A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Dr Who.

Post 1

Pink Paisley

When The Dr and Donna flew over her Granddad, what did he say? I thought that he said something about The Doctor being her father.

Cotton wool buds required?

PP


Dr Who.

Post 2

Secretly Not Here Any More

"That's the man!" - Is what I think he said.


Dr Who.

Post 3

Pink Paisley

Thank goodness for that. I couldn't have coped with the alternative.

Too complicated.

PP


Dr Who.

Post 4

IctoanAWEWawi

indeed, thus confirming for the terminally hard of understanding that Donna had, indeed, found her man.

Althouh I have to admit the bit where he looked through his elescope to see them two gooning back at him made me think straight away of Button Moon. Tad cheesy, no?

but generally, yeah, not bad. Rose was clearly in 'turning milk to cheese' mode when we saw her.


Dr Who.

Post 5

Pegasus - Neither bird nor plane

It always helps to make sure that everyone understands what is going on!

May I ask what Button Moon is? And I though it was rather sweet and sort of uplifting. Just my opinion. smiley - smiley

"Turning milk to cheese mode?"

Have to wait and see what the next episode is like now!


Dr Who.

Post 6

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Button moon was a kids TV show. It was about a moon made from a button. it was animated animals living on the button moon, they were made from sewing box items.


Dr Who.

Post 7

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

The theme tune to Button Moon was written and performed by Peter Davison. smiley - tardis


Dr Who.

Post 8

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I have fond memories of being taken to see Button Moon performed live on stage. I seem to recall Jimster used to have a poster of button moon behind his workstation in the H2G2 Towers.

Back on topic - was an okay episode last night - intrigued to see where they are going with Rose already re-appearing, and thought the stand out funny moment was The Doctor and Donna gesturing to each other through the windows. smiley - laugh


Dr Who.

Post 9

Secretly Not Here Any More

I saw Button Moon live too!


Dr Who.

Post 10

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

< A655256 >


Dr Who.

Post 11

NPY

Button Moon live?!?!?!? Where??? I've a Button Moon t-shirt with a *real* button!!

Was a bit intriging to see Rose at the end. Knew she was coming back, but didn't think it'd be so soon. Can't wait to see where it's going.


Dr Who.

Post 12

Elentari

I saw it live too! That takes me back.

I could tell it was Rose as soon as Donna started talking to her, but I wasn't expecting to see her. I thought it was a good episode, overall.


Dr Who.

Post 13

NPY

The wee Adlipose wre funny looking. Little blobs.


Dr Who.

Post 14

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I suspect we may not see Rose again for a while... and when we do, i suspect the Doctor wont, for a while...

it was an OK episode. I totally missed last season, save fo an ep or two, but i'm interested again now...


Dr Who.

Post 15

Giford

Yeah, I'd go with 'OK' - definitely not the best episode, and a funny one to start the series with.

Also caught another mention of the Shadow Proclamation - wonder if they'll be this season's 'Bad Wolf'?

Gif smiley - geek


Dr Who.

Post 16

HonestIago

I'd managed to avoid spoilers about Rose coming back so I was stunned when I saw her. Thought it was brilliant and I can't wait to see what happens with her.

I thought the episode was quite good - certainly no worse than 'Smith and Jones' last years opener. Thought Catherine Tate was good as Donna, with only a few lapses into the annoying.

The adipose were great - I want one, they're so cute - and the mime scene was excellent.

>>Also caught another mention of the Shadow Proclamation<<

I'm reading the Shadow Proclamation as a kind-of galactic UN, every time they've been mentioned, it's been with regard to the laws of the universe.

It's been quite a good weekend for the Whoniverse, with this and with the excellent finale of Torchwood.


Dr Who.

Post 17

NPY

Oh yes!!! That episode of Torchwood was great" So sad though. smiley - wah

I'd agree that it wasn't the best episode I've seen of Dr Who, but there've been worse. And Donna wasn't as annoying as I'd thought she might be.

The mime through the windows was so funy though!! smiley - laugh


Dr Who.

Post 18

Giford

Yeah, the mime was funny - taking the piss a bit from the equally funny Cassanova thing that David Tennant did just before he became the Doctor, I think.

Gif smiley - geek


Dr Who.

Post 19

NPY

And what'd they do to the theme tune? I think they did it for the Christmas special, but since we're here I may as well ask.


Dr Who.

Post 20

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I'm glad that Tate has gotten slightly less annoying since the Christmas special. I'm not certain that she will stay that way, though. She's a real climb-down from Martha.
The episode was not bad, and I hope we get some more stuff about interstellar diplomacy this series.


Key: Complain about this post