A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 161

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]
*it's nice to leave a proper calling card again*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 162

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Well, B4, I hope you work things out; that was probably enough smileys for the rest of the thread. smiley - winkeye

Ben, why not the cafe for light talk of the day? I think it was good that we all got out a little.

*continues reading the Goleman book, Destructive Emotions*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 163

BryceColluphid

[BC]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 164

Sol

Hope you get it sorted soon, B4.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 165

Coniraya

{[caer]}


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 166

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

dw2, have you been reading Foucault perchance?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 167

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Just got home from the dance club with GDZ and another friend. My pastor met us at teh club for a couple of beers tonight, and we had a nice chat. I tell you, this guy is a keeper. If any protestants come to SLC for any reason I highly reccomend visiting my church to meet Jim.

For the first time since a wedding in August (and the second time ever) we got GDZ to dance. His army boots were perhaps not up to the task, but he had fun (as I am sure he will mention soon).


B4, sorry to hear that your emotions got the better of you. It has happened to me on more than one occaision. Because of my failure to controll my emotions, I have made myself a vow of pacifisim. I have to put that vow first in any altercation.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 168

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 169

Titania (gone for lunch)

[T&R]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 170

Z

[Z]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 171

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 172

GreyDesk

[GD]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 173

Munchkin

[M]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 174

Demon Drawer

Z on the matter of Lesbian sexual education. It applies to all not just Lesbians but for all, it is the matter of sexual aids.

These should not be shared between partners without being thoroughly cleaned, I believe certain products are available in a well known High Street chain for that effect. Nor should they be swopped between orafices on the same person without clensing.

This applies to all aids for sex whether produced or natural (ie animal, vegetable, mineral)


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 175

Demon Drawer

But I'm sure you are aware of that and intend to include it anyway. smiley - winkeye


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 176

Mrs Zen

Just got back from my yoga class, where I almost fell asleep during the relaxation and the meditation. It was very nice, just what I needed, but not what I was there for. My teacher suggested that I create time for deep relaxation at home, and I think that is a good idea. I obviously need that kind of zoning out, but it isn't yoga and it isn't meditation.

We also did a really nice version of the cat posture where the hips and shoulders move back, down and up, giving more movement to the pelvis and upper chest.

This has no direct relevance to anger management, but it does have relavence to self control. Sometimes we have to control ourselves in case we spend too much time in a nice state.

Ben
*off to the Cafe, now, for a gossip*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 177

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Ben, I think that does effect anger management. Someone who is relaxed and takes time to do any exercise, but especially yoga, will be less likely to fly off the handle in my opinion. I know simply paying attention to your posture can make you feel better, and when you feel better you don't get angry as quickly.

I keep intending to sign up for yoga classes, and never do.
smiley - dog


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 178

Hypatia

I'm off to Springfield for a workshop. By evening I will know more about why partnerships between libraries and civic organizations go wrong than I really want to know. smiley - laugh But, if in future, any of you need information of that sort, I will be able to supply it.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 179

logicus tracticus philosophicus

[ltp]
ben i normaly reserve time for deep relaxation just before i go to sleep ,definatley a good time before and dureing a bath,there are several times dureing the day when five or ten minite top ups can be taken (loo breaks) or M25 hold ups okay you run the risk of smiley - sillyholding up the traffic yourself if you achieve "nirivana" or total immersion .


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 180

Seth of Rabi

B4, I hope you and your better half managed not to let the sun set on your wrath smiley - smiley. Anger management within marriage is really, really difficult. You know each other too well, have all the negative buttons ready to fire at a moments notice, and disengaging quickly with dignity is just not available in most circumstances.

Lil made special mention of domestic violence in her intro, and I thought at the time that this really is a special case - hardly a typical example of social interaction. On a number of occasions when this subject arose, my mother would get quite mysterious and say words to the effect that what went on behind closed curtains was between man and wife alone. Not that my father was a wife-beater or anything, far from it, but for their generation, marriage was for better, for worse, 'til death do us part. Even unsatisfactory marriages were expected to be made to work and that can mean dealing with some very dark demons.

It's important I think for both parties to be very clear and open about which subjects each finds difficult to cope with - money, in-laws, previous relationships, whatever, and either ban them from discussion entirely, or restrict their introduction to particular times/locations etc (eg bedroom). It is also useful to have a rule that the party introducing the touchy subject must first pay an agreed forfeit up front - (establishing a non-troll starting position for positive gameplay!). You do feel a bit of a prat asking your wife if its ok to go for a drink with the lads later, whilst wearing nothing but a pair of pink fluffy mittens, but what the hell - maybe you'll decide that there's better things to do than go down the pub smiley - winkeye



Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more