A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 841

soeasilyamused, or sea

*sigh*

all very good advice.

now the only problem is taking it....

smiley - hugs for everyone. thank you for your help!


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 842

Hati

smiley - hug sea


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 843

Titania (gone for lunch)

You know... I've been a drug-carrier once...smiley - blush ...because I didn't know any better...

I had been travelling around in Europe with the good old Inter Rail card, and last of all I visited Salzburg, Austria... my oh my, what pretty bottles of licqueur - and so many various fruits and berries...

...so I bought a couple of violine bottles for my mother, and some cognac for my father, and some rhum for my brother, and some pretty bottles for myself...

...my backpack must have weighed something like 20 kilos - I know I tried to lift it up on a shelf above my head but discovered (with the backpack on my head) that I couldn't straighten my arms...

In those days, there was no bridge between Denmark and Sweden - the train drove right onto a ferry, and then off - and once on the Swedish side, a swarm of customs officers with dogs boarded the train and started searching through the train...

I was getting more and more nervous, because I knew I had brought much bigger quantities of alcohol that were allowed back then (before EU and more generous restrictions) and I thought it must show how guilty I was feeling - if they found out, they would confiscate the bottles and I'd be fined...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 844

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*waits breathlessly for the rest of the story*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 845

Titania (gone for lunch)

...and then I'd have no smiley - gifts for my family - but then, I didn't have any money left either to pay the fines...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 846

Coniraya

Codiene is available here over the counter, in a low dose in painkillers such as co-codamol, Veganin, Migraleve and Advil. However,it is very common for codeine to actually give you a headache.

My favoured method for colds (I have that dry naso-pharynx feeling right now) is vitamin C with zinc, 1 gram for as many days as necessary at the first suspicion of a cold. It doesn't stop it, but definitely reduces the length. For the first 3 nights and no longer, I take Night Nurse capsules because I am feel so much better if I get some sleep. If I knew how to make a hot toddy, I would have one of those too smiley - winkeye

Relationships are tough, sometimes you just have to work out what is important and what really doesn't matter, I'm sure that differs from couple to couple. It occured to me earlier on that I have no idea how many partners H had before we got together, apart from his ex-wife and one ex-girlfriend that I met and it is not important now. What is important is that we are still together after 11 years, 2 married and for some smiley - weird reason we still smiley - love each other smiley - blush.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 847

Titania (gone for lunch)

When one of the officers approached me and asked me 'Where is your luggage?' I thought I was going to faint (being young and innocent and not used to this kind of excitementsmiley - winkeye) but I managed to point at my backpack and say, in a very meek voice, 'there'

He draw a cross (X) on it with a piece of chalk (which I found very ominous) and then disappeared...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 848

FG

*waits impatiently for the next installment of "Titania: International Smuggler of Mystery"*

My favorite cold (or any illness, actually) remedy is hot lemonade with honey and a shot of brandy. Works every time. smiley - winkeye


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 849

Titania (gone for lunch)

...never to return again... turned out they had had some cases of ownerless luggage - someone would get on board the train in say Germany, leave a suitcase with drugs and then get off... and then someone would get on board the train in Sweden to pick it up, preferrably once it was through customs - if it was discovered, then there was no one they could connect it with - so they marked *all* the luggage that had owners...smiley - puff

When I finally got home safe and sound, I started unpacking, handing out the bottles - and my brother stared at his bottle of rhum and said 'Are you crazy?'smiley - yikes

'Eh... what?' I said. '90% Stroh Rum is classified as narcotics and is forbidden in Sweden!' said my brother

You could have knocked me down with a feather - I had bought that bottle in a Coop store (mostly selling groceries) in Austria! Oh well... my brother got many smiley - stiffdrinks out of that bottle...smiley - biggrin ...but I still shudder to think of what would have happened if the customs had decided to check the contents of my backpack...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 850

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thanks for the codeine link Hati - I never overdose anything , and I avoid combining things nowadays after a bad experience once (swelling up like a balloon)


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 851

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh drat - my yahoo mail address seems to have been picked up by a spammer - but the spammer's name is Chloe!smiley - laugh Chloe... Chloe... it wasn't really you, was it? *looks around, in vain*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 852

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I avoid codein because I like it a little too much, along with any opiate. Don't get me started on alcohol content and legality in Utah. smiley - grr
I guess that Everclear would be verbotten in Sweden as well then at 98%.

I want to get my hands on some Absinthe someday, just to try it out.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 853

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hmmm... the absinthe they make today isn't quite like the original one, is it? I wonder if there's an edited entry on absinthe - I know I've read something about it somewhere... *gestures vaguelly*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 854

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ah yes - here it is: Absinthe A631630


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 855

Bald Bloke

Theres a bottle behind the bar in my local, but it very rarely gets touched, more because of the price than anything else.

[BB]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 856

FG

It's technically still legal to have an open container of alcohol in your car here in Montana. No one has written a law stating you *can't*. MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving, a national organization) is starting up a big campaign now that our Legislature is back in session in a few weeks.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 857

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I would dearly like to try, one day, the real Absinthe. It was outlawed in the US for quite some time.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 858

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Caer, Advil has codeine in it where you are? Here it's just ibuprofen!!

I have a small bottle of codeine cough syrup in the cupboard, from the strep throat my daughter had. I'll keep it until it expires, just because you never know when you need it.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 859

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

smiley - crossI haven't been able to get a connection since 4pm smiley - grr.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 860

Hypatia

[H] *looking for smiley - handcuffs for Ti*


Key: Complain about this post