A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 61

Ben

Oh, how *exciting* Sol. smiley - boing

Damn! No key for me, either. smiley - sadface That'll learn me.

There was a lovely piece on the radio today about a Street Piano in Sheffield.

http://www.streetpianos.org/Story.htm

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71313784@N00/

smiley - magic

B


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 62

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Mornin All,

Belated thanks to Wilma for her top drawer smiley - biro. Thanks Lil, what an interesting key, tucks in secret wing pouch for later. smiley - bubbly to Sol, seems like the Salon has a new generation coming along. Have to start thinking about a cretch thingy extension.

Big wave to the biggest Internatinal event currently going off smiley - zzzsmiley - zzzsmiley - zzzsmiley - zzz Huh, oh right, post firework lie in.

Huh how come I'm here, what patch. Right on with the day, weather's far too good for work so I'm off, pottering etc.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 63

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Morning... Overcast in Swindon with threats of big storms, but still too bloody hot!


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 64

Coniraya

Huge thunderstorms woke me this morning, they are still rumbling around and I shall take the lonw way round to my pilates class this morning. The usual route is over the hills in high sided lanes and no room to move if a branch comes down.

Congratulations, Sol! smiley - bubbly


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 65

Santragenius V

And Happy B'day, Caerwynn smiley - smiley

smiley - gift <- A nifty little fold-out thunderstorm shield to keep you safe and keep you warm, shelter you from darkness smiley - smiley

(and an extra smiley - bubbly to those catching the musical reference smiley - winkeye)


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 66

Phil

Congratulations Sol smiley - hugsmiley - smiley

What a delightful story Ben.

Accepts key and spends time admiring it's rather detailed and intricate functional end.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 67

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*manages to steer his sack into the Salon, and after a bit of wriggling, makes it out*

Did I win?

Oh. Never mind.

smiley - boing for Sol. smiley - smiley


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 68

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Big booms over berkshire this morning too, apparently the first strike I saw this morning actually hit something and set it on fire - so was the cause of the sirens I heard shortly after...


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 69

Wilma Neanderthal

Weird weather today.

We couldn't sleep for the heat and humidity. The children finally dropped off after mignight, moaning. Trog had brought in a dehumdifier (from work) that has a cooling function. We turned it on at 7pm and it registered the temp at 32C. By 2am it was 28 smiley - yikes Then I sat bolt upright at 6:30. It sounded as though someone had dropped a bomb on the house. The curtains actually moved. So for the next house till we had to get up, we had two trembly melty steamy kids in with us smiley - puff It is so hot and humid there is a haze. Having dropped off the children at school, I stopped for a coffee and the headlines are full of it. A boy was struck by freak lightning, a terrace of houses were set on fire and 40,000 commuters were stranded when the sugnalling or somesuch on the trains was hit.


Cor smiley - bigeyes hasn't the weather changed in the last 30 years smiley - yikes

*waves to Sol's prawn and tells it to stay put*

*gracefully accepts praise smiley - blush*

*waves enviously at the Meeters again*


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 70

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*sits eating a peach* I bet you thought that wouldn't work smiley - winkeye.

It is still warm here but tolerable. I got to sleep last night eventually but only after spraying my pyjamas with a plant sprayer* and standing in front of a fan for half an hour.

* just water, not high potash feed. I am unlikely to flower now.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 71

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Thunderstorms threatening here, but nothing actually happening. The pigeons look more ruffled than noraml though, so I suspect it may well happen soon.

smiley - ale


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 72

Santragenius V

Wonder if the UKIan thunder is part of what has been rumoured by the met people to happen here Thu-Fri...


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 73

Ben

If the pigeons are looking flustered, it is possible that we should actually start to worry:

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

B


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 74

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

smiley - smileysmiley - laugh

I'm really hoping for a storm because:

a) they're cool
b) sleeping is getting very, very hard in this humidity


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 75

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

/* Gathers up all the spare sacks. */

If the state budget crisis isn't solved soon, we might need these for clothing. We've hit the media-fixation point - the casinos are closing. Personally I think there are more important consequences, like 40,000 people out of work.

Blech. It's humid here too.
smiley - dog


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 76

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

And congratulations, Sol smiley - oj
smiley - dog


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 77

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I have just been to buy some Fish and Chips for lunch, yes I know, it is soooo English! Although the weather has been around 30c mark the Chip shop wasn't that hot.
I then went to buy some pickled onions to go with it, I simply cannot explain just how hot the small shop was!! I would say around 120-130f, we had a 100f day around a year ago and the shop was MUCH hotter than that.
I think the problem is that the shop is small and one complete longest wall of shop is full of tall refrigerated units for drinks, food, etc.
I personaly believe that what is happening is the weather is warm so the refrigerator units are working hard to keep items at correct temperature, the front of fridges are open so the cold is getting out, But as the shop is so small the waste heat from fridge motors is filling shop with hot air, so the fridges are working even harder to keep the food, etc cold, which naturally makes the fridges work even harder which produces yet more heat, which again makes the fridges work harder to keep cold....presumably the refrigerator units will simply stop from being overworked eventualy!


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 78

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

So much news! Congratulations now to Solnushka who, together with Kelli, will be sharing a whole new experience. We'll all do breathing exercises with you. Lamaze classes right here in the salon.

Amy, how long will the move take? Will there be an ant blackout?


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 79

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Yep congats to those expecting.
.
What I forgot to mention about the hot shop is the jar of pickled onions was as hot as a cup of hot tea! That was really strange and bizar.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 80

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

That sounds like a really BAD feedback loop.

I wonder what's happening in Webb City this morning? smiley - bigeyes


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more