h2g2 Post 10.03.05

1 Conversation


Posted: 10th March 2005


 

Here are the notices!

There is so much to get through this week that I will only mention, in passing, that the snow has disappeared here - at least for the moment.

First I would like to draw your attention to the Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture taking place in London tonight! If you attend, you will be able to bid for:

  • 2 VIP tickets to the world premier of Hitchhikers Guide to the
    Galaxy
    , to be held in London's West End. Includes tickets to the screening of the film and the after show party, which will be attended by the cast and crew.
  • Signed copies of the Quintessential Phase Mostly Harmless Episode 1 radio scripts, signed by the cast.
  • Signed memorabilia from the movie, including Tshirts, a Marvin badge and towels.
  • A signed copy of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - signed by the film cast.

All the income from these auctions will go to Douglas' favourite charities; Save The Rhino and the Dian Fosseys Gorilla Fund. More information can be found on the Announcements Page

Next we turn our attention to something which was touched on in the editorial last week. With the recent publication of the Government Green Paper on the BBC now seems a good time to question the role of h2g2 in the grand scheme of things. In this edition you have the opportunity to read an excellent summation of the points raised in the report and also Part One of a four part series examining whether h2g2 fulfils the criteria. Essential reading for those who care about this site!

If you, like many members of h2g2, are concerned about the imminent closure of Get Writing, scheduled to take place on March 24th, then you may find a transcript of a recent discussion on Radio 4's Feedback programme of interest. If you feel strongly about the decisions made regarding our sister site then join the many campaigning for its reprieve over at Keep GetWriting Open.

Last week we featured an article on Gallery 42: The H2G2 Members' Art Gallery. For some reason the accompanying graphics weren't visible so we are featuring it again and you should be able to see them this time around.

Finally, if you want to attend the h2g2 Summer Meet in London then you really need to drop by the Newly Created Unofficial London Summer Meet 2005 page and vote for the date you prefer. Hurry, though, as voting closes on 21st March!

ShazzPRME

 
 
FEATURES
 
 
 
 
FICTION
 
 

 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3474515

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more