A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2041

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Ummmm.... because you laundry isn't done because your washer and dryer suck?


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2042

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

You still awake, Marv? Go to bed!

It's natural. I always end up staying up way too late, then have to get up with no sleep in the morning and drive exhausted to wherever it is I'm going. Sometimes I stay up late getting ready, sometimes it's just anticipation/fretful anxiety.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2043

Sol

[Sol]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2044

Coniraya

I'm addicted to Stars Wars Galaxies, Mr D and my guild is already discussing the proposed Star Trek Online game, down to naming the ship and bagging crew positions. I am keeping my eye on Dark and Light due out at the end of the year.

Aaaaw kittens. We saw some on holiday. We had lunch at a house in a village and all three female cats had the dearest kittens within a week of each other, thanks to the resident tom cat. The kittens were curled up together in a ball of fur, legs and ears, supercute.

Off to the hairdressers, they sent me a discount voucher for my birthday. Just have to find what I've done with it.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2045

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Those kitties are just wonderful!! It's good I don"t live anywhere near, or I'd want to adopt the little marmalade one myself! I love those sweet little ginger striped kittens.

Better get to bed -- got to be at work at 8 in the morning -- it's been a while, hope I'm not out of practice!! smiley - biggrin

SC










d





7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2046

J'au-æmne

I played final fantasy xi online for a bit, but I found that I didn't have enough long periods of time to devote to it (the structure of it meant that even though you could stop when you wanted, you could either be letting a bunch of people down when you did or you could be facing certain death when you logged in again, and although there were things you could do by yourself like fishing, they got very very boring after a while) the only time I had was at the weekend when I wanted to spend time with people irl...

I dreamt about a ginger kitten last night, very like Goldie, among other things. There was also a major criminal in my dream, but she did finally get put in jail before I woke up...smiley - smiley


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2047

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I'm debating whether to get World of Warcraft because I've heard it's ace or wait for Dungeons and Dragons Online to come out... If Game$ Work$hop hadn't decided to pull the plug I'd be able to play Warhammer Online by now (grumblegrumble).


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2048

Agapanthus

[Ag - ugh - mornings]

Ooh, cute kitties!


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2049

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

smiley - wow - kittens!

FG, I don't know who's winning, but the war mostly consists of sniper actions and digging in at the moment. I am mostly hiding.

Eatsmice, I decided some time back that a shelf was the correct collective noun for library staff. A classification is an alternative possibility, but I prefer shelf, precisely because of the mental image associated. smiley - smiley

Ag, yay! I shall join you in a smiley - biggrin

David


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2050

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Morning all. You guys offered me *almost* as much virtual beer as I actually drank. Sadly some git organised the funeral for Saturday (Saturday? Who has funerals on a Saturday?) So I won't be making the London meet.

Fantasy art. There is a very good fantasy artist who steers clear of bit tits and bikinis, but I can only remember his wife's name, Judy Bell, who was a rather famous body-builder.

smiley - ale


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2051

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Morning all smiley - cappuccino

Poor Hyp's foot! You need to get a chair on wheels (to sit on) and a stool on wheels (to put the foot on) and do all of your librarianing from that position - if you need to move then get someone to push or scoot around using your other foot. Wheeeeeeeee!

It is too cold today smiley - cross

The smiley - dogsmiley - dog beasties are getting us in trouble with the neighbours again - barking this time. Next door have come home from a long holiday and are spending all day in their garden. The beasties can hear them moving about and just keep barking at them. Really don't know wha to do about this. The beeper we installed doesn't stop them if the trigger for the barking doesn't go away. Am now considering antibark collars. There are two kinds - ones that spray citronella when the dog makes a noise and ones that give them a shock. I don't like the idea of shock collars smiley - sadface but so far the only one I have managed to find that works on vibration of the throat *and* bark noise is a shocker. Can't have ones that work on noise alone as obivously when one barks the other will also get the shock. I took them for a long walk this morning and have locked the doggy door so they can't get into the garden smiley - sadface which seems rather mean.

I liked 'shelf' as a collective term for librarians smiley - biggrin


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2052

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Mother Dreadful said something last night that caused much laughter to eminate from me and the mrs...

She suggested that we (that is, Mother & Father Dreadful, the Dreadful brother & his fiancee and Mr & Mrs D) all club together and buy a bog house that we can all live in as a family! The very thought seemed incredibly amusing to us...

On a vaguely related note we're thinking that it's about time to start looking at proper grown-up houses what we can buy!


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2053

Agapanthus

Sympathy for the beastie trouble, Kelli. My uncle (the soon to be married one) 'cured' his doggie of barking at the neighbours by getting a water-pistol. He'd sit out in the garden with her and squirt her every time she started barking at them. After a slightly tedious week, she was good enough to be in the garden by herself. She only barked at people coming to the front door or garden gate after that, which uncle found useful, so he let her.

Speaking of unstoppable neighbour noise, my neighbour's kids are driving me nuts. I can't close the windows, I'd suffocate (it is still hot here in London, though so far not as hot as yesterday and we had a bit of a breeze last night). The kids are playing in their garden. Their playing consists, as far as I can tell, of hitting each other with their toys and shrieking about it. The only thing that drowns them out is when the neighbour on the other side, who is building an extension, starts drilling. *runs around in small circles doing one-woman Mexican wave of frustration*.

S is going away for the night. When we lived at my Mum's for a few months six years ago now, he helped out at the village fete. He is now considered indispensible and if he doesn't go back of his own free will, blue-rinsed brigades assault him by telephone and headed note-paper until he gives in. He likes being useful, bless him. But why is it that a certain sort of middle-aged lady will do anything rather than a spot of maths (for the prize-giving point-scores)? And why do they have to have a man come and do it for them? It's only addition, for heck's sake. But they all shriek with dismay at the very thought. Oh well, the hairy viking man from London is a bit of an institution now, and people are beginning to stop referring to him as the tall blonde lady when catching a glimpse of him from the back (yes, it is the sort of village where NO ONE has tattoos, or multiple piercings, or teenage children for that matter (except my Mum, whose household consists of one of each, with poor Mum attempting to look respectable in the middle), and no man has hair that so much as touches his collar.

I am staying here. I have people to Meet tomorrow.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2054

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I may have to try to water pistol - although they seem to like it when I spray then with the hose smiley - erm

Still worth a go before having to resort to shock tactics. smiley - ta

Don't really have time to spend all day in the garden with them at the moment though, will have to try one or two hourly training slots over the weekend, in between planning things...


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2055

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Forgot to say:

The use of 'fxckwit' seems to be spreading- that's one person here and one mate in RL that's picked up on it. Excellent. I do like spreading swear words. smiley - winkeye

smiley - ale


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2056

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I've already been saying f**kwit for years... so much so that I coined f**kwittery as a word do describe amazing acts of idiocy.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2057

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Oh, I wasn't claiming responsibility for coining the expression, not at all. Just noting that I've had a hand in helping it spread smiley - ale.

smiley - ale


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2058

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I wasn't trying to imply that you had! smiley - tongueout I just saw a good opportunity to mention the word 'f**kwittery'.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2059

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

...Which has now been stored in my memory files for use on appropriate occasions. Given the people I work with, there;s bound to be plenty. smiley - winkeye

smiley - ale


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2060

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Some of the warring parties are shouting at each other in the next office...

Probably won't use the interesting new f-word, as I'm not given to bleepage, but will be sorely tempted from time to time.

David


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more