A Conversation for The Hot Spot!

The Chaps Club

Post 461

The Ghost of Polidari

I've had a pipe running from my chair to the Little Chaps Room since '71...


The Chaps Club

Post 462

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


*ponders a suitable glass size for Munchers and finally selects "mighty quaff" size*

Here you go old boy .... you might have to use both hands there, what !

Now Inkers pass over that decanter of yours .... Bassemans port I take it eh. Splendid tipple !

smiley - stiffdrink


The Chaps Club

Post 463

Munchkin

Ah, marvelous what. Now then, too find this kitchen.
*Strides of, best turn-up forward, out of the door and off down the corridor.*


The Chaps Club

Post 464

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

I say, I never thought I'd live to see the day when one of the Chaps went to the kitchen. A chap's place is at the bar - don'tyerknow....



Bassers


The Chaps Club

Post 465

Inkwash

Comfortably installed on the customer side, of course!


The Chaps Club

Post 466

Munchkin

*Returns triumphantly followed by a sheepish looking chef and two bearers carrying a side of pork, a spit, a basket of apples, several large pots, a bowl full of bread dough, a butter churn, crockery, cutlery, and other assorted essentials.*
Well get on with it man. Soon have some pork sandwiches knocked up.


The Chaps Club

Post 467

Lurcher


Looks like we might just have time for pre-lunch drink then, Munchers old chap, providing old Redders can be prevailed upon to do the honours.!! Shrewd move, installin` that chair you know, saved an awful lot of waitin` around !!


The Chaps Club

Post 468

The Ghost of Polidari

Serve me up a smiley - stiffdrink then old boy!

Can't remember the last time I had a good pork - I'll have to ask Godfrey.


The Chaps Club

Post 469

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Pollers old boy - don't start, or I'll have to shout "MATRON" at the top of my voice. Most undignified for a chap of my standing what....



Bassers


The Chaps Club

Post 470

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


Right-o Pollers ... one very splendid smiley - stiffdrink coming up toot sweet.


The Chaps Club

Post 471

Inkwash

Did someone say matron?


The Chaps Club

Post 472

The Ghost of Polidari

Its not time for my bed bath again is it?


The Chaps Club

Post 473

Munchkin

Well do try to not get too close to the roast while you are doing so, theres a chap. I hope everyone likes crackling, Chef seems to be making rather a lot.


The Chaps Club

Post 474

Munchkin

Well do try to not get too close to the roast while you are doing so, theres a chap. I hope everyone likes crackling, Chef seems to be making rather a lot.


The Chaps Club

Post 475

The Ghost of Polidari

I may be getting on a bit, but there's nothing wrong with my hearing, Munchers old boy!


The Chaps Club

Post 476

Lurcher


Crackling? can`t beat a bit of crackling, I say.
Not that I`ve had any for a while, crackling that is.
Or the other, come to that. Still, with spring here, mebbe the old sap will start to rise.
(Now there`s a good feed line!!)


The Chaps Club

Post 477

THE KID (Romancer of the Realm of the Rediculous)

Can a fellow get an smiley - ale around here.


The Chaps Club

Post 478

Uncle Heavy [sic]

evidently not...


The Chaps Club

Post 479

TF - The New Fast Automatic F-Reek - Now in DTS

With all this talk about pork sandwiches, crackling and matron's bed baths I jollywell hope there's a drink to be had or I may be in for one of my nasty turns what..

(wanders around checking flower pots and mumbling about matron's sponge...)

TF


The Chaps Club

Post 480

Inkwash

Best of luck to you dear boy!
You've more chance of finding a beer in those potted plants than of getting one brought to you.

Redders, I think there's a leak in one of your pipes. Mind if I tap it?


Key: Complain about this post