A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2581

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It's been raining all afternoon, a lovely gentle soaking rain. I begin to believe that the monsoon has finally arrived.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2582

Afgncaap5

*Idly comes up the stairs, pulling a large barrel with him marked "Magma Toffee"*

Don't mind me, don't mind me...

*Opens a small valve on the barrel, and slides it in the direction of the clockwork dragon's head. He watches the dragon idly sniff the barrel before snapping it and attempting to eat it*

That should gum up its mouth long enough for the service bots to get this all settled. Later, all.

*Departs*


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2583

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - cool
[B4 saunters in, freshly scrubbed, looking dapper in his tawny trenchcoat and emerald green scarf. His battered leather satchel is slung over his right shoulder so it hangs at his left. He's got the cover flipped open and is fussing about with some items inside, shuffling, rearranging, seemingly digging for something specific. He's made it through the door, taken several steps into the Salon, taken a mis-step into the lower seating area because his attention is on the contents of his satchel rather than his travel path, then--jolted from his reverie--he looks up and around. He stops in his tracks, one foot not quite finished making contact with the floor. He sways, puts his foot down, spins on the balls of his feet, and surveys the surroundings. With his right hand he slides his dark shades up his forehead and peers at the Salon.]
smiley - erm
Um… Whose mechanical dragon is this… munching on 'gooey lava'…?
smiley - cdouble
Lil? … Lil! … Oh, Lil! … Did you know you've got a robo-dragon grabbing a snack in here? …
smiley - tardis
[Making himself as inconspicuous as possible, B4 sidles past the metallic beasty by hugging the walls and slipping behind the potted shrubbery. He inches his way down the hall, casting furtive glances behind him, his Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses firmly back in place.]
{mumbling} What the heck is going on around here? I take this huge leave of absence when my whole world is in an upheaval, I come back to the Atelier for to unlax and rewind, and there's all…THIS!...going on… What is in the offing here?
[He continues down the hall until he reaches the Linen Closet.]
smiley - cool
B4therealadventureawaitingusallintheRiftdevelopsintoafullstageproduction


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2584

8584330

*calls after B4*

B4, where are you going in such a hurry?

smiley - sigh

*pours another cup of smiley - tea*


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2585

Dizzy H. Muffin

The linen closet, it would seem.

Man, today was almost chilly. It certainly alternated between various states of dampness. A more-or-less nice change from yesterday, which was boiling hot.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2586

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Same here! Last night this time it was 85ºF and now it's 77. Bliss.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2587

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

76ºF here currently. Supposed to be another hot one tomorrow.

G'night all.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2588

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biker
Some of you may know I've taken up motorcycling again, after a 25-year hiatus. I had that "mid-life crisis" thing happening and I decided to ogle the shiny toys at a Columbia motorsports store. Bought a Plasma Candy Blue Ninja 250cc. One month to the day, and 930.8 miles into my travels, I wrecked out on a curve on my way to work. Rather than freak out and get scared of bikes, I opted to buy another type, a cruiser. I've been enjoying my 1997 Honda Nighthawk (CB750) for a couple of years now. Good stable economical transport in good weather.
smiley - biker
Not so last night. Right at the tag end of my Night Shift, it started to rain. By the time I hit Route CC, it was pouring; when I reached Route O, I was being pelted by 'hard rain' and I was drenched. I ducked into a little Christian 'getaway' camp called Harmony Hill and puttered my ride in under their large open auditorium / stage / vehicle storage coverd awning. I waited it out from midnight to a little past a quarter after, then continued home. It still drizzled on me through the Missouri river bottom, then resumed in full force just before I got to the outskirts of Fulton. When I finally pulled into the garage and stowed my bike, I was wringing out my gloves, hangiing up my jacket to drip dry, and had to up-end my boots to let the water seep out. I had to shed my clothing before entering the house from the garage for fear of "slip-slidin' away".
smiley - wah
Lovely weather. Scorching hot in the daytime; suitable for ducks, frogs, and fish at night.
smiley - laugh
B4imentionhowsquishymybootsstillareeventhenextday


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2589

Rosemary - reincarnated courtesy of BBCiD

[smiley - rose]

Off to put the posters up, as I've called and hunted for Monty smiley - cat, and he's not come home yet, and his mum is quite upset-she's being a very clingy smiley - cat.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2590

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - puffk <- still feeling sick.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2591

Milla, h2g2 Operations

kelli, have you seen someone about this sicky thing? How long has it been going on? Is it all day, or just mornings? Do you eat and sleep as you should?

smiley - towel


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2592

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Since saturday. Feel exactly like I did last time I was preggers with other associated effects too - not totally limiting, but constant low-grade nausea that goes away for a little while if I eat something (which I have to make myself do as don't really fancy anything). If not better by next week (and still negative hpt) I will go to the docs about it.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2593

Beatrice

Finally made it through the backlog!

Too much to say to too many of you, so I think a big group-hug is called for.


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2594

Bluebottle

And quite possibly a cup of smiley - tea...

<BB<


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2595

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Afternoon All smiley - biggrin

Sunny and warm.

Barbers and dentist today in preparation of Danube/Rhine cruise next week. Orfft to Budapest on Monday and slow meander to Amsterdam. BTW where does the Danube meet the Rhine?


104Xth Conversation chez Lil

Post 2596

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Clean cups! Clean cups!
F38024?thread=8253285
smiley - run


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more