A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 101

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

He's given the names of all the group in photo #72. I can die happy now. Affy knows why. smiley - silly

The library is gorgeous, Hyp.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 102

Witty Moniker

Affy's true self is not at all unlike what I had imagined! smiley - wow


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 103

Phil

So that is Affy. I do now want to see bedouin Affy with just the eyes from under a headscarf.

Did I ever tell you about the time I saw some real Toureg desert nomads playing the blues? Ok so it was only in Reading not anywhere really exotic (as if Reading wasn't exotic, ha!) at the Womad world music festival. The band is Tinariwen and they were doing a small set on a small stage and you could see them wearing the big brightly coloured headscarfs and imagine them wrapped round their faces in the desert heat.
Cracking tunes even if I couldn't understand a word of what they were singing about.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 104

Sol

Happy birthday, Caer! smiley - ok Here's the latest thing in lightsabres, and it come's in pink too if you'd rather.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 105

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 106

Agapanthus

Happy Birthday Caer! I give you... socks! Yes! Ninja socks! With that really fine ultra-strong wire threaded into a special secret pocket so you can whisk it out and climb tall buildings and leap from tree to tree and stuff.

*Admires photos smiley - bigeyes*


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 107

Phred Firecloud

The library was a great surprise...Imagine refurbishing an original gift from Andrew Carnegie, finding matching non-existent rocks for the exterior, humping all the books into banana boxes, refinishing all that lovely woodwork, keeping the computers running and putting up with the evil smellfungus...all with 14 months...Thank Bob its over...


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 108

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hi Phred! Glad you've come over to the atelier. Welcome, a-welcome.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 109

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Happy birthday, Caer!

Great pictures, Phred. *waves*


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 110

Lady Chattingly

Hi all,
Hyp asked us to post when we arrived home. Since we are probably the closest--just wanted to let everyone know we arrived home safe and sound around four pm. We would have been earlier, but we had to make a Wal Mart run for smiley - dog food. Gus is nearly out. Can't have that.

I also took some pictures, but alas, left my memory card at home on my desk, so had to buy a point and shoot. We left it for printing and disc making. Hope to have something to share soon.

Hyp did a tremendous job planning and executing this meet. Lord C. and I felt we had met several kindred spirits. The hootooers who were there are a great bunch of folks.

The bearded cousins showed the graciousness and welcoming spirit of hillbilly hospitality. (Of course I can say that--they are my bearded cousins too.)

Enjoyed the conference call with Lil and Marv. I really wish you all could have come.

In fact, I would have liked it if we had so many there, we would have had to bunk you all in the high school gym. smiley - biggrin Maybe next time.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 111

Wilma Neanderthal

Wonderful photos!

*gives Caerwynn a smiley - gift of sane weather*

*waves to Phred*

[Wilma]


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 112

FG

I say a round of applause for the organizers and attendees of the Hillbilly Meet! Hear hear!! smiley - applause


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 113

mikerhike - guardian of the wa, and now also of WA

smiley - applause

Caer: Wasn't sure what to get you, so, smiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cakesmiley - cake

(ready sliced)


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 114

Hypatia

Hi Ho everyone. Bagpuss and I spent the afternoon touring caves. One n Missouri and one in Arkansas. The Missouri cave was much nicer. smiley - biggrin But he Arkansas one is said to have buried treasure left ehre by Spanish consquistadores. It is a plausibel story and we both completely believed it. smiley - tongueincheek

Anyway, I took him up in the mountains. We stopped for lunch in a mom and pop cafe in Gravette, Arkansas that had typical fare. I had chicken fried steak and Bagpuss had the salisbury steak, which was a new experience for him. It wasn't the best food, but it was edible.
Barely. But since he had never had it before he didn't know what it was supposed to taste like. That can be an advantage.

Then I got a speeding ticket on the way back. smiley - cross I was too busy talking to pay attention to the speed limit sign. Went through a one horse town just as the single cop was finishing his donut. But what the hell. We made his day. A real, live Englishman to chat with.

Tomorrow I plan to take him to both Kansas and Oklahoma, so he can add to the list of states he's visited.

Sol, congratulations. smiley - hug

I'm off now to fix some supper. I'm looking forward to a lazy evening.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 115

Hypatia

Good grief!

Adds an i
Adds a t
Adds a t and reverses an eh
REverses an el


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 116

Bagpuss

I think Hyp was talking to me instead of paying attention while she posted.

I bought a geode at the Missouri cave's giftshop. I'm going to wait until I'm home before cracking it open.

Happy birthday Caer.

*waves to Lady C*

Nice meeting you.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 117

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 118

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Congrats, Sol, to you both!!

Let's see, one, two ... do these things happen in threes?? smiley - winkeye

SC


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 119

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Good night all.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 120

Sol

Morning!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more