A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1001

a girl called Ben

First day 'back to work' though I am not actually going back to work because I am working from home for a goodly while! So I am working my way through the stack of paperwork, and doing things like up-dating my Norton Anti Virus.

B


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1002

Titania (gone for lunch)

*has a pizzeria with quite decent pizzas far too close for comfort - probably less than 100 metres from home*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1003

Coniraya

Marv, No2 son is studying for his CCNA too, but no classes for him he is doing it off his own bat, although his employers have offered to pay for the exam.

Welcome back to Surrey, Munch. You didn't bring any snow with you, but tomorrow's forecast is hopeful.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1004

Titania (gone for lunch)

So many people online, including Italics - aha - this is an ordinary w*rking Monday in the UK, isn't it?

* having the day off (Epiphany)*

*online from home, unable to stay online all day because it would cost too much *


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1005

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh well - I guess I'll just log out and crawl back to my nice warm bed with some smiley - choc and a good book (still in pyjamas after having a brunch) *smiley - runs off before someone hits her with something heavy and blunt*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1006

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy] - still in her pyjamas too smiley - smiley


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1007

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG] Also in pajamas, but having yet to sleep at 0500. Methinks that a gin and tonic smiley - stiffdrink is in my immediate future.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1008

Hypatia

Not in pajamas, but still in 10 year-old robe held together with safety pins. smiley - erm Well, it's warm and cozy and I'm used to it. I think it used to be blue, but it's hard to tell.

First day of annual New Year's diet. Last year I made it to January 20th. smiley - ok


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1009

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

[d'E]
[smiley - dog]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1010

Phil

Yahoo! I've got myself another interview (finally). Will it be the one that I get a job out of? Will I want the job after having the interview? Who knows, who cares smiley - winkeye
Now to re-read up on computer security...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1011

Munchkin

Good luck Phil


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1012

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*not in pj's and severly not wanting to go to work. *

Best of luck, Phil. smiley - smiley


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1013

Bumblebee

*crosses fingers and toes for Phil*
*Tiptoes in and leaves a callingcard on the hall-table that says
"Sorry I can't be with you all, January is h*ll for us accountants and
I have to be finished before the London Meetup"*
[-B-]
[smiley - handbag]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1014

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Oh look, Handbag's got his own calling card. Isn't that sweet.

*handles [smiley - handbag] with tongs just in case*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1015

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*pops the firescreen down in the corner for Amy to place the smiley - handbag behind*

I stayed up waaaay late last night, reading "The Nanny Diaries" in one sitting. And I never wear jammies.

The sky is heavily overcast and the temperature is somewhere in the low 40's Fahrenheit.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1016

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Good luck, Phil!

This morning came way too early for the Rugrat and I. We had a spot of trouble re-adjusting our sleep patterns to "school" mode.

And the Santa Ana winds didn't help! It certainly was windy.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1017

SE

Garh. 26 inches of snow and freezing rain. Tonight brings another three and tomorrow we're expecting another 6. Mother Nature is trying to kill us.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1018

Courtesy38

Santa Ana winds kept me up most of the night ..... gusts up to 100 mph.

Courtesy


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1019

Bald Bloke

[BB]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1020

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Well, for me it's the first day in another position at the power plant. I bid into a Rad/Chem Helper position and got accepted a couple of months ago, though--due to our scheduled refueling outage--wasn't able to start the job until now. Got paid this position's wages since November, though. Gad! Ya gotta love a Union that has some clout to look after it's people!

Have y'all been following the Pantomime sponsored by Lil & Amy? It's a real hoot! The sets; the characters; the drama; the comedy! Ah, all the world's a stage...

See y'all there!
B4igetbackincostumesmiley - cool


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more