A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 161

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

By the way, we need a scribe for this conversation.

What gives my land such value is the zoning. It's the last piece of virgin land left in the 'A' zone of the historic district, which means one is protected from permanent 'mobile' homes, commercial development or anything that wouldn't fit in with the architecture of the town. The water rights help, too.


Last night I took some canned food over for the cats, and fed them on the neighbor's porch while the dogs were penned in the kitchen, watching through the screen door. This nearly broke Annie's heart, Annie being the ugliest lapdog in Lincoln County, the one who sneers at me when no-one else is looking. She is phenomenally greedy and will eat the cats' dry food before her own, thus securing herself two meals.

Once the cats had had their fill, I reserved the contents of one plate for Amy the Munchkin cat, then let the dogs out. Annie ate everything she could, then tried to jump on the shelf with Amy. smiley - rolleyes

So earlier today I let everyone into the paddock for some exercise and fresh air, and I took with me a handful of biscuits. Once I was at my perch on the trough, I dstributed biscuits to all 4 doggies. Annie dropped hers, put a paw on it, then pretended she hadn't had one yet!


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 162

Agapanthus

If there is a 'things happening in threes' going spare, I'd be delighted to be number 3. So there.

*Waves to healingmagichands*

Ben - I'm planning on going to the London meet. And am beginning to feel faintly nervous as all these people keep NOT being able to go...

I have come home from work early with a splitting headache (it seems to be obeying the magic of the pills now, thank you for asking). What is it about commuting with headache? It was like trying to get home by swimming through jello. It seemed to take hours and hours and hours.

I think a nice cup of tea and a lie down is in order.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 163

Z

I'm going to the london meet, and it will be really great to see you!


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 164

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*joins Ag for a cup of tea and liedown* I just got Freddied. I emailed my contact in Santa Fe to find out whether my check was in the mail, for an invoice that I HAND delivered to a commissioner who works in Santa Fe.

Looks like the commissioner completely forgot about it, for the past two weeks, judging by the email to the commissioner from my contact, that was copied to me. smiley - sadface Let's see what sort of magic she can pull off before the Standing Orders show their teeth.

And I have Post Awful hours this afternoon. It seems like that's the job that's keeping me afloat of late!


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 165

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I do wish you luck on the sale of your proppity Lil. It'd be good to hear some good news for a change.

I have a performance review in a few minutes that I am not looking forward to. It's a pain to have to deal with other people's expectations when all I want to do is do my job...


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 166

healingmagichands

Lil, I have visited the floor plan and I think that the corner room next to room M would be the perfect site for the work-out room/spa. Of course, there will have to be a time/space continuum jump in this room, or a tessaract, to make it possible to have all the features necessary to serve such a varied community, but I am sure that this is well within the capabilities of the bots.

There should, of course, be a locker/shower room that has a nice sauna and a steam room off to one side. Next to that should be a massage room. Pregnant women benefit greatly from regular massage during their pregnancy. It helps alleviate the aches and pains, keeps them detoxified, relieves stress, prepares them for delivery. Of course, all other people also benefit from regular massage, so there HAS to be a nice massage room. It must be large enough for two tables to be set up so that couples massage can be done when needed. The actual workout room should have a recumbent bike, two state of the art tread mills, a stair master, an elliptical trainer, and a rack of free weights (dumbells). There should be 1/2 pound, 1 lb, 2 lb, 3 lb, 5 lb, 8 lb, 10 lb, 15 lb, 20 lb, and 25 lb dumbells available on this rack. There should be ample floor space for stretching and yoga. There must be a rack of yoga mats on one wall. One of the inner walls of the room should have wall to wall floor to ceiling mirrors installed. On another wall should be the flat screen monitor that links the workout room to the salon and the library so that people who are exercising are able to participate in the conversations. Also, there should be a swift gate installed in order to connect the workout room to the hot tub area.

If anyone has any other suggestions about the workout/spa room, please feel free to add them.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 167

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Please, not the mirrors smiley - groan My gym is full of them and I have discovered that what I don't want to see while I'm working out is my purple sweaty face and what I *really* don't want to see is the reflection of my own enormous bottom wiggling about! There are two machines in my gym that I will wait for, even if the identical adjacent machines are available - one bike that has a pillar in front of it and the x-trainer that has a tv screen in front of it - I can't see myself on either of these...

Actually, on a rethink - I use the gym more than enough IRL without needing it here so put up as many mirrors as you like smiley - ok

I like the sound of the massages though!


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 168

SE

hmm, there is already a sauana around here... perhaps some sort of clever engineering brainstorming should take place to benefit


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 169

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

They would only be virtual mirrors anyway, Kelli. You will look like you think you should.

magichealinghands, our landlords (Affi and Garius, of Crater Labs, Inc.) are masters of extraordinary technology. One of their most successful innovations has been the Infinite Capacity generator. I think it's a generator. Affi is bound to set me straight. smiley - smiley Anyway, it does something akin to the effect you get when you step into the tardis.


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 170

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Don't think they'll work for me Lil - when I'm working out I *should* look purple and sweaty. I just don't want to see it! Besides, there'd be no point in them being there at all if they don't show the reality of the situation.

I have always wondered what the obsession is with the mirrors in gyms - I know why they should be in the free weights area and near some of the treadmills (but not all of them), but who, other than the most narcississtic* of people, actually wants to watch themselves on a bike, or an elliptical trainer?

*that looks like too many esses


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 171

Ben

Welcome magichealinghands

Evenin' all. smiley - biggrin

B


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 172

healingmagichands

How about mirrors near the free weights and yoga/stretching area since you really need to watch your form when you do those activities. the rest of the mirrors can be virtual mirrors that show you as you want to see yourself. When Kellie is working out the virtual mirrors can show her sweating and panting as she should be when working hard, but only beautiful sweating and panting - no purple bloated faces. And of course they could also be engineered so that when you want to see yourself working you can and the rest of the time they are a window into the garden. I'm sorry, I just *can't* allow televisions in the workout space. If you need beguiling, take part in the conversation in the salon via the two way flat screen monitor.smiley - biggrin


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 173

Phred Firecloud

Here are a few more pictures from July 3rd...the day before July 4th..most of these are of Hypatia's garden and fruit trees...with a few people sprinkled in...

3rdhttp://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=551937550


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 174

healingmagichands

The unidentified flowers are day lilies, the strange flowers are echinacea purpura (purple coneflower)

Great pictures, Phred.

Isn't Hyp's garden beautiful?


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 175

FG

[fg]


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 176

Ben

That should be "healingmagichands" of course - *hangs head in shame*


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 177

healingmagichands

Oh don't worry about it. If you want to get all caught up in spelling go over to Calling all Pedants. Besides, I've been called a lot worse!smiley - biggrin


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 178

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hi magichealing hands. It is good to meet you.

Have you any experience of massaging ants. It's just that I have a dreadful crick in the ant-equivalent of a neck as a result of spending several hours putting together a glossary for the technically challenged.

*pulls on antennae in an attempt to get her tiny head back into its proper place*


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 179

Ben

Is "Spy" the Miner formerly known as "Spynx"?

I *wish* I'd known he'd be there. I'd have sent embarrasingly fulsome messages. smiley - blush


87Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 180

healingmagichands

Amy, stop pulling your antennae and get up and walk around, roll your head around a few times and then go join Lil and Agapanthus for a nice smiley - tea and a smiley - zzz Better yet, take a break every hour when you are on the computer and walk around and then maybe you won't get a crick in that elegant necksmiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post