A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 541

Phil

Well the bank holiday weekend has started well. It's raining and the forcast is for rain showers over most of the country some thuundery.
Typical really. Guess it means that summer must nearly be over.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 542

Mike A (snowblind)

Well, I'm back from my spot of male-bonding with my friends.

I ain't seen many horror films. Blair Witch Project, It, and now Halloween 4 are the only ones I've really watched properly.
And while none of these films have made me s**t my pants, they've all given me cause to jump and make my heart race (well, that was BWP).
Halloween 4 is a good film, and it's scary as well. Just the sort of subtle horror you expect of the likes of Mike Myers. I ain't seen the others, but from what my friend says the first one must be so shit-scary, after what I seen in no. 4. kick ass!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 543

Babel17

As you say, Phil. Typical bank holiday weather. It absolutely chucked it down at 5am this morning, and I had left my sunroof ajar. Thankfully it was vertical rain and not horizontal as is more usual here in Edinburgh smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 544

Babel17

Sorry Q, simulpost. Glad you liked the film. Halloween original is good, though I havent seen it for ages.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 545

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 546

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Amy is an alabaster user, let's get her opinion. Are the LEDs performing properly yet in that skin? Is it much of an inconvenience for you if threads extend indefinitely?

Yes it is not a bank holiday weekend here. smiley - sadface We're having holiday food for no particular reason.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 547

Joe aka Arnia, Muse, Keeper, MathEd, Guru and Zen Cook (business is booming)

*Slides in from the doughnut stall in another part of h2g2 town, in another part of h2g2 island (of which the town is a tiny part)*

Hi all.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 548

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Hey, Joe.

Looney, no antelope, sorry. The deer and them don't play too often anymore, and the buffalo are mostly caged, and never roam much anymore smiley - sadface We did see flying marshmallows and tortillas at the concert, though!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 549

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Mmmm. Flying marshmallows. smiley - smiley

I'll have a cup of Earl Grey with a little milk please Matina.

Dots on alabaster: I have never had a problem with dots on alabaster. They behave themselves properly. I thought it might be a browser issue but investigations at the Forum and Firkin were inconclusive. Both my browsers work properly with both alabaster and goo. Ændr had two computers side by side (one hers, one Kitty's) both with the same browser but only Kitty had the dot-wrapping problem. Kitty didn't seem to mind.






21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 550

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, in her usual v.e.l.manner*

Hi all!smiley - smiley
I've just listened to the recently continued saga of Blood On Ice, great stuff! Gets a bit chilly though...

Matina, a Y of champagne, please...

Oh, and Lil, I use Alabaster at home (otherwise it takes ages) and I don't think the dots give me any trouble.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 551

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Well, that makes some progress...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 552

Phil

[P]
Hello Joe and everyone else.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 553

Chris Tonks

*Suddenly, in the middle of the room, a bright blue figure appears. As it focuses and goes from blue to its proper colours, it's soon realised the Pr. C. Tonks has just teleported in.*

Ah, hello everyone! smiley - smiley

*looks around him*

I haven't been here before for some odd reason...
Well, I'm here now!smiley - winkeye
I've heard lemonades are popular here. May I have one if possible? Thanks. smiley - smiley

*walks purposfully over to Amy*

Good day. I believe you wanted to talk to me?
smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 554

Mike A (snowblind)

[Kyoo]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 555

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Oh Hi Big C.

It is usual to enter the Salon using the door but I'm sure you'll be forgiven this time.

Lemonade and brownies for the young man please, Matina. And I'll have another cup of tea.

*goes out onto the veranda*

You know Irv, of course. Have you met Titania and Phil()?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 556

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flutter of wings*

G'evening all

Matina, an Irish Coffee for me, please.

Just returned from a fantastic party IRL - lots of dancing to good music. We stayed there over night and before coming back to Warsaw had an amazing flight over Tatry - the beautiful polish mountains (situated in the South of Poland, near to the Slovakia border)


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 557

Chris Tonks

Ah, hello there! smiley - smiley
No, I don't believe I've had the pleaseure of meeting Titania, Phil() or Kasia.
Good day to you all! smiley - smiley
*shaken hands all round*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 558

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Come and sit down and tell us all about your project. I'm afraid Lil isn't here at the moment. I think she may have visitors IRL.

I have updated my Beyond the Map page to include more places I have heard about. Here's the URL: http://www.h2g2.com/A413308

Perhaps Kasia will be able to tell you about some places in the German Village. I know there is a Purple Pool up there but I am not sure what else. I hear your German is good, Big C.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 559

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hi Big C - nice to meet you

*Kasia decides to join Titania at the veranda*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 560

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

My German is very poor. I only know one phrase, and it's an insult. My French is equally poor -- I know many, many phrases, but very few insults.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more