First Solo Entries

1 Conversation

Balloons and champagne, the essentials for a first birthday celebration14th November — 2nd December, 2005

First Solo-Written Edited Entry Roll of Honour

smiley - applauseto them all smiley - bubbly

smiley - starOpti strong hands with their Entry The Polar BearThe polar bear (scientific name Ursus maritimus) is one of the largest four-pawed carnivores to walk the earth, and can live for up to 25 years... Just four days later Opti had their second solo Edited Entry on the Front Page: Madonna – Entertainerby the start of the 21st Century, Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone - known to all simply as Madonna - had become widely regarded as...

smiley - starEvilClaw with their Entry Megaman – The Classic Videogame Series This series of scrolling platform-based computer games is thought by many to be among the hardest ever made.

smiley - starSerephina with their Entry Clive Barker - Author, Filmmaker For more than 20 years his name has been synonymous with the horror genre. But is there more to his work than...

smiley - starChiefNautilus with their Entry Caring For Pet Stick InsectsThere are many breeds available from pet shops and specialist breeders, and they're becoming increasingly popular with pet buyers...

smiley - starÐiscõ Stu with their Entry Francis Ford Coppola – DirectorOne of the most influential directors of American Cinema, Francis Ford Coppola has been responsible for some of the most critically-acclaimed pictures in history...

smiley - starRoymondo with their Entry Giovanni Antonio Canale (Canaletto) (1697 - 1768)Canaletto was one of the world's most influential and prolific artists (having some 900 paintings attributed to him), and remains one of the most popular...

smiley - starsextonblake with their Entry Sexton Blake: The (Other) Greatest British Consulting DetectiveWho is British fiction's greatest ever consulting detective? Well, he did live on Baker Street but he wasn't Sherlock Holmes...

smiley - staruncharted with their Entry William the Conqueror William the Conqueror, also known as King William I of England, Duke William of Normandy and William the Bastard, is remembered as one of...

smiley - star42donpanic with their Entry 'Are You Being Served?' - The TV seriesOne of the most memorable sitcoms from TV's golden age of the 70s and 80s, revisit Grace Brothers department store and its attentive staff such as Mr Humphries and Mrs Slocombe...

smiley - starAdib Qasim
had their first three solo Entries all on the same day; a trilogy - Women in Islam: veiled oppression or stigmatised misconception? Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3Women in Islam, asking the question of whether this is a case of veiled oppression or stigmatised misconception. The entries flow through historical perspectives, cultural changes and interpretations of the Qur'an across the world...

smiley - starCalliopes_Sleepy Face had two Entries on the same day as part of the h2g2 University project on Forgotten Heroines. Emily Wilding Davison – Suffragette and Caroline Chisholm - The Emigrants' Friend

Every weekday the newest Edited Entries to go into the Edited Guide appear on the Front Page, along with other links and information. You can visit Month of h2g2 to find out what new Edited Entries you have missed over the last month.

If you haven't written an Entry for the Edited Guide yet, have a read of the Writing Guidelines which contains lots of useful advice and information about what we are loking for in an entry for the Edited Guide.

Running the gauntlet of Peer Review, that's how some Researchers see it. However, it's not that bad if you follow the Writing Guidelines and read the information on the Peer Review page. Also try not to take constructive criticism personally, and remember that all suggestions from reviewers are well intentioned with the design of helping you achieve your aim of getting your Entry into the Edited Guide.

When you have written 25 or more solo Edited Entries and they have been accepted into the Edited Guide, you can claim a Solo-Written Edited Guide Entries Badge and will then be added to the Solo-Writen Edited Entries Roll of Honor

With thanks to the The Front Page Archive for some of the quotes on this page.

Volunteer Groups and Related Articles Archive

Emmily

08.12.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A7536558

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more