A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 581

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in, in haste*

Hi all!smiley - smiley

Quorthon, it probably means one of your somewhere (anywhere) in the text hasn't been closed by a
Better check all your

Sorry, haven't got time to stay, I'll drop by later...

*drifting off, in haste*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 582

Phil

Hi there everybody.
QMike, The Rocky Horror Show (and it's movie the Rocky Horror Picture Show) is a musical which takes all the cliches involved in the 50's B movies and takes them to another level. The mad scientist, the nieve young couple, the alien race, the building of a creature, excess and decadence. Written in the 70's by Richard O'Brien I still think it's funny. You either like it or you don't but you should see it at least once I think.
I'm sure some of the other regulars here would be able to give you other comments.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 583

Chris Tonks

*Pr. C. Tonks walks in, which is odd, considering the technological disadvantages to walking*

Ah, hello everyone! Having a nice day? smiley - smiley
I see an awful lot of people have just signed up for my Project, which can only be good news! smiley - smiley

*spies the lemonade he left on the table the other night. Drinks*

That's needed...smiley - winkeye


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 584

Mike A (snowblind)

Cheers Titania! And Phil, this Richard O'Brien guy wouldn't happen to be the same guy who used to be on The Crystal Maze? He was cool.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 585

Chris Tonks

*Presses some buttons on his Watch, and the air outside the building shimmers slightly as light defuses through the invisible bulk of his space ship, which is incidentally landing. It fails to touch the ground, and instead hovers just above anything to be found in the garden. Pr. C. Tonks respects private property.*

Just a moment everyone...

*He goes into the garden, and into the space ship, where evryone looses sight of him. A few moments later he steps out, the shimmer in the air rises up, and eventually disappears in space, as the space ship took off. Pr. C. Tonks enters the room with a small device in his hands, one of his infamous comms devices which he always uses in the Donut Stall when he can't get there in person.*

Hmmm...there we go...

*He activates it, and places it just under a plant so it won't be easily seen.*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 586

Phil

Yes Richard O'Brien is the fellow who did the crystal maze as well as Rockky Horror.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 587

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

QMike, fans (in the true sense of the word, being short for "fanatics") of the Rocky Horror Picture Show go regularly to see it again and again at midnight showings at movie theatres across the US, and probably in other countries, too. One of the main characters in the film, played by Tim Curry, is a transvestite, and so many of the regulars dress in drag. The others dress as other characters from the film -- which usually means they're wearing very little at all. They scream prescripted audience responses at the movie screen at designated times (for instance, whenever Janet walks on the screen they scream "slut"). They throw specific items -- such as peices of toast -- into the air when the movie seems to call for such a thing. Really, the people I talk to about it seem to enjoy the carnival atmosphere more than the film itself -- which is not scary enough to be horror, too greusome to be comedy, and barely too tame to count as pronography, not to mention the songwritting is terrible. So if you like to be part of the crowd, but still be engaging in underground, alternative, scare your parents type of activities, a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show would be right up your alley.

I can't stand it, myself, but that's beside the point.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 588

Mike A (snowblind)

A totally new experience for me smiley - smiley. Like a football match, I guess. Who cares if Plymouth Argyle get relegated again, let's throw stuff at the goalkeeper!

I'd wondered why I'd kept hearing about this thing so often, in theatres since those 70s. It's so popular they show it over and over again smiley - smiley. Clarse *^_^*

Cheers for telling me then smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 589

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Welcome.

By the way, is there any reason you use a "v" instead of a "u" in your parenthetical?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 590

Mike A (snowblind)

That's the way it's spelt on the Marilyn Manson album. smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 591

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Oh, makes sense


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 592

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

QMike, you need to see Plan 9 From Outer Space.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 593

Mike A (snowblind)

Isn't that another dodgy B-movie? Why do they call them B-movies anyway?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 594

Phil

There is one cinema that I know of in the UK which still does have weekly showwings of the RHPS. The Prince Charles Cinema just off leicester Sq.
Seen it a couple of times at the theatre, never worn anything other than jeans/tshirt type stuff and didn't feel pressured too either - Obviously not a true fan then smiley - smiley


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 595

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Well if you've only gone a couple of times, you're obviously not that much of a fanatic... smiley - winkeye

Anyhoo...

B-Movies, Mike, are different from A-Movies in that they tend to have low budgets, cheesy scripts, and silly acting. The main criteria is that they are not meant to be GREAT or EPIC, but rather, purely for entertainment value. "The Princess Bride", and "Tremors" are examples of REALLY GOOD B-Movies.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 596

Chris Tonks

Then of course you get C and D-movies which you don't want to know about! smiley - winkeye

Luckily though, the only place I've seen them was a planet somewhere over in Andromeda...smiley - bigeyes


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 597

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Yes, those C/D (seedy) movies are trouble


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 598

Chris Tonks

Terrible ordeal...smiley - winkeye

Thankfully, the rulers of that galactic sector over there were sensible enough to place a ban on all exports of the movies...
smiley - winkeye


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 599

Researcher 99947

Spaceballs is perhaps the best B movie of all time


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 600

Chris Tonks

Oh, speaking of media, I'm writing a book in RL about my VR life...which is going to be very good considering who i am in VR...smiley - smiley
Science-fiction of course! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post