A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

In fact, the lutefisk was so good that

Post 201

Coniraya

The men folk on my side of the family all have problems with shoes, Phil. My Dad had to resort to having shoes made, all though expensive, they lasted for years.

Z, I am sorry, I wasn't terribly sympathetic last night, the family will tell you that this hot weather has been making me distinctly tetchy. It is a shame to not be able to make use of the experience you have gained with the LGB group, but I do understand how you feel about admitting the changes in you life. Is it possible to avoid actually giving the name of the group whilst still being able to enter the relevent skills on the application form?

Hypatia, I'm glad the dentist visit went well and that Frank got over that hurdle. Should he need to go again, I hope is able to be a little more relaxed about it.


In fact, the lutefisk was so good that

Post 202

Phil

Well that was an interesting half hour. Standing around outside while a fire alarm went off! I guess it was one of the builders as the firemen didn't hang round for long.


...it was incorporated with...

Post 203

Titania (gone for lunch)

Odd coincidence - I'm just back from hanging around outside our office building - because of a fire alarm (false)


the International Lutefisk Association (ILA) summoned...

Post 204

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I have very small feet. I think that is why I hate jogging as a form of exercise. It hurts when you keep pounding all your weight into such a small space.
smiley - dog


they wrote a song about it

Post 205

Hypatia

MR, you have my deepest sympathy. I've thought for years that the shoes coming out couldn't possibly get any uglier, but they always manage it. Do you have someplace to buy Naturalizers? They still make a fairly comfortable plain pump that is ok to wear with slacks or skirts either one. OUr Naturalizer store closed. smiley - cross

I hate buying sandles. My instep is very high and every tme I find a pair that I realy like, my foot won't fit under the straps. I have small feet and it's hard sometimes to find my size. Some catalogs start women's shoe sizes at 7. I wear 5 1/2.


In fact, the lutefisk was so good that

Post 206

Z

Hi All,,

MR as I stayed at the same university whilst I changed all my univerisy records have changed, if someone wants to request records from previous to university, which to be honest is unlikely after six years here I'll just have to squiggle out of it somehow! Fortunately I have a very sympathetic senior tutour who managed to delete my old name from all files, though not from people's memories. I changed bettween second and third year of a five year course as a year out.


In fact, the lutefisk was so good that

Post 207

Z

Caer, I didn't find you unsympathetic at all. After some thought I've decided to refer to it as "A guild of students standing committee" and cross my fingers. It is after all only a part time job, that I have a year more experience in that most of the other applicants will have done!


Iwhich reached No 1 in both the UK and US

Post 208

Coniraya

smiley - ok Z. Also it would be a useful way to test the water and a Doctor that can also organise is always an advantage smiley - winkeye

Although it is still hot, the temperature is lower than the last few days, 31 instead of 35 and there is a breeze blowing.

Cassie smiley - cat is feeling a lot happier and is expressing it by chasing after butterflies and, unfortunately, rather successfully. The next thing we know is that smiley - catsmiley - cat will not only be taking the blame for the demise of sparrows (although I blame the magpies and crows) but also butterflies.


Iwhich reached No 1 in both the UK and US

Post 209

Z

Glad that you're cooler, it helps to be somewhere air conditioned during the day that I find. I think I'd better use my organisational skills to something a little more CV friendly... a few minutes ago I was recurited into a group that teachs local children sex education!


which was what inevitably led to Matina's kidnapping

Post 210

Garius Lupus

[smiley - fullmoon]


by a mysterious Norwegian cult of....

Post 211

Witty Moniker

[WM]


[Still not keeping up]

Post 212

Munchkin

A techy question. My desktop firewall is pinging away like a good one today and the last couple of days. I keep blocking the probes but they keep coming on different methods. What is the best way to trace the IP address till I see where they are coming from (if anywhere useful) till I work out what may have set it off?
Cheers.


cooks [to maintain continuity]

Post 213

Garius Lupus

[smiley - fullmoon]


angry because they didn't have their own tv show

Post 214

Hypatia

[Hyp]


It seems there is a secret organisation of lutefisk chefs...

Post 215

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[LIL]


who were responsible for a rash of

Post 216

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hypatia, come out here. With the Asian population in Orange County, there are TONS of size 5.5 shoes! I'm going to go to a shoe warehouse later today, and see if I can find anything. The pink high tops are great, but not exactly teaching material.

Sigh...I thought I hated bra shopping the most. I think what I really hate is shoe shopping.


It seems there is a secret organisation of lutefisk chefs...

Post 217

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I have long narrow feet and have never been able to purchase stuff off the rack, not without bad consequences. But if you can find a dealer in SAS shoes, you might find the comfortable, well-made, conservative style you appear to favour, as do I. SAS make nurses' shoes, but they have branched out into "sensible" shoes for public use.

At the moment I live in Ecco sandals or a pair of Lands' End ankle boots,

I think the demise of the specialist shoe store is tragic. The shoe areas in department stores are manned by general clerks who probably think it is the worst gig in the store. I have only seen those horrid pointy shoes in magazines, as nobody could wear them up here.

Z, I haven't posted on your problem, if that's the right word, because you've had advice from others that I agree with. And what I know of you suggests that you're a sensible sort anyway. Trust your judgement!


who were responsible for a rash of

Post 218

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Lil, I really dislike SAS shoes...they make my feet look like Elmer Fudd's head. I have smallish feet (7-7.5), but they're really wide, perhaps from years of wearing either birkenstocks or nothing. I really HATE shoes. If nothing else, I like CA for that. I have three pairs of shoes I wear regularly...birks, stan smith tennis shoes, and my chaco sandals.

So the idea of dress shoes, well. But the birks don't look right with my skirts.


who were responsible for a rash of

Post 219

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have a hell of a time finding shoes that I like. My feet are UK15 US16 EU53. Doc Martens or Vans for normal wear, but sandals during the summer. I have a pair of Kenneth Cole (sorta) dress shoes as well.


who were responsible for a rash of

Post 220

Mr. Cyde: The Tearer and Master of Bad Jokes.

I usually wear Hiking Boots but recently decided to buy a pair of "chucks" (converse) black high tops like I used to wear in high school (okay its a pre mid life crisis). Deer Stags for dress.


Key: Complain about this post