A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Wherever you are, it is probably either snowing or about to snow. We have a hearty fire glowing blue and green with those fancy pine cones, and Matina is promising us all some hot chocolate with vegetarian marshamallows (the kind you have to pick), so y'all come on in and make yourself comfortable.

Quite honestly, the excitement of three new salonistas quite drove all the things we were talking about right out of my head. We had another Estonian, Valjeus (do I have that spelling right?) drop by but then get lost in backlog. Come back, Val! And then Trazeus was invited along by a-girl-called-Ben, and he had barely got through the door when sDiver, formerly 3rd Asst Engineer, was right behind him. And incidentally, when did Nora get here?

Trazeus seems to have hardly got beyond the library -- wait till he opens the fridge -- which reminds me. We are taking votes for The World Book Selection, the short list for which is detailed in post 43 in the thread of the same name. Some of you haven't voted. Come on! The deadline is Saturday. I just decided that. And we'll be late for the day as it is.

Still absent and much missed are Afgncaap5 and Peripatetic Warrior Monk. Practically not here but checking in from time to time are Garius Lupus and Professor Tonk. It's a much quieter and predictable place without youse guys, and this is a Bad Thing. Gw7en has hardly been about either, and now we hear she's moving to Texas! Mac didn't show up enough, and neither did Carmel Bunny. She was probably on the phone.

Oh yes, the previous thread had a very strange sartorial tone! B4 wondered about the phrase "dressed to the nines" and before you knew it we were discussing our underwear. "Going commando"! Who would have thought it?

sea may have narrowly escaped a strange photographic session, and Marv is betrayed and beset at work. Hati lost one job and found another. It has been disclosed that Amy lives above a funeral parlor, which revelation led to a grand tour, liberally tipped. Munchkin and some little red haired girl who seems to have slipped quietly into our company -- you know who you are, Tocc -- are tootling about the countryside in a little red alpha particle whilst planning a move to Edinburgh. Phil is wandering the heath, taking black and white pictures. Sporky seems to have retained the same handle for the duration of a whole thread. Montana Redhead is deeply immured in the Glendower papers. B4 initiated the odd practising of widening the thread. Witty Moniker is studying real estate and it's making her surly. smiley - winkeye Zeppo has been revealed by d'Elaphant as an Iditarod contender, especially now that the race start is likely to be relocated to New Jersey (along with Saddam Hussein). Hypatia, our resident librarian, educated us to the fact that Ozzy Osbourne once relieved himself on the Alamo. It's amazing what's in reference books these days. Caerwynn and FG and Titania have been constant good company.

We started with huge oak trees and ended on spring flowers, and there's probably more to be said on the topic.

The pantomime continues! Having satisfied the demands of Billy the Kid and faced down the Despicable Dandy at the Pecos Jail, the company have moved on to the Contrary Garden, where that well-known group, Miss Muffet and the Spider, have just regaled the audience with a stirring rendition of "Ghost Riders in Disguise."

And no doubt there was more, but I've forgotten it, for which I apologise. Let's look ahead. I need to see whether I've properly learned how to cite an internal link, in a thread. You all just relax.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


smiley - wah


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Don't cry, Lil, please don't cry.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4

SE

hootoo was having a moment just a time ago. These things happen.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 5

Trazeus

Don't worry Lil. In another billion years it'll all be one big iceball anyway. As for right now, we'll carry on doing what we do best. smiley - bubbly
smiley - cheesecake and my personal favorite smiley - choc


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]

I kinda like the tag .... gives us an air of mystery smiley - winkeye


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

Hati

I think I have missed something important in the previous thread. smiley - run


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 9

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Marv, I think I'm with Lil. The universe is trying to tell you something, and that something is get the heck out of SLC! As that seems to be the case, as much as I know you hate the number of people, down here can't be any worse than SLC, and I'm sure the Salonistas down here have some contacts....

that said, given who you work for, and knowing what they're worth, my suggestion is that you talk to the lawyer who calls you back about making them pay your legal fees. I'm sure someone is willing to take them on. And frankly, a peripheral mention of your name on a website is NOT enough for them to make such threats. Unless they can prove that YOU were the hacker (i.e., your computer when you were clocked in on a consistent basis), they are trying to make you back down. Don't.

Fight the power.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Matina brings an Irish coffee in a First to the Forum mug to Mac, and a box of kleenex to Lil*

smiley - cry


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

a girl called Ben

OOh - a lovely new thread - I always think I will keep up with them, and then never do, and finally I develop backlogophobia, and wait till the next new thread.

I have a dilemma. I live about 2 hours journey from London, and London as most of you know then requires about 30-40 minutes journeying within it, in order to be able to work there.

I am being offered a few days a week work there, the money will be useful, and at the moment they seem flexible on time.

I normally would consider it on the basis that I could go up on, say, Tuesday morning, stay over, and go home on Wednesday evening. But... I am getting two kittens in 3 weeks time - real kittenny kittens... So my feeling is that staying over is not an option for at least two months.

But: 5 hours travel per day for at least 2 days per week...? I can't work on trains, I can barely read on trains, in fact.

The main advantage is that this will top up my savings, thereby enabling me to do what I am doing for longer.

The main disadvantage is that it will be a time and energy drain on everything else I am doing.

My main activities at the moment are (currently) unpaid, but basicially building a couple of lines of business which should eventually pay more than just the mortgage.

Dilemmas, dilemmas. Just typing has helped.

B


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

Sol

[Sol]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

Hati

So that was Vaeltaja. Nope, he is not from Estonia. Actually he is not from h2g2 either. I met him around somewhere. What they call the place - the book of world or how's it called...


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

Courtesy38

Ben -

I commuted for 4-5 hours a day for about a year and it just plain sucked. There is no upside to that amount of travel every day, regardless of what they are paying. I would never do it again.

Just my .02c.

Courtesy


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

Spelugx the Beige, Wizard, Perl, Thaumatologically Challenged

[:x]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

Titania (gone for lunch)

I woke up to a world of silver today - while yesterday was bright white, today is a softer white (where's the sun?) - the sky is a kind of dull white (but not enough to be grey)...

...the mist (that is still here) got caught in the trees yesterday, covering them with so much frost that they look furry! And the numerous pine trees along my way to the commuter station were particularly beautiful in silver... sorry Marv, but I *do* love the winter when it's displaying this kind of beauty!smiley - bigeyes

Ben - are you talking about full-time days - or could you work less hours per day but maybe one extra day each week?


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

Toccata

Toccata (Munchkin's little red headed girl smiley - winkeye)


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

a girl called Ben

Full time days, I guess. Actually I have made up my mind to phone and cancel the interview.

You know when you have a gut feeling about something....?

And you know what happens when you ignore it....?

It really is a shame - if it was an hour nearer I would do it.

Ben


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

Coniraya

Missed the mug again smiley - sadface

So much I wanted to respond to, but Marv first. Keep your chin up and make sure the lawyer you have engaged is experienced in employment and corporate law and if not then recommends someone who is. Is there a professional body who can assist with fees? If you begin to waiver, just remember you have all of us rooting for you and if we can't be there in person all those vibes have to count for something.smiley - hug

Darn, forgotten who posted the latest flower links smiley - sorry. I have a tree hollyhock in my garden that flowers later in the season when so much has gone over and it looks lovely. The orchid is gorgeous, I love wondering through the orchid house at the RHS, which is sponsored by Singapore Airlines.

Two kittens, Ben? How lovely, Cassie smiley - cat could have done with being raised with a sibling to play with, she gets quite lonely. The RSPCA wanted her homed where she would be an only smiley - cat and I think it would be too much of a battle to introduce her to another one now. She goes completely berserk if she's a smiley - cat in the garden and will try and get at through the window until she remembers she has a flap she can get out of. We have heard the sounds of several battles by the back door since she has been with us.

I didn't have things stolen in BG series, either, I dropped items in barrels or chests. But perhaps a newer patch has changed that. I've got to finish IWDII before Lionheart is released. But am now up against 5 iron golems now smiley - erm

I was thinking about Affy, PWM and Eatsmice, Lil. I hope all is well with them.


Key: Complain about this post