A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2021

marvthegrate LtG KEA

MR, Courtesy, I can't wait to see y'all.

MR I am more than happy to be your stevedore. Courtesy, I hope you did not get that on my account, a sleeping bag and a stretch of floor are more than enough for me.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2022

Hypatia

MR, you might try your local library. I use paperback books a lot here. I put a hard cover on them to help them last longer. The kids don't mind paperbacks and it really helps stretch our budget.

When I get donations of books I don't want I sell them, so either way the library benefits.

Another good place to donate used kids books is the Boy's and Girl's Club. Or to a local home school organization.

At the moment I am hiding in my office. There has been a bit of a snafu on the crafts front. The woman organizing this week's SR program activities didn't plan for as many kids as we have. I am not amused. So I decided it was her problem - let her improvise.

I have a good reason for not doing it. Did I mention that I have a spur in my heel? I am going to have to have it taken out. In the meantime, I can barely put my weight on my foot.I'm not up to spending a lot of time on a concrete floor supervising 100 kids. Besides, I have sent staff to help her in my place.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2023

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2024

FG

I can't remember any of my dreams from last night, so I have no idea if it was something tasty causing Drool Fest '05 or simply me snoring my fool head off.

<< next summer in my home town's lovely old Norman church>> ::sighs in a deeply romantic way::

A Librarian War! smiley - wow Have I missed something? What's going on? Who's winning?


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2025

Mr. Cyde: The Tearer and Master of Bad Jokes.

Gee Marv. It sounds like you have some parents.

*Bring shorts and a windbreaker. I just bought an air bed for you.* Make that grandparents (getting spoiled).

Sounds like MR is a non-drinker like me. I've had occation to drive Marv arround while he was tipsy. He calims to remember everything from when he's drunk, but he doesn't remember much from that night (HEHEHE).

Oh Marv, Don't forget you toothbrush and clean underwear.

I'm sure you'll kill me for this whenever we meet next.

Cyde


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2026

Agapanthus

Ooh, ooh, David B, family weddings snap! My 'confirmed bachelor' uncle has announced that he and his (exceedingly nice) girlfriend are getting married in November. And what is more, that there is an outside chance they'll have a teeny weeny extra bridesmaid or page. At the very least she will be doing a magnificent 'ship in full sail' progress up the aisle. I'm so happy for him! He is so happy for himself. It's all lovely and rosy. And to crown it all she caught my bouquet at my wedding (and I confess I tossed it deliberately at her...)

Kelli - I agree, getting all the bits of paper is SO exciting (and I felt slightly sick, like finally getting to the top of the roller-coaster and realising I've done it now, no getting off... WHEEEEEEEE!)

Anyhow. Boiling hot. Nearly gave myself heatstroke cooking dinner. Time for a very stiff drink with LOTS of ice cubes.

Soothing thoughts for Hyps sore but useful foot.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2027

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Mr. (aluminum) Cyde(ing), consider yourself thwapped. I could contract that out you know. I'm people who know people...

MR loves a beer, don't read too much in to what you read.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2028

Mr. Cyde: The Tearer and Master of Bad Jokes.

Go ahead. I'm always up to destroy an assasin.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2029

Courtesy38

Marv - while your staying at my place prompted me to get off my @ss and get the areo bed, it's something I've been meaning to do. Since it's just me, I don't want a second bed in the house, but I do want someplace comfortable for people to crash on if they happen to stay.

Mr. Cyde, the MR quip was just a relative thing, she drinks, she just doesn't drink as much as me smiley - smiley

Courtesy


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2030

FG

MR's a lightweight. One beer, and she's dancing on the tabletops with *both* a lampshade *and* underpants on her head.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2031

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

And I don't drink and drive, simple as that.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2032

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Heel spur? smiley - cheerup You really must stay off your feet. I looked that up after I served on jury duty ("plantar fasciitis" was the claimed injury), apparently it takes a long time to heal and the most effective remedy is to stay off your feet.
smiley - dog


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2033

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Hey, there's always cabs. That's how I do it if I am going in to Raleigh for a night out...


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2034

Eatsmice.

A "shelf" of librarians? The image that conjures made me smiley - biggrin

Last time I slept on an airbed it slowly deflated while we slept. In the morning it was nearly empty. Strangely though, my back felt fantastic.

Chainmail bikinis! My ancestors made chainmail. Don't think they made bikinis though.

Washing machine just splurged all over our floor again. Off to C***ys and Mrs Eats now happily expecting a new arrival on Monday. Can you believe that after all that glorious weather, its only when the visitors leave that it pours with rain, just when you want to do about twenty washes and hang them out smiley - grr

Soggy smiley - cat


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2035

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I just did a small photo shoot, at the request of my neighbor, of kittens. A couple of them are nice, I think.
http://www.asterlil.com/journal/kits_index.htm


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2036

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Pretty kitties. I see that Abby will have a companion for a while.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2037

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

My statement was unclear. All the kittens are nice, but only some of the photos are really keepers.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2038

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I'm not sure what it is about kittens that makes me go all gushy. I was at a friend's house this afternoon, and he had a kitten that kept sitting on my foot and fighting with my toes. Finally I managed to distract the kitty by turning a paper bag sideways; he of course crawled into the bag and did what kittens do in bags... I'm not sure what it is, but it makes a lot of noise.

> And your houses/flats aren't designed for good air flow. All those interior doors and narrow hallways. A good design for fire safety, but not for heating and cooling.

There's a reason for that, I'm assuming - England's a lot more temperate, but all those houses so close together makes fire a real hazard. I always loved Terry Pratchett's firemen - the rash of fires across the city led to the decision that it was unwise to pay people to put out fires.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2039

Courtesy38

{Courtesy}


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2040

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Someone please explain to me why the hell I am still awake... I have to be on an airplane in 7 hours. I have to be up in 5 and at the airport in 6...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more