A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1141

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

It must have been a good night for dreams. I dreamt about bathroom fittings smiley - weird. I think a tv programme yesterday evening about a bunch of cowboy builders putting a bathroom into student accommodation triggered some connections in my brain. I spent all night carrying my smiley - towel around looking for a decent shower.

I don't know which fictional character I am like but I did identify with Emma Thomson's role in a TV play called Wit in which she played an academic who was suddenly struck down by an illness. In her case it was fatal whereas mine is just chronic but there were many resonances. Being unable to outsmart something is a bit of an eye-opener. I cried all the way through the programme.


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1142

Sol

smiley - hug for Amy. In toughing it out, though, you are a champ.

Yes, that's me, sporky. Well, allright, not always entirely, but really, a good match. I tell you, I saw my future stretching before me in that film.

I've been dreaming a lot cos my sleep patterns have been changed cos of a new schedule. Last night I was dreaming about work, as I had done somthing as a hanger on in the retinue of a queen (Judy Dench, incidently)who was involved in some kind of negotiations, which made her look bad, and incidently unfairly jepodised the position of a dispised rival, which was irritating. Worst was that I was forgiven. Still I got to run the gamut of tantrums and unreasonable behaviour.


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1143

The Farmer's Wife

*the butler's hatch opens and the old platters are removed and replaced by one single, very large plate covered in saran wrap*

Since you can't decide when to come to meals, I've made you all some nice peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread. It's rhubarb jelly. That should take care of you durn vegetarians.

*slams the hatch shut again*


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1144

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*suspects saran wrap is one of those smiley - ant-proof things* waits for someone else to open the sandwiches*


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1145

a girl called Ben

My admin is - astonishingly - down to one item, which is working out my expenses for the first quarter of this year. I still find it astonishing. There are things I want to do and need to do, like check out cheaper deals for gas and elecricity, check out training courses and the (oh god) filing. But my admin-admin is all current.

It is scary.

I am off to wash and vacuum the car, buy some petrol and cigs, (ahem), and maybe nip into Waitrose and get a bottle of wine. I am down to what is lurking in the flat, and yesterday I opened a half bottle of vin de pays d'oc my ex left behind which tasted like sherry, and which didn't make it past the first sip, and then a bottle of what turned out to be sweet English white which was given to me a couple of parties ago. Now technically it isn't possible to make sweet wine out of grapes grown in this climate which is a bit worrying. Maybe I should have waited till the winter and used it as anti-freeze.

The nastiest thing about being broke? Cheap wine!

B


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1146

Coniraya

It never ceases to amaze me how it is still possible to get a very passable bottle of wine in supermarkets for under a fiver. Herricks Chardonnay and Winter Hill Merlot from Sainsbury's for example. Bottoms Up are doing a 3 for 2 on Fetzer Pinot Noir for £7.99 which was also a good deal.

Amy, I will undo the wrap for you, but I hate peanut butter, I only have it in the house for the smiley - mouse traps. I shall try some of the ricotta and smiley - strawberry parfait.

Whilst thinking about my dreams I realised that the baby one alternates with being some kind of hero, where I can do nothing wrong, every bad situation that develops I can deal with. smiley - erm


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1147

Hypatia

I wanted to be Galadriel smiley - wah

I always dream about things not working. Light bulbs are always burned out or the brakes on the car won't work or I want to make a phone call and can't find the number. And I drive in reverse with no brakes all the time. And I'm in a hotel and can't ever remember which room I'm in. Don't even get me started on the broken elevator dreams. And I used to swim a lot in my dreams and could breathe under water. And there's this awful house with three stories and an attic and I'm the only one who knows that the attic is possessed by the devil. Same house, same attic for 40 years. smiley - yikes

Whew. thanks, I feel much better now. smiley - smiley

Actually I think the devil has moved into the kitchen. *gives the area a wide berth on the way to the library to check out Freud*


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1148

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I dreamed of bread and pasta and 7 different kinds of cheesecake. I think the whole craving thing is trying to catch up to me...


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1149

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I'll skip posting the geek-test address, unless there is demand for it.

Hmm, I get my radios today! I can't wait to play with them. I purchased a pair of two way radios for campling and convoying. Looks like they will be fun.


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1150

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]
*requests the geek test site*


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1151

marvthegrate LtG KEA

http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html

I scored over 62% and am an extreme geek.


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1152

Sol

Peanut butter and jam!!! Yes! Though did it have to be rubarb?

Teaching business English is the pits. Teaching Busness English for a business exams is worse. I am undecided about whether teaching a group who are manifestly much better than the level they are supposed to be is worse than teaching a group who are manifestly much worse, but it sure as hell makes me look stupid. What is beyond bearing is the fact that one of them had done the material I'd culled for today's lesson, and was not impressed. Thank god it's not actually my class.

Going home to find out whether B bit the bullet and ate the tube today. I'm pretty sure that his ulcer is no better, and I'm not sure what to do about this.


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1153

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*takes a sandwich*

I nearly lost the will to live during that test. I'm relieved to say that I am only about 23% geeky. Just a normal geek.


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1154

Courtesy38

I scored 47.73176% - Super Geek

Courtesy


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1155

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I don't remember any of my dreams, there was so much happening in real life last night. We had several violent storms, with lots of lightning and thunderclaps bouncing off the walls of the valley, and I came wide awake as I realised that Limbo was still outside. She's into being nocturnal, in the good weather. Well, she was banging on the door at about 3 am, so I had to get up, let her in, and dry her off.

And then it was off first thing this morning to run errands and get a hair cut -- my hair is getting thicker, by which I mean there is a lot more of it. It still has the same mean diameter per hair and seems to be about as intelligent as before. smiley - silly

All these quizzes! Who are all these quiz-makers who dare to think they can tell me what I am, or what percent of anything I am?

*helps herself to lasagna* Thank you so much, Wolfgang, for catering for us. We have a nightmare in the kitchen, probably for the next 2 and a half weeks. smiley - sadface


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1156

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Only do that quiz if you have plenty of time. I think I'd have only been slightly geekish but the physics degree did for me.

My hair is longer since I started the Atkins diet. That is, it was at its maximum length but is no longer naturally falling out at that length and so is already about one inch longer than it used to be... and counting.


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1157

a girl called Ben

I ended up as a Geek too, which was a surprise. I have always considered myself either a Groupie to Geeks, or, occasionally a Geekette. Though the score of 16.96252% was reassuringly low!

I guess it is working in IT that did it for me. smiley - laugh

B


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1158

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


F38024?thread=288183

Clean cups! Clean cups!


5BXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1159

SE

44.77318% - Major Geek


Key: Complain about this post