A Conversation for The Crossed Purposes Pub

The pub is open!

Post 861

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*thinks of how much fun Kasia must have had while she continues to pet the cat. Slowly starts to drift off...*

zzz

G7


The pub is open!

Post 862

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

::cat drifts to sleep, too...::



::Kes believes his PGGB to be just as soothing as the slumbering cat::


The pub is open!

Post 863

Pandora

"Kasia, it's sweet of you to say I had something to do with the party...but mainly it was you! I just thought of it!~You did ALL the work...you're really wondrful! And I've enjoyed meeting so many new people...er, or what ever you guys are! LOL!" *strolls over to Bossel & Kes, looks them up & down...hmmm, I really don't remember meeting you...at the party I mean. Of course it may have had something to do with all those Bloody Brains I was pounding down, er, I mean, sipping." smiley - tongueout
"Well 3am...time to start work. Keeping hours like these could make a therapist HATE people! HA!" smiley - winkeye "see whta's left of everyone in a few hours! And thanks for the crab cakes Kasia!"
*folds a few in napkins & sticks them in her purse for later*


The pub is open!

Post 864

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*Kasia wakes up*

Morning (9 am at my place)!

Time for a nice Saturday breakfast - today the french turn.

*Kasia goes to the kitchen and brings some fresh croissants, jam, butter and cafe au lait*

Hello Pan, 3 am and work?! Girl, thet'll kill you! It's no good to work at this time. *worried look to Pan*


The pub is open!

Post 865

Kes

*The delicious odour of continental breakfast rouses Kes from his reverie. He discards the PGGB, but continues to stroke the cat (more soothing)*

Dobry den - jak se mas, Kasia? (terrible accent ... terrible)


The pub is open!

Post 866

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Dzien dobry, Kes!

My, you really surprised me. The accent is not that bad. One thing: we Poles say 'dzien dobry', our neighbours, the Czech's and Slovak's (are those names really correct - I'm not sure) say 'Dobry den' smiley - smiley



The pub is open!

Post 867

Kes

Thank you, Kasia ... I know it should have been Polish, but I only have very rusty Czech ... thought it was worth a try!

OK ... Dzien dobry, Kasia ... any chance of a coffee, and some milk for Dragonfly?


The pub is open!

Post 868

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Good Morning everybody!
Oh, and I would be glad if there were some surplus coffee and croissant for me as well, before heading off for a RL meeting with some friends...


The pub is open!

Post 869

Pandora

*Pandora comes crashing through the door with a SLAM* "Ooops...sorry 'bout that! The wind will cut you into pieces out there! Brrr! I'm f-f-f-froz-z-zen to the b-b-b-bone! May I p-p-p-lease h-h-have s-s-some of m-my gr-gr-gr-granny's t-t-t-tea? I'll j-just b-b-be at the f-f-f-fire p-p-p-place t-t-trying t-t-to war-r-rm up!"
*really wants a nice blackberry brandy but dosen't want everyone to think s-s-she's an old lush!* "Ah, my Hell...may I please have a br-br-brandy w-w-with th-th-that? B-B-Black- berrrrry if you d-d-d-on't mmmmmmmind! Did I m-m-mentttttion how c-c-c-cold I ammmmm?!?" *wonders how she'll hold a cup, as she can't fell her h-h-h-hands*


The pub is open!

Post 870

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Uff! Finally I'm back. Sorry I vanished without a word earlier today, but methinks it was because of this h2g2 server problem. Just now I got the horror of my life: as I loged in, my personal space came in Alabastard!!! The longest 5 minutes ever, before it turn in my Goo!

Hi Pandora! My, you are shrivering!

*Kasia rushes to the fireplace, puts some more wood and hands Pan the blackberry brandy, Pan's grandma tea with ... a straw*

Here, you can put the cup at the small table at your side and try to drink through the straw, but be careful, the tea is really, really hot smiley - smiley


The pub is open!

Post 871

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Uff! Finally I'm back. Sorry I vanished without a word earlier today, but methinks it was because of this h2g2 server problem. Just now I got the horror of my life: as I loged in, my personal space came in Alabastard!!! The longest 5 minutes ever, before it turn in my Goo!

Hi Pandora! My, you are shrivering!

*Kasia rushes to the fireplace, puts some more wood and hands Pan the blackberry brandy, Pan's grandma tea with ... a straw*

Here, you can put the cup at the small table at your side and try to drink through the straw, but be careful, the tea is really, really hot smiley - smiley


The pub is open!

Post 872

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

*Engländer starts collecting together his legopieces. Can´t remember how he survived his attack on others with the kill-o-zap without a bad conciance*

Hallo Kasia!
Hallo everybody.

I´d like a porto please. Anyone around with a good story? Í´d like to just sit at the fire and listen, realy would be nice.
*Engländer rumaging about for candles*


Removed

Post 873

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

This post has been removed.


The pub is open!

Post 874

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hi Engläder, Bossel!

Here we go: a porto for Engländer and a PGGB for Bossel. Cheers, guys.

As for the 'Feuerzangenbowle', for the not German speaking folks around here: it's a german punch, very good one, which Bossel brought from our German thread - thank you, dear (I hope, you left something for AXR, Trillian's child and the others? smiley - winkeye


The pub is open!

Post 875

Kes

Dzien dobry, (yet again) Kasia. The German "punch", taken literally, sounds like you heat it by putting hot tongs or a poker into it? Is it like that, or is it a "Gluhwein"? In either event, I'll try a glass. Zum wohl!

... and not that I have any personal interest, you understand ... purely academic, and all that .... but you haven't by any chance seen a cat around here, have you ... 'ne kleine schwartze Katze, vielleicht?

*Kes looks out of the window ... not concentrating on the reply too much*


About to go IRL - may not be able to reply - sorry.


The pub is open!

Post 876

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)



Dzien dobry, Kes. Well, yes this Feuerzangenbowle is like a poker bunch; not tongue (Zunge in German, not Zange). Hey, you seem to know quite many foreign languages, no? well, at last some words then smiley - smiley

That's nice; I would like to lern Italian, for example - maybe you could be my teacher, Kes? smiley - smiley

Oh, and I'm sorry, haven't seen any black cat in here smiley - sadface


Removed

Post 877

Pandora

This post has been removed.


The pub is open!

Post 878

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

[Phillipa]

*Phillipa, the useful niece of mari-rae, comes quietly into the Pub. She stops to pet Gwennie's dogs, Spike, Jess and Kim. She looks concerned at Pandora's shivering and wraps a crocheted afghan around Pan's shoulders.*

There you are, Pandora. May I get you another tea and brandy?

*Without waiting for an answer she goes to the bar.*

A tea and brandy for Pandora, Kasia, and I'd like a small sherry, please. Hello, everyone. My Auntie is running the Tea Shoppe for a bit, and has given me some time off.

*She picks up a Lego piece and looks at it curiously.*


The pub is open!

Post 879

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hello Phillipa!

Nice to see you around. Make yourself comfty, please. Here is the tea and brandy for Pan and your sherry.

Well, I must go away for a while - Self Service then

*flutter of wings - Kasia leave*


The pub is open!

Post 880

Magnolia Thunderpussy, Geisha of the Web

{wanders into the pub and looks around, a little confused about the lego building and apparent foodfight} Guess I'll order a cocktail and see what's going on here. hehehe ALL cat's aren't so soothing, darlin'. Some of us like to make the fur fly smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

The pub is open!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more