A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

SE

*comes into the salon in a sack... actually, no, that's just a robe*

i am here to report that FG's jam was not, as some would have it, nasty - it was quite good and there is hardly any left in fact.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

Afgncaap5

In Webb City, people are slowly, regrettably, preparing to depart. I'm around until my cell phone finishes charging, and then I'll probably stand around in a circle with all the other remaining researchers discussing any topic that comes to mind.

Oh, I'd also like to report that I came in at a close third in the first croquet match, and was actually in the lead for a good part of the second. Considering that I've never played it before, I feel pretty pleased with the whole thing. Maybe I'll win my third game, whenever that is.

No one took me up on my Mancala challenge, so I'll just have to remain shrouded in mystery for the time being.smiley - winkeye


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

The meet is over? smiley - yikes I was just getting into the swing of things.

Lil, I smiley - anticipate a blackout from lunchtime on Monday 17th to teatime on Tuesday 18th, Quirm Time.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Afgncaap5

It's not "over" so much as it is slowly winding down. I'm going to be leaving Webb City any moment now, but some people will be staying longer. Bagpuss is staying until Friday, I believe, not sure about everyone else.

I've got just enough time for one sight-seeing event....do I go to Meramec Caverns where Jesse James had his hideout....or do I go to the world's largest Precious Moments museum? Hmmmm....


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Jesse James! Jesse James! smiley - biggrin I'm all for outlaws, bearing in mind that, in the 19th century there was a big difference between an outlaw and a criminal.

Mercury Retrograde -- one interesting thing it can be GOOD for is getting things right that have been incomplete or frustrated previously (and Kelli's right, it is not an automatic harbinger of Doom). So just now, I have received a phone call from a realtor just down the road who noticed that my listing has expired with the current realtor, and she might even have an interested party.

I look on retro Freddie as a time to retreat a little, and go over material that needs editing or revamping. I hope to make a lot of progress on my monograph about the Billy tintype.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

Agapanthus

I was woken by the very self-same massive storm that woke Wilma and family. And commuting into town was MISERABLE. As was commuting back out again. And it's so humid that I feel like I'm sitting at the bottom of a warm bath.

And there are building works at the Library. My head is caving in. I think I shall go and put it in the fridge.

*Nips back in to hug Sol, and trots off again*


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

FG

My vote's for Jesse James!

Congrats Sol! smiley - bubbly And happy birthday Caer! smiley - gift

Thanks for reminding me, Sporky. My strawberry jam wasn't nasty. I just had a little foam problem.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Bagpuss

We now have a much-reduced crowd in Webb City. Just me, Hyp and Xantief. We're going spelunking later today, though I think Xantief has decided to rest all day.

The fireworks were fun. I reckon some of them wouldn't be allowed in the UK. They have great big things which contain 25-50 fireworks that go off one after the other. Why don't we get those?

I'm staying until Friday - I was going to leave Thursday night, but we're going to take a trip to St. Louis, which is much more convenient for the Greyhound buses.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Oooops, meant to say hippo bathday to Caer smiley - gift <- it is a device for the car that ensures good weather whenever you have the roof off smiley - biggrin


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I am being badly Freddied today. Suddenly I can't send outgoing emails from my Quirm account. The computers at Ephebe are refusing to talk to me. My work computer decided that just had to restart just minutes before an online conference. I've left the document I urgently need on the hard drive of the Mac in the Nest. Arrrggghhh! *shakes tiny fist at the firmament*

And then I had one of Those Conversations with a student.

Student: I don't know why the others in the class can't see my website, I can see it.
Me: Are you sure it's in the public drive.
S: Yes
Me: Open an Internet Explorer window.
S: My computer is turned off.
Me: Turn your computer on and open an IE window
S: My computer is on
Me: Type in [URL]. What do you see.
S: This webpage is not available
Me: That's what everyone else is seeing. Can you open the first page of your website?
S: Yes. I can see it.
Me: Are you looking at it in IE?
S: No. FrontPage. But I can see it in IE. Hang on. Right, I can see it.
Me: What does it say in the address bar?
S: file://C/...

At that point I banged my tiny head against the desk.






87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

tartaronne

smiley - puff
I'm not really here. Haven't yet finished catching up with the former conversation.

smiley - run

*A calling card with a magical link flutters to the floor*

smiley - winkeye

[ F2011264?thread=3225076 ]


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Bagpuss - things about the size of a milk crate, you mean? Between 25-50 shot? We do get them in this country - Cosmic Fireworks make them. My Dad had a couple last Guy Fawkes night.

smiley - ale


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

Coniraya

Thank you all smiley - biggrin


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Matina brings out a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for Caerwynn's birthday*


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

tartaronne

Go on, have a look at Phred's photos from the hillbilly meet. (The link above).


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

tartaronne

And a happy birthday, Caerwynn smiley - smileysmiley - giftsmiley - bubblysmiley - cracker


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Happy B-Day Caer. I hope that you get some good smiley - redwine this evening with K.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - bigeyes Do we have the names of all those hootooers?! The line up in #76 is *just* too small for me to read the names on the t-shirts...

Bob's rock is looking great Hyp smiley - ok although I always picture it with a pair of feet sticking out from under it (belonging to the wicked smellfungus of the west).


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

tartaronne

A bit further down in that thread, Xantief has written the names of the people in the group. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more