A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 481

Babel17

Hmm. Not so good Phil. Drop by mine anytime for a chat, ok?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 482

Phil

Ok, I know where to find you Mr Featherly smiley - winkeye


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 483

Babel17

smiley - winkeye


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 484

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Good morning, everyone! Looks like I survived another night without getting deaded!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 485

Phil

Mornin' Irv. Is Arizona good today?
I've just come back into the office after a long walk. Boy it's too nice to be stuck in an office right now smiley - sadface


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 486

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes out of studio looking a bit red-eyed* must remember to blink while I'm working, must remember to blink...

Good morning everybody! Ah, I see Styx came by. I wondered if he would be the faithful rat sticking by Quorthon's side, but I guess they are both too independent-minded for that. They both like pork pies, by the way, if you're stuck for something to give Styx when he asks. Quorthon can open the fridge by himself smiley - winkeye

I pretty much agree with Amy, that you can't be deaded without your consent. And maybe that consent is implicit when you sign up for certain threads. Or maybe it should be explicit in writing when a thread is started (Participants are likely to encounter attempts on their life in this thread, which may occasionally be successful</CAUTION&gtsmiley - winkeye.

But I do think it's bad form to interfere with the well-being of somebody's h2g2 creation.

Matina, OJ and some of that apple spice cake, please.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 487

Phil

Hello Lil, still on the Billy trail then smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 488

Titania (gone for lunch)

Matina, a Y of champagne, please!

*sits down to cuddle with Springie, who's missing Ubik, even though she was a bit too active for her*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 489

Garius Lupus

*Runs up the stairs and walks into the kitchen. Hunts around in fridge, then notices foil-wrapped package on counter. Opens package and sees brownies*

Bingo! Just what I needed.

*Gets another smaller piece of foil, takes 2 brownies and wraps them up. Puts the package in his jacket pocket. Rewraps the original package and goes back into the main room*

Hello folks. I agree with Amy, too, about deading people without their permission and would actually extend that somewhat. I have been in lots of story threads and one of the most annoying things is for someone to stage-manage an extended sequence of events. Sometimes it is necessary to put a few filler-type words in someone elses mouth, but some people put whole speeches in other peoples mouth. No one likes being used as a puppet and it is this aspect that is objectionable. The ultimate in this line is to be killed. In the boots and bricks episode that Amy pointed out, I think that NYC actually played relatively fair there. Although the implication was there that he was killing Amy, he never actually said that he had accomplished it. He always said things like "stamps around floor with boots" (or something like that), which left her various options to not be killed (which she took). I think it is perfectly fair (in a story thread) to put someone in as sticky a situation as you can come up with and see how creatively they get out of it. That was what made the origial Bond movie thread so much fun - the constant back-and-forth.

In a similar vein, in story threads, it is also annoying when problems get solved too quickly. It is alot of fun to play around with problems and have lots of people participate before they actually get solved. To set up a problem (and you have to have problems to solve or the stories go nowhere) only to have it solved in some magical way in a single post is a bit disheartening. Um, this is a little off topic, isn't it? Sorry.


Affy and I have never to my knowledge killed anyone in a story thread, or manipulated someone elses actions unduly. Not sure what you were referring to back there. smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 490

Jo (Dead)

*smiles*

Independant-minded... smiley - smiley

Styx is a good rat. He is a good rat for my friend Quorthon. smiley - smiley

Ooh, more cyber-instated marriages! If they can do it I can! smiley - winkeye


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 491

Titania (gone for lunch)

Good night all!smiley - smiley

*drifting off, in her usual v.e.l.manner*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 492

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Uff! Finally I got back.

Sorry, I vanished yesterday without a word, but I was just thrown out by my PC.

Matina, a cafe melange, please.

Very interesting - this conversation about violence. I must admit, that virtual violence in special story threads is okay, but still I can't accept, when this is going to another threads.

Loony: now I understand, what you meant, but as you know by now, English is not my native language, so I'm always eager to learn it better, thank you.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 493

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Kasia, Looney is a veteran journalist, and you can depend upon his command of english. He will never make a mean remark about your fine command of a second language. Like all languages, english has its illogical details, and verb tenses is one of them.

Actually, some verb past tense forms seem to be going out of use in my lifetime. For example, I rarely see 'shone' as the past tense of 'shine' (The sun shone brightly) these days, or 'dove' for 'dive' (He dove into the water). Even 'lit' appears to be being replaced by the ugly 'lighted'.

"Appears to be being replaced..." English! smiley - bigeyes What a tongue!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 494

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

G'evening Lil,

That's very truth, you know.

My main problem is, that I do not hesitate to use a language, although I make mistakes, because I want to communicate.

*sigh* Sometimes I'm just too lazy to look after the grammar...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 495

Phil

Some times we're all to lazy to look after our gramma, so we put her into an old folks home smiley - winkeye

(Phil playing with the way certain words are spoken)

There are a few rather interesting threads on english in it's different forms in the ask H2G2 and the slang entries.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 496

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

This is a nice one, Phil.

*grin*

It's getting late - G'night

*flutter of wings - Kasia leaves*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 497

Mike A (snowblind)

[Q]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 498

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

*replying to something asked of him hours ago*
I can't speak for Arizona in general, but Flagstaff is a bit nippy, concidering it's August.

*back on topic*
Wait... do we still have a topic? Or has the violence thing run its course?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 499

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]

Mission accomplished. Red has a picture of The Raven. http://mcbrideweb.future.easyspace.com/redmachine.jpg


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 500

Researcher 99947

Oui god! That's mighty impressive


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more