A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1961

Bagpuss

[Bagpuss]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1962

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Long distance charges? What decade does he live in? My local calls cost more than my long distance.

Roofer #3 showed up, talked so much I couldn't get a word in edgewise. Seems to know what he's doing though, gave a lot more detail than Roofer #1.

I wonder if I have to gather them all in a room and give a rose or a tiki torch or a golden hammer to the roofer I want to keep while cameras film it for TV.
smiley - dog


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1963

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Cattle prods work for me. smiley - evilgrin


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1964

Sol

Sounds ominous, GDZ. Hope it's something nice.

Well after the nightmare week from Hell last week, my professional life is resolving itself much better this week. Problems A and B have sunk without trace and I really should have trusted problem C to be able to pull its finger out and do the necessary as in fact it did, bless it.

Problem D - which was a whole set of sub problems in itself - has gone from something which looked as though it was going to occupy all my remaining time and patience until the end of the course to getting itself a sick note and removing itself from view. Showing a hitherto unexpected streak of initiative. Which set up an easy solution to the timetabling conundrum of problem E, which in turn turned out to be no longer necessary - nice to see some problems have a brain. Problem F falls under the heading of somebody else's problem and will therefore be ignored, and problem G I don't have to begin to think about til next week. So assuming nobody else starts playing with fireworks...


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1965

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

It's posted, not really all that nice.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1966

Santragenius V

[SG V] Goodnight smiley - zzz


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1967

FG

You would be surprised, d'E. Certain people (usually those of an older age) plunking down thousands of dollars on a vacation to Montana balk at dialing any phone number that is not toll free. Some of them throw a major hissy fit because some rinky-dink mom-and-pop motel in the backside of beyond doesn't have a toll free number. My god, the horror! Having to pay ten cents for a phone call! Ack!


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1968

Eatsmice.

*Diving deep into the backlog. Expecting to come up for air in an hour or so*

smiley - cat


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1969

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1970

J'au-æmne

{[J'au]} smiley - sleepy


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1971

Agapanthus

[Ag]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1972

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I really should not be online. I just got back from the eye doctor and had my eyes dialated. I can't really see all that well and my eyes hurt. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1973

Hypatia

*wanders through in the direction of the library carrying several copies of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince....locks all but one in her desk until Saturday morning*

Excuse me everyone, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a new book to read. Sometimes it's nice being the librarian. smiley - whistle


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1974

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

[G7]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1975

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hypatia, you are mean...just mean. But tell us how it is!

I'm dreading going back into D's room. I've saved the worst corner for last, and I'm just dreading it. It's awful and evil and I'm sure there are dead things back there.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1976

Eatsmice.

2 hours in the backlog smiley - yikes

Belated Happy Anniversary WM.

Had a look at Google Earth, but my area isn't well covered, so a blurry coastline is all there is. Have noticed several towns and villages have the names offset by a mile or so. Zooming in loses the name from the village completely! Ho hum

I hate being harranged, but it's not as messy as being merranged smiley - biggrin

Artwork? Even bigger smiley - yikes . Hmmm.

smiley - cat


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1977

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

> I've never got the chainmail bikini thing... firstly they'd chafe like buggery and secondly how to they expect to protect their vital organs in such a skimpy garment? And there's *no* way such a skinny woman would *ever* be able to comfortably wield a six-foot greatsword.

I was at Texas Renaissance Faire a few years ago, and they had several females in chain-mail bikinis. Those women that were skinny enough to wear something like that would indeed not be able to lift a broadsword. But then again, none of the guys cared whether they had a broadsword or not. They all wore some sort of garment under the chain-mail, so the links wouldn't catch on their... er... skin.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1978

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Has Gwen posted in this thread before today? Is she setting a record for the Cattle Prod I mean, post 1974, wow!


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1979

Mol - on the new tablet

smiley - envy I thought there was a legal injunction in place preventing people who had advance copies of HP6 from reading it before Saturday? I'm sure that's what DH told me earlier today.

I cannot sleep. I have spent most of this week sleeping and resting and being ill (DH has actually been quite worried, bless him). This evening I suddenly had a burst of energy at 9pm and rushed about tidying and sorting out tax forms and declaring the house was a pigsty and how could anybody bear to live in it. It was very rewarding, and I was fine as long as I didn't try to do anything too quickly. But my sleep cycle has been ruined.

I'm also worrying about burglars and car thieves. I really shouldn't pick up Neighbourhood Watch bulletins just before going to bed.

Perhaps I should do another calming virtual-oil-painting.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1980

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I don't think a legal injunction against reading a book would be possible, at least not in the US. A trade agreement might be possible, but then how could they enforce it?

I am impressed that Gw7en has a blank page all her own attached to her calling card. [G7] smiley - wow
smiley - dog


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more