

*wonders out in search of water*


Main Street

Post 134

Dizzy H. Muffin


You mean "wander" not "wonder". smiley - winkeye


[X] That's okay, it'll go straight to my reactor ... as long as the sugar doesn't gum up my "vocal chords" like that time Zero and I had a marshmallow-eating contest ...


Main Street

Post 135

Sol

...and if that's the only time I've made a spelling mistake in this adventure I shall be deeply deeply surprised smiley - biggrin

Oh, well, I think I've got some marshmallows here too smiley - winkeye *rumages one handed in carpet bag*


Main Street

Post 136

jr52 (ting-a-)

*muffled voice from Odra's bag; having noticed a lessening of the noises -'I thought I heard something about a Doris with The Celery? Could this be some evil twin of Deloris'? And, might this celery be 'A Clever' Celery, disguised as, rather than, 'The' Celery? hmmmmm??? I just can't imagine such a fine example of upstanding vegetation going bad. And Deloris; a wobble like that could never be bad. I just don't understand it. mumblemumblemumble*


Main Street

Post 137

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*jumping up on the box, Amos backs the coach into a side street, deciding to let Munchkin sleep where he is, then unhitches the clydesdales and leads them to the water trough. The other horses follow. Billy's horses apparently have water of their own and a grassy patch to eat*

*Although the buildings were trashed by the explosion, there is still a corral with its own trough and a few intact bales of hay, and even some shade from a big cottonwood. Amos leads all the horses into the corral then looks around*

Looks like Billy found himself a bunk. Maybe I'll do the same, after I eat. *walks over to the general store*


Main Street

Post 138

soeasilyamused, or sea

*stumbles over to a - thankfully unoccupied - trough and washes dirt out of eyes*

*blink*

*blink*


Main Street

Post 139

soeasilyamused, or sea

*notices all have gone into the store; follows*


Main Street

Post 140

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

*enters the general store, having stopped at the trough to wash the dirt off her face. pulls a dusty can off the shelf*

oh, treacle! i need to reload anyway.


Key: Complain about this post